Upcoming Sapphire overclocked 7970 models

Discussion in 'AMD Flavor' started by Lorien, Dec 30, 2011.

1. FragMagnet

FragMagnet [H]ard|Gawd

WOW ! the review 7970's were 925mhz, and they already have models with clocks @1335mhz ! 1387mhz would be a 50% increase over the review models. These cards are going to be fast ! I've seen the pics of the Gigabyte triple fan model as well, hopefully those are ready to go on the 9th ? There is also the possibility that someone in the community will be able to unlock those additional shaders for even more fun........

2. emyrl

emyrl n00b

Wow I'm definitely interested in this now. Probably hold off crossfiring a 6970 and wait till these come out..

3. ddarko

ddarko Limp Gawd

I don't think anyone outside AMD knows what its original design target was but AMD has officially denied there are any disabled cores on the die:

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...dden-cores-in-radeon-hd-7970-(tahiti-xt).aspx

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  4. Lowen

Lowen n00b

Any news on those? Haven't heard a single thing since their announcement.

5. svideo

svideo [H]Lite

I'm anxiously awaiting that FLEX 6G option so I can finally light up HD3D+ Eyefinity...

6. Soyo13

Soyo13 Gawd

*Faps at the numbers*

Maybe, JUST maybe I should hold off overhauling my system just a bit longer for Atomic RX and Ivy bridge. I'm getting IMPATIENT!

7. hammerforged

hammerforged [H]ard|Gawd

What are the thoughts on these 1335 mhz clocks. Is this the real deal and how much more will it cost?

8. inglewood78

inglewood78 [H]ard|Gawd

It honestly sounds too good to be true. Even if some were able to push it that high with aftermarket coolers today, i can't see a vendor pushing it that high b/c of low yields on their side.

9. hammerforged

hammerforged [H]ard|Gawd

Thats what I was thinking as well. Especially to even try to offer a warrenty on that kind of OC. People would be burning them up left and right ha.

10. Lord_Exodia

Lord_Exodia [H]ardness Supreme

When are these 1335mhz 7970 cards coming out? With cards at this clock and Kepler applying pressure and driveing the price down a bit they may be the card to get in the coming month or 2.

I would get 2 of these cards if they are close enough to Kepler but an excellent value.

11. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

Fuck the video cards. I want the crystal ball and whatever you people are smoking that lets you see into the future.

12. Zomoa

Zomoa Limp Gawd

LOL :)