Updated 177.35 drivers - GF 8/9 support

A beta version of 177.35 has been on laptopvideo2go since 6/9/08 :D

I finally got my 177.35's working on my p68 last night and started up the gpu2. Major slowdown during some internet browsing and not much in others. Hoping that will be solved when i take the wifes t9300 :D

A beta version of 177.35 has been on laptopvideo2go since 6/9/08 :D

I know there have been versions floating around. My point is NVIDIA now has a driver that has the correct inf - which is a good thing for people like me who don't trust binaries from non-official sources or for those who were having trouble with the inf hack.

I finally got my 177.35's working on my p68 last night and started up the gpu2. Major slowdown during some internet browsing and not much in others. Hoping that will be solved when i take the wifes t9300 :D

had to take my overclock off my lappy because of that...anytime you would try to do something on the laptop, gpu2 would crash

Thanks bassman. I was having some trouble with the win xp version hacked inf files. I look forward to this upgrade as the older drivers that I am currently running really suck.

had to take my overclock off my lappy because of that...anytime you would try to do something on the laptop, gpu2 would crash

I know what you mean. I dont have mine overclocked right now, but its still pretty laggy. I know the display is not fully functional and is widely known to be buggy, but whenever i open it, it takes like 5 minutes to close and i cant do anything in the mean time.

I know what you mean. I dont have mine overclocked right now, but its still pretty laggy. I know the display is not fully functional and is widely known to be buggy, but whenever i open it, it takes like 5 minutes to close and i cant do anything in the mean time.

I can't game, watch movies or do anything like that. There are a few programs I was running which would throw a fit if the GPU client was running. In those cases, it was usually just the GUI of the programs took forever to draw or redraw. The actual functioning of the programs was just fine, though.

My big complaint though, is like you said, i cant watch movies. I tried watching a short vid thats saved to my pc and the audio went great but the vid was stuck at the first frame.

My big complaint though, is like you said, i cant watch movies. I tried watching a short vid thats saved to my pc and the audio went great but the vid was stuck at the first frame.

I started watching movies on my X2 system and 17" monitor instead. It's fine if I'm sitting at the desk but it sucks for anything else.

However, that's in the past since I've got Linux up and running on my main machine again. No GPU folding for me unless I trade my 7600GT for my friend's 8600GT.

Back