Unstable 3.3v - How do i fix?

Mojo_69

n00b
For some time my 3.3v rail has been unstable, it all started with my old VapoChill but to get to the point my 3.3v is idle at 3.12-3.14 and when stressed it goes to 3.02, and recently in some cases 2.98 and lower which makes my pc restart! It's a Levicom 500W PSU that has no other problems than this, so either i fix it or buy a new one..

I need to know if there is any way i can mod the 3.3v line to give more juice or what..

seriously... if i were you, id get another psu. i wouldnt depend on a cheap psu if my rig depended on it.

correct me if im wrong but ive never heard of levicom and it could be that this psu is server class stable

Mojo_69 said:
For some time my 3.3v rail has been unstable, it all started with my old VapoChill but to get to the point my 3.3v is idle at 3.12-3.14 and when stressed it goes to 3.02, and recently in some cases 2.98 and lower which makes my pc restart! It's a Levicom 500W PSU that has no other problems than this, so either i fix it or buy a new one..

I need to know if there is any way i can mod the 3.3v line to give more juice or what..

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=765175

Point taken..

Been checking reviews on the Chill Innovation CP-510A and it's got a good rep! It's a danish designed PSU and i only think it's sold here.. The choice is between it and a Antec 480..I used to run dual PSU with the Levicom and an Antec 480 until suddenly the Antec PSU caught on fire (Had to scrape plastic off the bottom of my case.. lol), didn't take anything with it to the grave but i got a little trust problem after that..

My guts tell me to go buy a Chill Innovation CP-510A 510W.. Can someone give me the ok to do this? =)

My budget is zero! After reading countless reviews of the Chill Innovation CP-510A i decided on ordering it, so i should have it tomorrow.. Was also very cheap 125$ USD.. I'll just have to live on water and bread for the rest of the month :p

My current PSU http://web1.florenz070.server4you.de/index.php?id=67&L=1
And now that i come to think of it i've never heard of Levicom either, except from me having one.. lol.. Don't even remember where i got it from, doesn't sound like the quality i always do with either!

It's been jumping from 3.09 to 2.94 and the other rails are also totally fubar! Can't play my precious WoW :(

New PSU coming tomorrow thank god..

Mojo_69 said:
It's been jumping from 3.09 to 2.94 and the other rails are also totally fubar! Can't play my precious WoW :(

New PSU coming tomorrow thank god..

Be sure to do something cool to kill the old one :D

I could hit myself for even owning an Aspire PSU! Complete junk is what they are, and that's what my system has been running with for the last 8 months or so :eek:

How such a thing has slipped me by is a riddle to me..

I'm holding an AMD cook out party this weekend where some Intel !!!!!! friends of mine take AMD CPU's and other hardware that has a death sentance and put them to death by various innovative ways =) Rockcrusher, impact by car, LN2 and a hammer.. A perfect time to put it to sleep :D

Back