Upgrade from Mint 20.1 to 20.2 Uma ???

Mint 20.2 Release Notes

Depends if you find anything important to you in the release notes. If it's working fine the way you have it now and you'd rather not bother then skip it. Mint 20.x will all be supported until 2025 if you just want to leave it alone. Sorry, I'm not a Mint user so I have no dog in that hunt. Sometimes I feel the need to play and update, other times I just like to leave it alone.

Mint 20.2 Release Notes

Depends if you find anything important to you in the release notes. If it's working fine the way you have it now and you'd rather not bother then skip it. Mint 20.x will all be supported until 2025 if you just want to leave it alone. Sorry, I'm not a Mint user so I have no dog in that hunt. Sometimes I feel the need to play and update, other times I just like to leave it alone.

I went ahead and upgraded, after running Timeshift of course. Haven't found any differences so far that matter to me. I've been running Mint for a couple of years now. It's the only distro I've found that does everything I need an OS to do. Everybody raves about Ubuntu, I think it sucks ass but that's just me. To each his own.

I went ahead and upgraded, after running Timeshift of course. Haven't found any differences so far that matter to me. I've been running Mint for a couple of years now. It's the only distro I've found that does everything I need an OS to do. Everybody raves about Ubuntu, I think it sucks ass but that's just me. To each his own.
What exactly does Mint do that Ubuntu doesn't? Crashing more is the only thing that comes to mind.

What exactly does Mint do that Ubuntu doesn't? Crashing more is the only thing that comes to mind.

I've been running Mint Cinnamon for about 3 years now so I don't remember the details but previously I ran Ubuntu. I never could get Ubuntu to fully work as I needed it to. I had numerous issues. After trying several distros I end up with Mint. It isn't perfect by no means but everything works for me. Ubuntu, on the other hand sucks unwashed ass. I absolutely hate the fucking interface and would go back to Windows before I'd use Ubuntu. I also think that Canonical is headed in the same direction as Microsoft. There attitude is fuck privacy and choice, lets slowly enslave the stupid masses.

As for crashes, the only crash I've had is with Mahjongg. If you get down two certain tiles, it will hang. But you can use system monitor to kill it. Other than this it's rock solid for me.

Last edited:
Ha Ha, speak of the devil. This ending will lock up Mahjongg every time.

Screenshot from 2021-07-18 12-49-49.png

I've been running Mint Cinnamon for about 3 years now so I don't remember the details but previously I ran Ubuntu. I never could get Ubuntu to fully work as I needed it to. I had numerous issues. After trying several distros I end up with Mint. It isn't perfect by no means but everything works for me. Ubuntu, on the other hand sucks unwashed ass. I absolutely hate the fucking interface and would go back to Windows before I'd use Ubuntu. I also think that Canonical is headed in the same direction as Microsoft. There attitude is fuck privacy and choice, lets slowly enslave the stupid masses.

As for crashes, the only crash I've had is with Mahjongg. If you get down two certain tiles, it will hang. But you can use system monitor to kill it. Other than this it's rock solid for me.
Ubuntu has 6main choices for interface. Gnome, Mate, KDE, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXDE etc. so I really fail to understand what's your issue with the interface.

Back