Update: Microcenter Barebones Bitspower PCs -- Westmont Illinois

All outta stock. Not that it matters, godammit.
1629608675408.png

How much is it supposed to cost?

I haven't built a new computer or looked at prices in 10 years.
Well based on the parts they're using
Asus MB - $330
Lian Li case - $150
Bitspower CPU liquid cooler - $350
Powerspec PSU - $120
So that's $950 for everything not GPU, so for the 3080 version that makes the GPU $950 which if you look at EVGA page is $850, so you're effectively paying $100 to have them "build" all this stuff, but more to the point you're buying all this stuff that may not really be needed or wanted. So a $100 premium to buy a high end MB and CPU cooler that you could definitely go cheaper.

Well based on the parts they're using
Asus MB - $330
Lian Li case - $150
Bitspower CPU liquid cooler - $350
Powerspec PSU - $120
So that's $950 for everything not GPU, so for the 3080 version that makes the GPU $950 which if you look at EVGA page is $850, so you're effectively paying $100 to have them "build" all this stuff, but more to the point you're buying all this stuff that may not really be needed or wanted. So a $100 premium to buy a high end MB and CPU cooler that you could definitely go cheaper.
Plus all the hard lines pre-made. That's not bad, all things considered- drop in CPU, attach lines, fill, done. Oh, and RAM.

the 3080ti bundle is still a good deal (still avail in my area), and I'd jump on it if I were still in the market. This kind of "deal" sits right between buying a card outright or a prebuilt -- which is the best you can hope for atm. You get the shaft no matter what though :(

Plus all the hard lines pre-made. That's not bad, all things considered- drop in CPU, attach lines, fill, done. Oh, and RAM.
Yeah and that's the thing, were you going to really drop for a hard line CPU cooler? Well you will now! I'm not sure of the exact cooler they give (I was basing the price on the one sole CPU cooler by that company) but if it were me and I felt the need to water cool the CPU I'd go with one of numerous AIO coolers that tend to be significantly cheaper.

And the techno-crunch created by relying on our enemies for producing products we need. :dead: If this goes on for a few more years, we should start up our own domestic manufacturing again if we haven't already. We've already given enough money to the greedy unethicals of the world. :mad:

Isn't that what Intel is supposed to solve now?

sadly...its not just tech either.
Yep, I'm actually watching my food labels now. :eek: It won't be long before the MFs will poison us all and then hack all our bank accounts and take everything. Okay, maybe that won't happen, but you can bet the MFs want it to!

Isn't that what Intel is supposed to solve now?
In my experience Intel doesn't give two bits about the fakes and frauds. I actually had bought 10 NICs that came in new intel boxes and looked legit except Intel never made a card like this. I gave them the serial numbers and info on the label as well as the card and the info was a mishmash of valid Intel numbers, but no way valid the way they were combined, and the card wasn't theirs at all. Their suggestion was that I return them and get a refund...and that was it! They didn't want to know where I got them, who the seller was, nothing! I thought they would have been ready to get this info and pass it onto their legal department, but nothing!

This is exactly what the MFs what us to do while they cannibalize all our IP and sell it back to us in fakes and illegal stuff, killing off the original companies--it's the same routine that's been going on for years but now with more intent.

FYI, for anyone looking at these. I think this is a good deal if the case works for you. There are a few things to be aware of:

1. To get hardline cooling for the EVGA cards, you have to vertical mount it. The waterblock doesn't fit other wise. That's another $270 for the GPU block kit and additional ~$100 for vertical mount kit. You'll also lose all PCIe slots
2. The distro plate is nice with one caveat. It uses a pump similar to EKWB's DDC 3.1, but with a custom housing that's half way up, the bottom half of the housing is part of the acrylic of the distro plate. The model is Bitspower Touch Aqua K1M. You cannot drop-in replace the pump with a standard Laing DDC pump. You can probably make it work (force the wire through the bitspower housing? Dremel here and there...
3. The CPU block is a much cheaper Touch Aqua Summit MS version. The fittings are also Touch Aqua and not standard Bitspower. I don't know if they are functionally the same. On the surface Touch Aqua has straight pattern knurling and Bitspower has diamond knurling. Touch Aqua fittings do seem to have double O-Rings.
4. The Radiator is also an Alphacool OEM ( I think) with touch aqua branding vs. the HW Labs OEM version of standard Bitspower. All said, that might be a good thing given the pump being like a EK DDC 3.1 and HW Labs slim radiator being more restrictive than a lot of CPU blocks.
5. To take off the front distro plate, you'll want to take off the front glass panel. To do that, you want to take off the front feet first. Why would you want to do that? If the radiator is Alphacool OEM, you would probably want to rinse it. With the short connection (which is beautifully done) from radiator to distro plate. The easiest way to disconnect the radiator is to remove the front distro
6. Want to comment, from what I have seen, the distro plate seems to be thicker than EK's, so they are probably less prone to cracking (e.g. EK's O11 distro plate seem to have a habit of cracking around the acrylic G1/4 ports)

Last edited:
In my experience Intel doesn't give two bits about the fakes and frauds. I actually had bought 10 NICs that came in new intel boxes and looked legit except Intel never made a card like this. I gave them the serial numbers and info on the label as well as the card and the info was a mishmash of valid Intel numbers, but no way valid the way they were combined, and the card wasn't theirs at all. Their suggestion was that I return them and get a refund...and that was it! They didn't want to know where I got them, who the seller was, nothing! I thought they would have been ready to get this info and pass it onto their legal department, but nothing!

This is exactly what the MFs what us to do while they cannibalize all our IP and sell it back to us in fakes and illegal stuff, killing off the original companies--it's the same routine that's been going on for years but now with more intent.

What's the MF? Never heard of this org stealing IP?

I'd love to see how Disney handles IP theft. I bet they have an army of mercenaries on speed dial. :sneaky:
I meant more so character infringement and the like. Ive heard of people shirts on ebay or etsy that aren't Disney official and they definitely go after them.

I don't get it, $1,900 for a bare bones computer? Couldn't you just build one yourself for much cheaper?

I don't get it, $1,900 for a bare bones computer? Couldn't you just build one yourself for much cheaper?
Read prior. It's a case, GPU, motherboard, etc - all set up with pre-measured hardline water cooling. Add RAM and CPU, connect blocks, done.

Back