updates released after SP2

nomak

Limp Gawd
Where can one find a download or list of patches that have been released since SP2 ? I am wanting to create a custom install cd with sp2 as well as most up to date patches that have been released since sp2.. thanks...also what is a good program to slipstream these additional patches to my cd....

Papa-Ming said:

thanks for the link.. definately will use that tool.. See I just installed xp other day that has SP2 slipstreamed to it already. But went to windows update and still found 22 critical updates that needed to be added.. just curious what they were (release numbers) so I can download these seperately and add these to my cd as well.. Guess I should have wrote them down...lolol.. thanks again..

You can go to windows update and view the installation history for your os. All you need to get are the KB #'s and put them in the search box to find the downloadable file. :D

Hope this helps you out :cool:

steelhead said:
You can go to windows update and view the installation history for your os. All you need to get are the KB #'s and put them in the search box to find the downloadable file. :D

Hope this helps you out :cool:

Never thought of that.. thanks for the tip.....

Ryan over at MSFN keeps an updated hotfix pack on his site....

RyanVM , hes a pretty good guy. Ive asked him plenty of times for help and hes always been there to lend a hand. Good luck.

I'd deffinately recommend nLite for the integration. Works great and has some awesome features.

For me, I run a virtual machine (with VMWare), install my copy of XP, and just take a look at Windows Update to see what I need to get. Then I just download the hotfixes with http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=xxxxxx, replacing the xxxxxx with the numbers following the KB in Windows update.

PaHick said:
Ryan over at MSFN keeps an updated hotfix pack on his site....

RyanVM , hes a pretty good guy. Ive asked him plenty of times for help and hes always been there to lend a hand. Good luck.

Just completed my SP2+updates slipstream DVD using nLite and Ryan's update packs. Works great. Only using 1.4g of a DVD though, I couldn't think of anything else I need to have on it :p I just have all my important programs and firefox profiles on it. Drivers were intergrated.

Back