Upgrade from Corsair Air 540

Lumpus

Limp Gawd
I'm not doing any system upgrades until next year, but I'm starting to think ahead a bit.

I love my Air 540... but it's starting to show it's age. I know in theory that it has been semi-replaced by the 570X series, but those don't have quite the same air flow and are just a little too tall to fit on my computer desk - I have exactly 18.3" H case clearance. Also my computer room has horrible A/C cooling flow and gets uncomfortably warm in Texas summers.

Cooling>>esthetics>>>>>>>quiet

Ideally, I want an updated Air 540 with USB 3.1/C support, mesh on bottom for fitting 360mm radiator there, replacing the 5.25" bays, and (of course) tempered glass instead of the acrylic side panel. Since Corsair is unlikely to do any of this, I'd have to do some major case-modding... or find something else relatively close in a mid-tower. I really like Corsair cases... but atm only the venerable Air 540 fits where I need it to go.

The older model Lian Li 011 case will fit (just) and clicks most of the feature check marks. The 'new' version checks off more... but is about 2" taller now, and won't fit in my desk :/

Airflow is king. I think I'm running 7 120/140mm fans currently in my 540 (top+ bottom push/pull fans on the radiator) and want to keep doing the same.

/probably no perfect solution here... which is why I'm starting early on this search :/

The 680X looks like a spiritual successor. Lots of the same features and goals.

Edit: nevermind, too tall for your needs!

Back