Update 5.0 for Hunt Showdown is Out

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Hunt Showdown's 5.0 Update is out, and among other things, it seems to make make the already visually stunning game look even better. The developers have added times of day to the Lawson Delta and Stillwater Bayou Maps, meaning you can now hunt in "Daylight, Nighttime, Golden, and Foggy" conditions. The developers also made a number of performance optimizations, added the Immolator AI, introduced a new pistol, and re-balanced shotguns. You can read the lengthy patch notes on the Steam announcement page.

As we noted yesterday, the developers announced that Hunt: Showdown is coming to the Xbox One "this spring," but as far as I can tell, no-one knows if the game will support crossplay with PC. Some company representatives allegedly gave ambiguous answers to the question on the forums and the official Discord, and one staff member said "We will announce more information in the near future!"

Check out the Time of Day video here.

With 5.0 we are finally able to take another look at how shotguns work in Hunt. We've never really been happy with the RNG gameplay their current implementation caused, spreading the individual shot pellets randomly within the spread cone defined by the crosshair. The changes we have done allow us to do two things: Make sure a certain number of pellets are more likely to hit closer to the center of the crosshair to help normalize damage between shots. And on the other hand, allow us to push shotgun gameplay closer to how real shotguns work. In video games, shotguns are often seen as room sweepers that pepper large areas, while in reality, the choke is actually quite narrow, requiring some aiming to be effective and being lethal at quite impressive distances still. Shotguns in HUNT will feel a bit different now, allowing players to reach out further with them, but also require more precise aiming to score hits. We also tried to make shotguns feel different now, with the Romero and its Handcannon variant having more range and a tighter spread pattern than the other shotguns to give them a meaningful place in the arsenal. Please spend some time playing with shotguns and also play AGAINST shotguns using other weapons to get a feeling for these changes and let us know how you feel about them. We plan on doing additional tweaks based on your feedback over the next weeks!

Can you run multiple "profiles" on this game? I know if I get it my son(s) will want to play it, and it won't run well on their PC's.

Can you run multiple "profiles" on this game? I know if I get it my son(s) will want to play it, and it won't run well on their PC's.

I'm not sure, but you could presumably create a new Steam account, setup family sharing, and just switch logins whenever they want to play.

I'm not sure, but you could presumably create a new Steam account, setup family sharing, and just switch logins whenever they want to play.

Good idea. I've already got that setup so they can get at my steam library from their own rigs.

For $30 it sounds like a nice break from CoD.

Nice. I have always felt shotguns were never handled well in games. Only lost a little health because only one of the pellets hit you in the face at 10 feet away?

Love the continued work they do on this.

For $30 it sounds like a nice break from CoD.

From what I've seen, it is. I try not to hate on CoD too much, but there are tons of modern, competitive FPS games out there (like Hunt Showdown), and it seems like the sheer popularity CoD/Battefield blinds many players to them.

This have is going to be the death of me. I played till 3am last night.

so before this update .. I point blank shot a guy coming off a ladder with the romero to his chest .. he then machete's me and I die .. another match I'm shooting away at a guy .. coming up a ladder again and he steps into the bear trap at top of ladder as well .. he shoots me from acrossed the room with a romero and kills me one shot and I was at full health .. now, this will probably still be the outcome should I run into these scenarios again .. lol

Back