Update on my Amazon Payments dispute with beautypc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I received a chargeback notification last night from the transaction I had with beautypc last month here: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=44612&eval=689983&show=to

Very unfortunate how petty this dude is. I'm out a bit over $5 but what is more upsetting to me is that now I feel I'm going to refuse to deal with most people just because this situation shows how petty some people can be. I started dealing here in December 2005. It was why I joined in the first place, and it was awesome back then. And to see how far the whole forum FS/T stuff has gone downhill over the years due to people like this is extremely unfortunate. It has been a fun ride though.

I spoke to DakU7 through heatware and it seems beautypc used the same information when dealing with me and him and presumably everyone else involved, so hopefully Paypal/Amazon will see this and place their priority on contacting local authorities rather than getting a few bucks back from all of us.

Thanks Obama.

Its amazing how this dude can do the same thing over and over and over again and basically get away with it.

He's literally scamming people left and right by using fraudulent chargebacks. I don't know how this can be a "civil" issue when he's practically running an operation out of it. We're not talking one or two chargebacks here. Who knows how many times he's done this to people who aren't posting in a forum either.

Well at least everyone can rest easier at night knowing that this clown probably barely subsists paycheck-to-paycheck due to being a fucking idiot both on and offline.

Has anyone fought the chargeback through Paypal and received a response from them? The morning after he did the chargeback on me I sent information to Paypal that included links to positive feedback left for me, links to this thread and a couple others where he gave people problems, a link to zillow that lists his address as never having been lived in for whatever that might have been worth (didn't bother searching the address at the time of the transaction because, well, duh, but you can bet I'm gonna start doing that from now on). How he changed his last name and email address on the chargeback information from the ones he used to make the purchase from me. I haven't heard back from Paypal yet, and even though my chargeback is arguably an insignificant amount, I'm still going to fight it out of principle. Plus, seeing that this dude used the same contact information in his deal with me with at least one other member here makes me want to see him go down. I know Paypal is all but worthless when it comes to seller support but they can't possibly be that... can't think of a good word.

If anyone wants the names, email and zillow link that I provided to Paypal to help their situation with him just let me know.

Keep on this guy.

Most local police departments assign a detective to deal with online activities and crimes like this. I would call his local PD and file a complaint.

Also, get in touch with his local post office who delivered him the goods as he is now guilty of mail fraud.

Update: After sending buttload of evidence to PayPal, they disputed two chargebacks from this asshat on my behalf.

You guys are possibly getting muscled into paying these chargeback mercenary protection fees for no reason. Cc companies give you 90 days as the total possible processing time for CBs. This isn't because they're lazy it's because they need to allow themselves time to investigate if necessary. You don't have to pay amazon to fight for you if the chargeback is bogus.

Cb isn't valid if the item isn't returned and if they send you back a rock like you guys are sometimes afraid of, you can document that and present that evidence to the cc company. More than likely a lot of these cbs would be thrown out anyway. I've got someone I'm pretty sure is either "special" or trying to scam me threatening a chargeback on an item they are claiming is damaged but they've only shown me photos of the package.

Told them to take the damaged item to the post office and I would refund them when I can verify the merchandise is accounted for and in fact damaged. Then they started threatening CB. I said fine, bring it. Play hard ball. See what happens. Most thieves are cowards.

Update: After sending buttload of evidence to PayPal, they disputed two chargebacks from this asshat on my behalf.

This is essentially the position I'm in right now, as well. Paypal was surprisingly helpful and understanding in this situation which caught me off guard. I didn't deal with any physical items that were sent through the mail, so I don't think I'm in a position to contact authorities myself for mail fraud or whatever, but I made sure the Paypal employees I talked to knew he was doing this to other people and they said they'd look into it, so hopefully they contact somebody of legal authority in his area.

I had given up on Paypal since it was such a small amount and it's been so long, but the chargeback Paypal filed on my behalf went through this morning. I really hope all this shit catches up to this dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back