Upgrade of 5930K X99 Asus Rampage - Xeon or 5960x make sense 4k gaming?

dpoverlord

[H]ard|Gawd
Odd question,

My 5930k overclocks to 4.4ghz on air and I was wondering, if there would be an improvement upgrading the cpu at all? I read in the ASUS CPU chart that I can use a 6900k, 6850k, 6800k, 5960x, or a Xeon

Would there be that dramatic of a difference? My system is using a 2080ti and I am feeling a slight upgrade itch.

I even considered selling my Rampage V Extreme and getting the Rampage V 10 Anniversary Edition as it was only $100 in a trade. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
No dramatic difference at all. Your CPU is still plenty for games even with a 2080TI. Not sure if you do anything else with your system that requires more cores, but I'd honestly advise to just wait. If you really want to upgrade I'd go AM4 since Ryzen 4000 will also be compatible.

Haha, same boat, except my 5930k is on an AIO running at 4.625Ghz (125mhz strap). Also have a 2080Ti and have the upgrade itch. However; as much as I want some new tech, I'm trying to see if I can hold out for Ryzen 4000 and the newer Intel 10's to see if I can be enticed more. I game at 2K and 4K and can't say I feel limited much at those resolutions. I imagine an upgrade would benefit the low FPS drops or lower resolutions more. However, I doubt you would see much of anything with full core haswell-e or broadwell-e. Without an AIO, a 5960x will run hotter, likely limiting your OC. And from my understanding, broadwell-e overclocked like shit. Your probably sitting about as good as you can on X99 honestly. If you want to gain 5% or more in performance, try tweaking with your memory and timings if you havent already. :)

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There are 8 core unlocked multiplier xeon e5-1660 V3 CPUs on ebay for a reasonable price 175$ They are like the i7-5960x
Ebay is doing a 5% ebay bucks promotions right now so that is about 9$ back. Make them a reasonable offer they may take it. I got one a while ago for 170$

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E5-1660-V3...852523&hash=item2ab6ea1dd9:g:KjQAAOSw0kRbv-js

I'm in a similar boat with my 5820K setup. Isn't the issue with Xeons that they don't work with XMP/tweaked RAM settings etc?

I have a alert on all 5960X at the mo on Ebay. Just watching the price slowly come down. Maybe in the next 6 months I'll bite...or just dump the lot for a new AMD rig.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have two systems at home. One is a 5930K with a 2080TI and the other is a 9900k with a 2080TI. Both are on 4k displays and in terms of gaming, the experience is similar. If you need to do some number crunching or CAD that uses cpu mostly, then in some cases computation is cut in half on the 9900k. USB3.1 and NVME are also beneficial but again for gaming do not really make a difference.

I'm in a similar boat with my 5820K setup. Isn't the issue with Xeons that they don't work with XMP/tweaked RAM settings etc?

I have a alert on all 5960X at the mo on Ebay. Just watching the price slowly come down. Maybe in the next 6 months I'll bite...or just dump the lot for a new AMD rig.

I have a few x99 xeons, hexcore 1650 V3 and octocore 1660 V3 and I change the settings on the ram with no issues.
DDR$ 2100 running at 2400,, DDR4 2400 running at 2667 or better, can change the timings tighten them up or loosen them as needed.

While personally I think 5930k OC is still a killer chip and platform, the unlocked Xeons function the same as the X series chips but support registered memory.

These are the unlocked ones for X99:
6-core
E5-1650 v3
8-core
E5-1660 v3
E5-1680 v3

I'd not bother with 1680 personally, too expensive.

I have two systems at home. One is a 5930K with a 2080TI and the other is a 9900k with a 2080TI. Both are on 4k displays and in terms of gaming, the experience is similar.
I has a similar experience when I "upgraded" from my old 3930k to my 7820x to use my datacenter NVMe SSD I got lol.

No dramatic difference at all. Your CPU is still plenty for games even with a 2080TI. Not sure if you do anything else with your system that requires more cores, but I'd honestly advise to just wait. If you really want to upgrade I'd go AM4 since Ryzen 4000 will also be compatible.
Interesting, I saw that the Asus Rampave V Extreme 10 anniversary edition might provide more features but it really won't help me it seems either.
What about a 5960 or the 6800/6900 series? I think my issue is when I read some benchmarks it seems newer systems are getting 20-30 more FPS out of games compared to me at 4k. I feel my system is

While personally I think 5930k OC is still a killer chip and platform, the unlocked Xeons function the same as the X series chips but support registered memory.

These are the unlocked ones for X99:
6-core
E5-1650 v3
8-core
E5-1660 v3
E5-1680 v3

I'd not bother with 1680 personally, too expensive.

I has a similar experience when I "upgraded" from my old 3930k to my 7820x to use my datacenter NVMe SSD I got lol.
Makes sense, only if the price makes sense but it sounds like I wont see much of a difference. Odd since some benches I see seem to be benching higher than my setup. It's def not worth it then. I will wait and see if they new tock has something to say.

I have a few x99 xeons, hexcore 1650 V3 and octocore 1660 V3 and I change the settings on the ram with no issues.
DDR$ 2100 running at 2400,, DDR4 2400 running at 2667 or better, can change the timings tighten them up or loosen them as needed.

So I can slap a Xeon in and keep the current XMP 3000/125 strap and low latency RAM settings as I have with the 5820K?

So I can slap a Xeon in and keep the current XMP 3000/125 strap and low latency RAM settings as I have with the 5820K?
Has anyone done a bench of the performance difference between a 5930k to xeon at 4k? I did that on my x58 and it was huge

Last edited:
I have two systems at home. One is a 5930K with a 2080TI and the other is a 9900k with a 2080TI. Both are on 4k displays and in terms of gaming, the experience is similar.
I am still floored at how these older CPUs fare in terms of gaming. I have a 3930k that I have little reason to upgrade, for now, as I game a 60fps and it has admirably served all games I've played well throughout its life.

Got bored, decided to pick up a used "J" batch 5960x on ebay to max out my x99 system. Only cost $220 after knocking the seller down a little bit. Hoping being "J" batch I can get 4.6 ~4.8Ghz (if not more!) out of it with 1.4V or less! Not sure how much it may help overall, but I figure 20% more cores might help me milk this system 6 more months or so until Ryzen 4000. Plus, if I get a better overclocker than my 5930k, might be worth it some. The 6950x's were just waayyyyy too expensive and were shit overclockers. Otherwise, I'd have picked up one of those. Even $220 for an old CPU seemed high, but compared to all other listings, I think I made out good if it turns out nice.

The risk... I could lose the silicon lottery and get a worse overclock than on my 5930k. In that case, I'd just resell it on ebay and probably make some money... lol. But it takes freaking 1.38V to maintain my current overclock on my 5930k and I have to use the crappy 125Mhz strap as I am unable to hit 3200Mhz memory speeds. So hopefully, I luck out on the IMC too.

Figure, I love tweaking shit, and snagging a known good overclocker batch of a CPU seemed like a fun way to hopefully milk x99 slightly longer.

P.S. Sorry for the necro... LOL

Last edited:
Yeah I needed a second PC and picked up a used 5960x combo for 250. My current system was a 5930k so I figured I'll do a slight upgrade bump and also getting parts for my second HTPC.

Sadly I can only get both chip stable at 4.4ghz under 1.3v. I didn't want to go higher than 1.3v since my temp under load was already hitting 80s.

Still trying to weigh it out if it was the right choice of upgrade for the price.

80C seems high for 1.3V... are you on air or something?

My 5960x should show up this weekend... hoping I luck out with the "J" batch and can get 4.6Ghz or better with low voltages. Hell, I'll push 4.8Ghz if it lets me! My 5930K takes an insane 1.38V for 4.625Ghz (1.34V for 4.5Ghz), but it tops out around 82~84C at 4.625Ghz and around 72C if I run it at 4.5Ghz. Which is why I'm surprised your so high at only 1.3V. Although I know the 5960x has more cores, I feel like it should be alright at 1.3V if it is water cooled. I read a lot of old threads where people got 4.5 or 4.6 on the 5960x "J" batches with 1.25V or less and temps never got above 70C.

Guess I will find out this weekend! Going to buy a new AIO too for it as the one I have now is 5+ years old.

Im actually on a Corsair h115i AIO. I would just have to assume my chip runs hot xD. Reseated/Repaste the cpu and dust out the radiator as well.

Well, I have an H100i that I plan too replace with a newer H100i Pro, which is smaller than an H115i still, so I guess I will let you know when my chip shows up this weekend!

Yeah I'm curious myself. Although my water temp for the aio hover around 34-5c when idle.

Yeah, this "J" batch 5960x is pretty damn good, way better than my old 5930K. I can get 4.7Ghz stable, but it takes 1.35Vcore and I can boot into windows at 4.8Ghz at 1.36Vcore, but I'm not even going to attempt to get that stable. For the Corsair H100i iCUE, it tops out around 83C under full load at 4.7Ghz 1.35Vore. Not really worth it IMO, so I switched to the 125Mhz strap so I could run my DDR4 around 2800Mhz again (instead of 2400Mhz at 100 strap) and backed off 4.7Ghz slightly until I got 4.66Ghz (126.1 BLCK x 37 Mult). I can run this stable at only 1.3V! :) This gives me about 28C idle and 76C under full load. If I run the 100Mhz Strap at 4.6Ghz, it only requires 1.25V! With the adaptive voltage, that configuration was getting me 26C idle and 65C full load. But, I wanted it push it further to get my DDR4 up to speed.

I think I am going to call that a nice happy spot to camp configuration wise for now. Gets me 70GB of DDR4 read bandwidth (68GB Copy), 56.2ms latency in AIDA 64 and I'm already better than my previous chips OC, runs cooler and now I have 33% more cores :) Initial tests are good so far. Happy with the cheap upgrade and I feel I can hold out for DDR5 and the newer CPU's late this year!

I just got a 5960K on the way! Looking forward to having a 'complete' X99 system with the 40 lanes and all the slots available finally. If I can get it to 4.3GHz at say 1.2v-1.25v I'll be happy.

I just got a 5960K on the way! Looking forward to having a 'complete' X99 system with the 40 lanes and all the slots available finally. If I can get it to 4.3GHz at say 1.2v-1.25v I'll be happy.
Did you get a "J" batch? If so, expect 4.5Ghz at that voltage and you can likely clock higher with more voltage. It will run a bit hotter tho, so keep that in mind.

I got mine for a good price, and for what I paid, a nice upgrade. Ur not going to be blown away, but it smoothed some things out for me with the extra threads and much better OC than my 5930k.

If you game on a lower resolution then me (4k here), you will likely notice more of a difference if u get a good OC.

Did you get a "J" batch? If so, expect 4.5Ghz at that voltage and you can likely clock higher with more voltage. It will run a bit hotter tho, so keep that in mind.

I got mine for a good price, and for what I paid, a nice upgrade. Ur not going to be blown away, but it smoothed some things out for me with the extra threads and much better OC than my 5930k.

If you game on a lower resolution then me (4k here), you will likely notice more of a difference if u get a good OC.

Well as long as it runs 4-4.3GHz I'm fine. It's me paying the power bill after all. It's more the extra threads and PCI-e lanes that are more useful to me than the ultimate OC.

I did run the ASUS OC tool on my 5820K when I got it and that hit 4.7GHz before I bottled it and pulled the plug. Been running it at 4 to 4.25GHz the past 4 years.

Well as long as it runs 4-4.3GHz I'm fine. It's me paying the power bill after all. It's more the extra threads and PCI-e lanes that are more useful to me than the ultimate OC.

I did run the ASUS OC tool on my 5820K when I got it and that hit 4.7GHz before I bottled it and pulled the plug. Been running it at 4 to 4.25GHz the past 4 years.
If gaming is your concern, you may want to consider clocking to at least 4.5, you would notice a fairly decent gain from 4 or 4.25 and get very close to Ryzen 3700X performance. But, if you got the chip for the PCIe lanes and intend to use it for non gaming purposes, then yeah, I dont blame you. I found over 1.3V this thing starts to use a lot more power and generates a lot more heat. Under 1.3V it runs quite cool considering the OC I have on mine right now.

Slapped the 5960X in and used some Grizzly paste spread nicely across the die. Stuck it to 1.25v with a 4.2GHz OC and the uncore at 3.8GHz. Runs fine and steady. topping out at 61C.

When I get time I'll remove my NVMe system drive, put in a basic build and do some more extreme tuning. I don't like to do testing with my main build.

Just realized we discussed this early last year.

I'm very much considering the xeon / 5960x route if it will get me another 25 frames at 4k with my 3090.

Have any of you did any benches with the 3090?

Seems the 5960x is $100-$160 on ebay! Curious now.

Which J batch is the best there were some tray batches that said J.

Now I have to prepare myself for a few days of tweaking / over locking I guess. Is the xeon better than the 5960x?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-022904_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-022904_eBay.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Odd question,

My 5930k overclocks to 4.4ghz on air and I was wondering, if there would be an improvement upgrading the cpu at all? I read in the ASUS CPU chart that I can use a 6900k, 6850k, 6800k, 5960x, or a Xeon

Would there be that dramatic of a difference? My system is using a 2080ti and I am feeling a slight upgrade itch.

I even considered selling my Rampage V Extreme and getting the Rampage V 10 Anniversary Edition as it was only $100 in a trade. Any thoughts?

Dude, you have another thread on this topic already. The answer is still "no." Even the 6950X, the fastest CPU available for X99 won't be a substantial upgrade from what you are using. The 5930K at 4.4GHz is going to be just as fast as the 5960X at 4.5GHz and the 6950X at 4.3GHz. The latter clocking lower than its predecessor. The 10c/20t 6950X's IPC improvements came at the cost of lower clock speeds. Those two more cores and threads did absolutely fuck all for gaming. I know, I tested the 6950X and already had a 5960X on my test bench and one in my personal system. I ran the 5960X for nearly five years at 4.5GHz. Your primarily GPU limited at 4K and games don't typically use more than 4c/8t. There are a few that do, but again the GPU is far more important. The six core CPU's are still getting things done. The Ryzen 5 3600/3600X were bought in droves by budget conscious gamers and they were very happy with their purchases despite the architecture still being pretty weak at 1080P gaming. The Ryzen 5600's are very desirable as well for the same reasons. Even the lowly Intel 9600K's are still great for gaming.

I've been through this already. I hadn't upgraded in forever, so I used a Threadripper 2920X I had. That was worse in games than my 5960X by quite a bit. The 1% lows were shit on the 2920X. Averages looked the same or better, but the minimums were crap. So, I went with a 9900K. That was great for games, but something felt like it was lagging everywhere else compared to my 5960X system. So, I went to the Ryzen 9 3950X and now the 10900K. Honestly, what I should have done was hold out longer on the 5960X and gone with the Core i9-10900K or the Ryzen 9 5950X. Nothing in between really felt like much of an upgrade. There is a reason why there are still people on Core i5 2600K's. Many people have only just recently started getting off of those. Some people are doing it because the motherboards have failed more than anything or because the latest generation CPU's finally have enough of an advantage that it's starting to make some sense. An upgrade to something else that slots into an LGA 2011 socket just doesn't many any damn sense whatsoever. If you really want an upgrade, you are going to have to change motherboards and CPU's.

Just realized we discussed this early last year.

I'm very much considering the xeon / 5960x route if it will get me another 25 frames at 4k with my 3090.

Have any of you did any benches with the 3090?

Seems the 5960x is $100-$160 on ebay! Curious now.

Which J batch is the best there were some tray batches that said J.

Now I have to prepare myself for a few days of tweaking / over locking I guess. Is the xeon better than the 5960x?
FWIW, below is what I get with my 3090 on a 5960X "J" Batch CPU....

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/56702530?

I went from a 5930k to a 5960x J Batch for several reasons bach in April/May... and while it is not a "huge" upgrade, I saw a decent enough bump for sub $200.

1. They overclock REALLY nice and lower voltage. I am at 4.625Ghz on 1.3V right now. I can do 4.7 ~ 4.75Ghz if I want to push, but I am happy where I am at.
2. The 5960x is full die, so no dead silicon. The IMC on the J Batch is stronger too, so I was able to run "fast" memory and timings on this thing (fast for x99 anyway)... and at 32GB.
3. In some heavy CPU intensive games like BFV or CP2077, the 4 extra threads DO help spread the load out. I never noticed stuttering or anything, but that could also be because I run at 4K and my GPU is the limit, not the CPU.
4. I was somewhat bored and wanted a new OC challenge on my current setup to gain as much as I could to milk x99 till DDR5 and PCIe 4.0 on Intel.

Honestly, I can match a 3700X in performance and it will come close to 8-series Intel CPU's with my overclock. If you do not want to spend a ton of money, give it a shot. Chances are that J Batch will get you a much better OC, a better IMC and may smooth a few things out for you. $100~$160 is a fair price for what you will possibly gain.

As to YOUR point on frames, I highly doubt your going to see an extra 25 FPS in anything, but you may notice smoother operations if you take the time to OC and tweak your memory as well. I think I gained maybe 5~8% over my 5930k if I recall in pure performance in games. I was pretty methodical about it back when i made the switch. However; I was also able to get a much better OC on my memory and timings, which played a large role in that bump. The better IMC was well worth it for me and I even was able to OC higher than my 5930k too.

Last edited:
Where can you see what batch the CPU is? On the heatspreader? CPU-z? I don't have the box for my 5960x anymore.

Where can you see what batch the CPU is? On the heatspreader? CPU-z? I don't have the box for my 5960x anymore.
It's on the heat spreader above the serial number (second from the bottom).

I worked hard to find a "J Batch" that also has a serial number starting with "2W". Some enthusiast forums pointed to those being the best over clockers on x99 of all time. It did NOT disappoint. I could even post my system a 4.8Ghz, but voltages for stability were too high for my liking.

FWIW, below is what I get with my 3090 on a 5960X "J" Batch CPU....

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/56702530?

I went from a 5930k to a 5960x J Batch for several reasons bach in April/May... and while it is not a "huge" upgrade, I saw a decent enough bump for sub $200.

1. They overclock REALLY nice and lower voltage. I am at 4.625Ghz on 1.3V right now. I can do 4.7 ~ 4.75Ghz if I want to push, but I am happy where I am at.
2. The 5960x is full die, so no dead silicon. The IMC on the J Batch is stronger too, so I was able to run "fast" memory and timings on this thing (fast for x99 anyway)... and at 32GB.
3. In some heavy CPU intensive games like BFV or CP2077, the 4 extra threads DO help spread the load out. I never noticed stuttering or anything, but that could also be because I run at 4K and my GPU is the limit, not the CPU.
4. I was somewhat bored and wanted a new OC challenge on my current setup to gain as much as I could to milk x99 till DDR5 and PCIe 4.0 on Intel.

Honestly, I can match a 3700X in performance and it will come close to 8-series Intel CPU's with my overclock. If you do not want to spend a ton of money, give it a shot. Chances are that J Batch will get you a much better OC, a better IMC and may smooth a few things out for you. $100~$160 is a fair price for what you will possibly gain.

As to YOUR point on frames, I highly doubt your going to see an extra 25 FPS in anything, but you may notice smoother operations if you take the time to OC and tweak your memory as well. I think I gained maybe 5~8% over my 5930k if I recall in pure performance in games. I was pretty methodical about it back when i made the switch. However; I was also able to get a much better OC on my memory and timings, which played a large role in that bump. The better IMC was well worth it for me and I even was able to OC higher than my 5930k too.
1.) He's already at 4.4GHz on his 5930K. Most 5960X's top out at 4.5GHz at 1.3v to 1.35v. So says ASUS who tested 100 of them to find that out.
2.) Perhaps the IMC is stronger on the J batches, but I doubt its worth the upgrade. He might have to change his RAM to take advantage of that. At that point, it's not really worth it given how old the system is and how little you gain with memory speed increases on pre-Skylake architecture Intel CPU's.
3.) It's true that 2 cores and 4 threads can help in certain CPU intensive games. I said as much, specifically referencing both Frostbite engine games like BFV and Cyberpunk 2077. However, spreading the load is not necessary. People are under the misconception that seeing the CPU cores loaded at more than 50% is a bad thing. It isn't. There is no need to "spread the load." Not in this context anyway. As for 4K gaming being primarily GPU limited, I don't think this is quite understood by most people. While its true that the GPU factors in much more heavily than the CPU at those resolutions, the fact is minimum FPS and frame times do improve with newer generations of CPU. It's up to him as to whether or not this would be worth it, assuming he can buy the 5960X and sell the 5930K for enough to mitigate the cost as 5960X's (last time I looked) go for more than they should given their age. I think I sold one of mine for $300 several months back.
4.) Fair enough and no one would fault you for that.

Yeah, you can probably match the 3700X because Zen 2 was only a little ahead of Haswell-E when it came to gaming. This is especially true at 4K.

No point in upgrading x99 for 4K resolution yet.
The crack in the armor is only now JUST barely starting to show and it’s only on one title. I game at 3440x1440 and my 6950x CPU at 4.1Ghz
will rarely but occasionally spike to 100% in a momentary peak, but most of the time hovers between 50 and 80% on cyberpunk 2077 with my 3080 card. I get a hankering to upgrade on occasion now too as I bought this machine in 2017 and typically like to upgrade every 2-3 years. Well there just isn’t that much better out there at all no matter what the cost for 4K gaming. Maybe next gen if PCI-E 4.0 bandwidth and shared GPU and NVME storage becomes a more mainstream thing.

1.) He's already at 4.4GHz on his 5930K. Most 5960X's top out at 4.5GHz at 1.3v to 1.35v. So says ASUS who tested 100 of them to find that out.
2.) Perhaps the IMC is stronger on the J batches, but I doubt its worth the upgrade. He might have to change his RAM to take advantage of that. At that point, it's not really worth it given how old the system is and how little you gain with memory speed increases on pre-Skylake architecture Intel CPU's.
3.) It's true that 2 cores and 4 threads can help in certain CPU intensive games. I said as much, specifically referencing both Frostbite engine games like BFV and Cyberpunk 2077. However, spreading the load is not necessary. People are under the misconception that seeing the CPU cores loaded at more than 50% is a bad thing. It isn't. There is no need to "spread the load." Not in this context anyway. As for 4K gaming being primarily GPU limited, I don't think this is quite understood by most people. While its true that the GPU factors in much more heavily than the CPU at those resolutions, the fact is minimum FPS and frame times do improve with newer generations of CPU. It's up to him as to whether or not this would be worth it, assuming he can buy the 5960X and sell the 5930K for enough to mitigate the cost as 5960X's (last time I looked) go for more than they should given their age. I think I sold one of mine for $300 several months back.
4.) Fair enough and no one would fault you for that.

Yeah, you can probably match the 3700X because Zen 2 was only a little ahead of Haswell-E when it came to gaming. This is especially true at 4K.

The crack in the armor is only now JUST barely starting to show and it’s only on one title. I game at 3440x1440 and my 6950x CPU at 4.1Ghz
will rarely but occasionally spike to 100% in a momentary peak, but most of the time hovers between 50 and 80% on cyberpunk 2077 with my 3080 card. I get a hankering to upgrade on occasion now too as I bought this machine in 2017 and typically like to upgrade every 2-3 years. Well there just isn’t that much better out there at all no matter what the cost for 4K gaming. Maybe next gen if PCI-E 4.0 bandwidth and shared GPU and NVME storage becomes a more mainstream thing.
That's what I thought. Appreciate the insights maybe I'd see a 1-2% for a measly 5 GPS it's not worth the benchingnsnd many hours to get a stable build.

The 3090 did the best I could and that was 2k

Just FYI ebay can be a crap shoot, I got a J batch 5960x that barely does 4.2ghz and that's with an oc socket. I'll probably stick it in fs/t see if anybody wants it that wants to run it stock or something lol.

CPU utilization not being 100% doesn't mean a title won't benefit from a newer CPU. Even at 4K. Frametimes could be vastly improved getting off the older platform. I don't think that's necessarily the case here, but I saw averages on X399 / Threadripper that were better than my 5960X and yet, my performance in games was worse.

Oddly enough this X99 rig has been having lockups with the latest windows update. Anyone here upgrade with similar setups or have the same issue?

Oddly enough this X99 rig has been having lockups with the latest windows update. Anyone here upgrade with similar setups or have the same issue?

My backup computer is still using an overclocked 5820k. I'm running the latest version of Windows 11 (22H2) on there right now with no issues. Although I do not regret moving on from that CPU, I'm still impressed with how it does in games overall and it still gets the job done when I need it to.

If you're still running Windows 10, you might give Windows 11 a try. Haswell-E CPUs are not officially supported but there are no actual issues when one of the many bypass methods are used during the Win 11 OS install process.

Thanks!

I was considering the switch but was wary that this Asus Rampage might have issues in games on Windows 11

Honestly, I'd just stay on Win10 until you move to a newer platform unless there is a compelling reason to switch.

Might be worth looking into a used ADL setup if the price is right? My father was very impressed by the gains moving from a 5960x to a 12600k.

Back