Updates to phone.

OldBuzzard

Gawd
OK, I'm fairly new to this whole smart phone thing.

I was happy with my old dumb ass phone, and only changed because it died, and I had no choice.

I use Tracfone as I don't really use a cell phone that much anyway, and it's the most economical service for me.

Anyway, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Sky (S320VL) through Tracfone, which I think is based on the Galaxy 8 and came with Android 6.0.1.

In any event, I'm constantly being bombarded by 'updates' for Google, email, etc, etc.

Is this normal?

If what you are speaking of are app updates, which show up as a notification from Google Play, then yes, it is quite normal. In an average week I'll get between 10-20 app updates. You can, of course, disable automatic updates, but I wouldn't recommend it as these are often upgrades to security and stability.

If what you are speaking of are app updates, which show up as a notification from Google Play, then yes, it is quite normal. In an average week I'll get between 10-20 app updates. You can, of course, disable automatic updates, but I wouldn't recommend it as these are often upgrades to security and stability.

I second this motion. Call for adjournment.

You can also just hold in on the notification to block future notifications from the Play Store for app updates or whatever else. The apps will continue to be updated, but you won't get a notification for it anymore. At least I think that feature was in 6.x.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Back