Unusual SFF socket 478 mobo (no psu used + low profile)

SOme of the links for the IMO Desk which this motherboard most likely came from, are for what seems to be a newer version of the board we are using... Not all the ports/features are exactly the same, so this leads me to believe that we bought a motherboard from a "prototype" before the current release of the IMO Desk.

Anyhow here's an image from a review of the new unit that shows the heatpipe that is used on it...

cpucooler-s.jpg

As you can also see, the holes are different, but the concept is what this shows...

darkunderlord said:
SOme of the links for the IMO Desk which this motherboard most likely came from, are for what seems to be a newer version of the board we are using... Not all the ports/features are exactly the same, so this leads me to believe that we bought a motherboard from a "prototype" before the current release of the IMO Desk....
Partly right, there were actually two similar chipsets i mentioned about 100 pages back (can't remember them off the top of my head).

Whether these chipsets were "similar" or "minor revisions" i'm not sure.

Holy cow. I got FULL specs for my LCD after ALOT of searching. It's an IDTech lcd from a Clevo/Sager/Prostar/Alienware laptop UXGA and have FULL pinouts, etc. All I need are some kind of poinouts for this motherboard and I should be in business... Can anyone lend a hand?

OK I have another question lol.

For any of you guys that has this board up and running, I want to know a little more about the VGA output.

Could someone download and install a program called powerstrip? This should tell you everything I'm asking for here...

Video%20settings%20for%20PSOne%20LCD.png

this is a screen shot of the properties page of powerstrip. you'll notice that the unsupported features are greyed out (sync on green)

Can someone find out if the VGA out has C-Sync? Can it do interlaced? Can you change the pixel clock to 15hz? (your monitor will not support these features more than likely...)

I want to hack a PSone LCD screen to work with this board...

Thanks for any info!

Dude,

I just installed the newest version of Powerstrip and there's lots of information, etc. I cannot find the advanced Timing section or anything on the composite, perhaps you can tell me where to look in the app?

darkunderlord said:
Holy cow. I got FULL specs for my LCD after ALOT of searching. It's an IDTech lcd from a Clevo/Sager/Prostar/Alienware laptop UXGA and have FULL pinouts, etc. All I need are some kind of poinouts for this motherboard and I should be in business... Can anyone lend a hand?
Dark lemme get this straight, are you saying you have what appears to be the correct lcd panel for this mobo/controller we all have?

Sorry wish I could. This is the LCD from my laptop that died, which I'm trying to reuse parts from for this motherboard. I was just happy I found the specs for the LCD from my dead laptop, as it took a little "hacking" and manipulation of the URLs for the manuals. ;)

On that same note,
I've been emailing with Chaintech's America division and they will only keep telling me to RMA the IMO-Desk that I told them I have. I cannot get any information from them at all. There MUST be a way to find the LCD specs for that LCD, then I hope to retro fit a cable for my LCD..

Anyone know how to get the pinouts for the LCD/Controller ports? Can a voltage meter be used? Or some other tools?

Well, I finally got through after a couple attempts with Chaintech's USA support and was referenced to a technician internally. He's never heard of this board, but seems willing to help me. He asked me to take a picture of the board and the LCD items on it and he'd forward it to Headquarters to see if they are willing to provide any kind of info on the LCD and/or pinouts..... I'll keep ya posted...

FINALLY someone got somewhere with chaintech LOL

tell that guy to sell me a heatsink too :D

Yeah, I'll keep you posted, but you can just strap an old pentium 1 or 3 heatsink to it with thermal paste and zip tie that bad boy tight. :)

wow finally got a heatsink on this thing and got mine working LOL ... it's been so long.

I like this thing a lot. I can't wait to get it in my car with my 5" LCD screen ;)

1 Question: Can you disable the *BEEP* when you boot up? I have the headphone jack going to RCA's to some speakers ... that is an awful noise on boot up lol. I have "Quiet POST" enabled in the BIOS, but it still beeps. not sure what that option is supposed to do...

i'll look into a BIOS update or something, thanks for any suggestions

MATTRESS said:
wow finally got a heatsink on this thing and got mine working LOL ... it's been so long.

I like this thing a lot. I can't wait to get it in my car with my 5" LCD screen ;)

1 Question: Can you disable the *BEEP* when you boot up? I have the headphone jack going to RCA's to some speakers ... that is an awful noise on boot up lol. I have "Quiet POST" enabled in the BIOS, but it still beeps. not sure what that option is supposed to do...

i'll look into a BIOS update or something, thanks for any suggestions

Good question, but I've never tried that before. I would think it should be possible. I thought the beep usually went through the PC speaker, etc, and not the audio out, but I could be wrong...

ok yet another question ... i got an svideo to composite adapter ... and the TV output from this board is black and white... i tried on my desktop computer (radeon 9800 pro) and it's color... any ideas?

i tried it on another TV and it's still black and white...

you guys having any trouble like this?

Well, I took a voltmeter to the LCD and Inverter ports and am currently trying to figure out how to match them up with an LCD I have. Only potential problem is that the motherboard expects an XGA LCD and mine is UXGA. UXGA is of course better, but does anyone know if I"ll have a problem making it work with a XGA board?

Back