Up to $200 off Sager Game-Laptops with HD-6990M GPUs

that 8150 is nice, and a relatively bare bones configuration with the 6990 upgrade is right at $1,550, which I presume would result in $1,450.

Although 15.6" is awfully big. And wow, Sager really tries to make their money by price gouging the upgrades. Screw that, I'll buy my own faster RAM and provide my own SSD

for a Radeon 6990? No.

For carrying around in a bag every day? Yes.

I cannot say I know anyone who buys a great gaming laptop to lug around everyday. If you want portability get a ultra book or a netbook.

I cannot say I know anyone who buys a great gaming laptop to lug around everyday. If you want portability get a ultra book or a netbook.

Actually, there is a HUGE subset of people who game and are on the road a lot for work. Most of my friends that game have to carry their Work PC and a game PC. 11,13 and 15 inch models are a must for these folks. (Especially though the airports 2-3 times a week)

I am in the market for one too, and im finding a mixed bag out there. A lot of supposed game laptops carry lower end GPUs in all of their form factors. Finding 6990m or 580m graphics in a 15" is hard to do. Most will stick at 540 or less in and put the best stuff in the 17" models that are just a little too big for road-warriors that have to lug other gear with them.

Hell.. i would love to see a 10" tablet with a 6990m or 580m.. (yeah.. i know.. impossible..)

Yeah I know people buy gaming laptops if they are on the road a lot of course. Though if say I had a job requiring me to go to all these places and I needed to bring a laptop to the work place I would still get a more portable one on top of the gaming one.

Yeah I know people buy gaming laptops if they are on the road a lot of course. Though if say I had a job requiring me to go to all these places and I needed to bring a laptop to the work place I would still get a more portable one on top of the gaming one.

I would too.. My company sticks us with these standard HP i5/intel 3000 15" jobs.. Not bad for work, but games are a lost cause.. an 11" companion would be great for on the road or around the house..

I'm hoping for a 13" or so laptop with a decent GPU. There are a few options out there, but none of them have found the right balance of power, portability, price, and battery life that I need. It's a demanding combo, I know.

I bought a 17" Asus G73JH that I haul to work every day. Pussies need to do some pushups.

That said, if I had the cash to pick up one of those 8150s upgraded with a 6990 and a faster processor, I'd be all over it. Sagers are the filet mignon of gaming laptops.

Sagers are nice, my 17" beast is not very portable... but I didn't buy it for that, I wanted power, ability to upgrade and a nice big screen :cool:

Make sure to check Xoticpc to see if they are also matching this deal. I purchased my Sager through them, no tax for me in California, some cheaper upgrade options and warranty was a bit better. Good to deal with as well.

22nm cpus mixed with 28nm gpus next year will probably lead to powerful mobile gaming 13",14" notebooks.

For now this deal looks good for a powerful mobile notebook that can game well.

I carry a 20 inch laptop. I am on the go alot i really dont know what the fuss is all about 13 or 15 they are all portable you guys are anemic or making mountains out of mole hills. We are talking about 2 diagonal inches here most of the time the bigger ones are not even thicker. Also it is more portable to carry 1 laptop of any size then a bunch of random devices and accesories. There are only to ways you carry shit, in a bag or in a pocket might as well have the best biggest device in both places

I carry a 20 inch laptop. I am on the go alot i really dont know what the fuss is all about 13 or 15 they are all portable you guys are anemic or making mountains out of mole hills. We are talking about 2 diagonal inches here most of the time the bigger ones are not even thicker. Also it is more portable to carry 1 laptop of any size then a bunch of random devices and accesories. There are only to ways you carry shit, in a bag or in a pocket might as well have the best biggest device in both places

Whats something like that weigh, by chance?

20 inches? What are you bigfoot lol? I would never carry around something like that lol.

For carrying around in a bag every day? Yes.

Good God man, do some pushups or something. 15" is not big by any means (unless you're a 10 year old girl maybe), nor is it heavy. And anyone who is looking to purchase a laptop that has a 6990 in it has absolutely no excuse to complain about size or weight.

To each his own I guess.

I have a 14" now, and the weight of,my bag with the laptop and other items is heavy on my shoulder when carried for longer periods.

I bought a 17" Asus G73JH that I haul to work every day. Pussies need to do some pushups.

That said, if I had the cash to pick up one of those 8150s upgraded with a 6990 and a faster processor, I'd be all over it. Sagers are the filet mignon of gaming laptops.

LOLright? :p in grad school I carried a Gateway FX 17" everywhere.

Although even really strong people have to watch how much they regularly load their lower backs...

Guess it is all relative..

24lbs of 4mhz goodness right there..

osborne1.jpg

Whats something like that weigh, by chance?

I do not know but newegg listed it as coming it at 15 lbs I do not know if that was shipping weight. It is heavier than any laptop I have ever carried though.

20 inches? What are you bigfoot lol? I would never carry around something like that lol.

I am slightly shorter and lighter than the average male in the USA.

I am not advocating everyone go out and buy the largest laptop you can find but I see alot of people overlook a fundamental problem in their search for the thinner lighter device. They are always buying more than one device to get the job done because they sacrifice so much to drop 2 inches or 8 ounces. I go to the airport now and I look at these people running around with laptops, but they gotta have the iPad too, and you need to have the $100 keyboard for the ipad and the charger and a cool leather case oh wait now my ipad is bulkier and bigger than a netbook with all this crap I bought for it. But I bought it because it was small. I can tell you that they should have just bought one extra battery and invested in a better laptop and and stuck with the phone. They might even have a PSP or 3DS, an MP3 player, I even sat next to a lady 2 weeks ago on the plan that had 2 phones?

I bought this laptop and have been happy with it for a long time. It is large enough I can use it for anything and love it so much that even though the hardware is aging I am holding onto it because I cannot find anything this nice to replace it with, I do not need a cooler under it because it has ample space. I do not need any other device besides my phone which is always in my pocket. It even contains a media center remote so you can watch movies or do presentations which means I Also do not need to buy a presenter.

You know I think it is odd and silly but I imagined by this point in time everyone would almost only carry 1 laptop around and it seems like it is the opposite people are cramming more devices into their life rather than less.

I too will be happy when they can put astonishing gaming power into very small packages probably phones, but we aren't there yet and I see alot of people who IMO miscalculate the value of weight as opposed to ability then end up luggin more stuff around because of it.

fyi all you diesel laptop carrying d00ds, do shrugs, back, core and leg exercises to carry loads on your shoulder, not push ups...

I have a Sager 8150 with a 2760QM 6990m with a bluray drive and a 120gb Force GT SSD that I carry with me to work and class. I am a Aviation Mechanic in engineering school and it fits my needs nicely. It feels like 9 to 10 pounds with a mouse and power brick in a laptop bag. You guys aren't saying that 10 lbs is too much to carry right? :confused:

BTW when you pick my configuration in the setup it is still $2,000 after the discount which is not just peanuts. :eek:

Back