Upgrade from onboard

reaper7534!

Limp Gawd
My board currently has Realtek ALC1200 and would like to know if I will see any appreciable difference going to a dedicated soundcard ? I really only play games and listen to some music encoded in flac. If there is something that woudl be a upgrade for my scenario, which card would you recommend ?

I am guessing you are using headphone or analog output? If you want an internal card, the AIM SC808 is a killer card for $100 on ebay from Japanese sellers. I've not messed with USB/outboard sound cards much.

I am guessing you are using headphone or analog output? If you want an internal card, the AIM SC808 is a killer card for $100 on ebay from Japanese sellers. I've not messed with USB/outboard sound cards much.

I'm using the output for my headphone from a Samson G Track Pro. My old Z170 onboard just couldn't push enough volume, I haven't tried the onboard I have no just yet.

I'm using the output for my headphone from a Samson G Track Pro. My old Z170 onboard just couldn't push enough volume, I haven't tried the onboard I have no just yet.
The SC808 has a pretty powerful output, with my DT990 Pro and HD600s it can pump some serious volume lol. It uses cmedia chip so has the XEAR software.

For headphones, just get decent USB DAC.
For actual >2.0 speakers, get an HDMI receiver.

Forget about any internal cards.

I use a Filo K5 Pro and pair it with a Mica OriGain when I want to use speakers. The OriGain has a preamp out which I then connect my AJ sub with. The K5 Pro is the BEST value in for a DAC of that quality.

Back