Updated tp 13.10 beta 2 and one of my monitors wont turn on anymore..What's going on?

SaViOr-

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys (and gals) having a little issue here. I installed Catalyst 13.10 beta 2 drivers today in hopes of it fixing my fps drop and stuttering issues with Battlefield 4, but when I got the drivers installed one of my monitors won't turn on anymore.

I have 3 monitors that are all the exact same make and model, i used to use them for eyefinity back in the day but now I only game on the center monitor and have chrome and others apps (ts, afterburner, etc) on the other two while I game. The monitor that is connected to the mini display port won't turn on with 13.9 official or 13.10 beta 2s. If i go back to 13.4 all the monitors function properly and as soon as I go to uninstall the catalyst drivers, the monitor will turn back on half way through the uninstall process.

Any ideas as to how to fix this or why it is happening?

i had this issue when updating to 13.6

i had to install drivers with only my displayport monitors turned on. once you finish installing the drivers, reboot into windows, then turn the other monitors on.

hope this helps

So unplug my two monitors that are connected through DVI and install drivers with just the display port monitor connected, correct? Does it make any difference that the DP monitor is connected on a DVI to mDP active adapter or no?

i had this issue when updating to 13.6

i had to install drivers with only my displayport monitors turned on. once you finish installing the drivers, reboot into windows, then turn the other monitors on.

hope this helps

If that works, it might be the monitor detection.

Under CCC -> Desktop management -> creating and arranging desktops, there is a button to force detection.

If that don't work, you can do that manually by turning off the machine, swap the connectors and start it again. They then gets redetected. Afterwards, its just to turn the machine off again and swap them back.

I just unhooked the two monitors that are connected via DVI and only left the monitor that's in the display port hooked up. I reinstalled 13.10v2 and everything went well while the drivers were installing, but as soon as I rebooted my PC that monitor won't turn on again.

There is some kind of an issue with 13.9 and 13.10v2 beta that is causing the video card and computer to not detect the monitor that is plugged into the mini display port spot. Without any drivers installed all 3 monitors function just fine, but as soon as anything newer than 13.5 gets installed the mDP monitor isn't detected at all on the system. Kind of lost as to what to do at this point

I just unhooked the two monitors that are connected via DVI and only left the monitor that's in the display port hooked up. I reinstalled 13.10v2 and everything went well while the drivers were installing, but as soon as I rebooted my PC that monitor won't turn on again.

There is some kind of an issue with 13.9 and 13.10v2 beta that is causing the video card and computer to not detect the monitor that is plugged into the mini display port spot. Without any drivers installed all 3 monitors function just fine, but as soon as anything newer than 13.5 gets installed the mDP monitor isn't detected at all on the system. Kind of lost as to what to do at this point

Try and see if there is some corrupt profile leftovers. You find the profiles here:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE

Move the files inside the Ace folder over to a folder on the desktop, but keep the ACE folder there.

Open CCC change a settings like resolution or something, apply and it should create a new standard settings file for you. Restart and see if it worked.

Tried that and no change. It's really weird because the monitor that's hooked up via mini display port works fine while booting up. I can see the bios screen, windows logo, etc but as soon as it actually gets to the desktop it shuts off.

I've tried both mini DP connections on the card with 3 different active dvi=>mDP adapters on all 3 monitors & the one that won't turn on is always the one that is connected to the mDP port

Okay after about an hour of messing with it I finally got all monitors to turn on and get detected. I had to switch all of my connections around and restart like 30 times lol but it works.

Thanks for everyone's help

Back