Unreal Tournament 4/2015

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness
14092081045_798286e848.jpg

https://twitter.com/MarkRein/status/462345081555804161

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Don't screw this up Epic, no consolized garbage like last time!

I don't have a ton of faith in Epic, but I have to admit I'm cautiously excited. :p

Didn't they say like a month ago that they had nothing Unreal related in development? You'd think they would have done the old "we don't have anything to say about it at this time" instead of being so definitive.

Either way, hopefully it's fast paced. Oh and hopefully it's actually a new game and not a Quake-Live copy.

more like 2004 please god epic.

and use some fucking color, not that everything is gritty as fuck ala ut3 bullshit.

While the addition of vehicles to 2k4 was nice, I rather enjoyed UT2k3 a hell of a lot more. Still got a couple gigs of custom levels in a rar file around here somewhere, good times.

Some would swear up and down you couldn't get levels from playing on other peoples severs, but I just copied the cache files, renamed em, and viola, a massive personal collection of levels.

2k3 was so much fun that we had a few LAN parties back in 2011/2012 around it. Good times, even 8 years later. :-D

After UT3, I'm not hyped though. Steam sale for sure on this one unless it just blows everyone's socks off.

Epic changed their minds. most likkly because people keep asking and they do not have to work on gears of war anymore they want to show off unreal engine 4. unreal is the game series they use to do that.

Also 99% of everything they have worked on at epic in the last few years not used or shown can be converted to unreal tournament content.

UT has always been made with left over content.

the tech demos content of unreal engine 3 became gears of war and ut3 content ut3 content that was not used was put in gears of war. the maps of unreal have no theme they stick too.

Notice it says unrealdev for UDK. this is to show off the engine and get people to make mods.

http://youtu.be/gKDvqLNk7CQ

Last edited:
I'm definitely ready for a new UT. It'd probably be the only MP shooter I'd play if it's worth it.

Yes.. UT!!!!

If only there was a Quake 3 Arena remake.. with Rocket Arena mod... anyone remember that?

Yes.. UT!!!!

If only there was a Quake 3 Arena remake.. with Rocket Arena mod... anyone remember that?

Yeah, was good but I preferred UT99 to Q3. Both were fun but I always gravitated for UT99.
Couldn't get into the later UT games nearly a half as much as 99. They were cool but they didn't hold me in.

well heey now.. this was worth waking up to! I fucking love every Unreal/UT game there is. Even UT3 is fucking awesome :D One thing I am amazed of is the complete fuck up of hosting a multiplayer server part. I can get it to work with stunserver and a ClearOS router build though....even then it's a lottery

I would remain cautiously optimistic; for all we know this might be nothing more than an adaptation à la Quake Live. Not that it would be a bad thing in itself mind you.

If this is true, I hope they don't fuck it up like they did UT3. Give me UT2003/4 with mod support, updated graphics and gameplay, new weapons and aliens, new kill moves and such, and I will be a happy camper.

as long as its PC oriented ill be happy. UT3 could have been a good game, but it was just too consoley.....
slider menus, bugger all crosshairs, OP rox, cruddy (lolut99) movement. gimme boost dodging with 2k4s weapon switch + armour system :)

If they just remade ut2k4 id be happy tbh (over 1000 hours on ut2k4 in my xfire profile....)

It's been a long enough, a simple remake of UT2004 on the Unreal Engine 4 would probably be enough to get me to buy. Don't know why, but I never really found favor with UT3.

Oh, and one more favor (even if it is a longshot)

PC EXCLUSIVE PLEASE!!!! :)

The only way it's a PC exclusive is if it's a Facebook game. Where you can pay $0.10 to respawn faster, and keep the weapons you had when you died,
And no in-game ammo pickups - you'll have to plant and harvest your ammo seeds to make sure you have enough bullets.
You want a vehicle? You better believe that's a micro-transaction.

UT4 was actually pretty good after they fixed it. It was kind of too late by the time they did. Everyone had already moved on. I hope they remember their errors and don't flub the PC version launch again.

There are things I liked about UT3, but it's pace felt like it's a little slower when compared to UT2004

Anyway I hope they get it right this time.

I want a new UT and a remake of the old Hall of Giants map....

We used to play that at my old tech job against the guys from another tech shop down the road.

Good times....

I hope it will have players this time. If yes, than it will be very good to play ut again.

If its on any other console besides PC its going to be fail....I highly doubt its a PC exclusive w/epic making all their money on consoles..hoping they go back to the roots of UT 99 make it more arena style and less battlefield-ish like the latter games..

If its on any other console besides PC its going to be fail....I highly doubt its a PC exclusive w/epic making all their money on consoles..hoping they go back to the roots of UT 99 make it more arena style and less battlefield-ish like the latter games..

lol@PC = console

I agree. We need a true UT99 successor and not some mediocre attempt at "re-creating" the franchise. One of my biggest grips I've always had with Epic as a company is their attempt to always re-create the wheel, even with sequels.

However, I have my doubts they will stay with a PC only release. The FPS scene is still slowly coming back on PC's compared to other genres. Unless you want to go with a F2P model, which many are trying to do, in an effort to kick start PC FPS's again.

ut99 remake plz

this, im a fan of the fast paced arena fps and ut99 did it best
i loved tdm, ctf, and my favorite mode assault.

i never cared for the vehicles or warfare mode

im very excited non the less but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

I remember having both Q3 and UT99 and I played a shit ton more of UT99 much better game, I loved the flak cannon. I never played UT2k3 or whatever I guess I missed nothing.

Please don't be UT99/UT3 - terribly slow, completely unbalanced, and with shit maps only.

I'll be perfectly fine if they just recreate UT2003/4. That's when they finally managed to make a game that was almost as good as Quake.

UT99 was terribly slow...Lol It was prob the most fast paced/enjoyable arena shooter ever. I also had both Q3 and UT99 & liked UT much better. The maps had way more variety as well as the guns. Still miss the fun had on the building map! Lets hope epic makes this PC first then later ports it to console.

What was so bad about UT3?

i actually enjoyed the game.
but from what i understand is that most people didnt like it because of a few reasons

the most common and ridiculous, in my opinion, is that most people simply couldn't run the game. yup, people actually complained the graphics were too good.
it felt like just a tech showcase
felt like a console game
was slower paced
a lot of people hated the walker vehicle
the game was buggy
and lack of support for the game

as i said i enjoyed it and would still be playing but the only game mode played now is warfare
tdm and ctf are only populated with bots.

UT99 was terribly slow...Lol It was prob the most fast paced/enjoyable arena shooter ever. I also had both Q3 and UT99 & liked UT much better. The maps had way more variety as well as the guns. Still miss the fun had on the building map! Lets hope epic makes this PC first then later ports it to console.

The movement is comparatively awful and boring in UT99 compared to 2004 and Quake games.

Honestly the worst part about the game.

What was so bad about UT3?

Boring graphics sounds and music and levels. I remember thinking even the NPC swaering was boring / unconvincing. Lack of that proper cyberpunk style. Lack of a sense of speed and excitement and obscurity. Even though it had advanced graphics, it didn't take advantage of it the right way. Remember facing worlds, lava giant and that compression chamber in UT99? UT should be fast, crazy, violent and even bizarre, well, FUN... There was nothing FUN about UT3 even if the gameplay was largely the same.

Boring graphics sounds and music and levels. I remember thinking even the NPC swaering was boring / unconvincing. Lack of that proper cyberpunk style. Lack of a sense of speed and excitement and obscurity. Even though it had advanced graphics, it didn't take advantage of it the right way. Remember facing worlds, lava giant and that compression chamber in UT99? UT should be fast, crazy, violent and even bizarre, well, FUN... There was nothing FUN about UT3 even if the gameplay was largely the same.

Yep, all valid points. There is a reason I find myself only playing UT99 and 04, even though I have UT3 installed.

The UI and server browser were also garbage in comparison to the previous games.

The art direction, which was greatly influenced by Gears of War, simply did not sit well in the UT universe particularly because the weird body shapes did not properly match the hit boxes and it made it really difficult to be able to identify other players thanks to a color palette comprising mostly shit brown and grey.

I also remember the levels being over designed with horrible static meshes everywhere which of course you always got stuck on in the heat of a fire fight.

It didn't help that Epic successfully pissed off a large section of the PC UT community during the open beta by shutting down all constructive criticisms on its forums.

The UI and server browser were also garbage in comparison to the previous games.

The art direction, which was greatly influenced by Gears of War, simply did not sit well in the UT universe particularly because the weird body shapes did not properly match the hit boxes and it made it really difficult to be able to identify other players thanks to a color palette comprising mostly shit brown and grey.

I also remember the levels being over designed with horrible static meshes everywhere which of course you always got stuck on in the heat of a fire fight.

It didn't help that Epic successfully pissed off a large section of the PC UT community during the open beta by shutting down all constructive criticisms on its forums.

It got better after patches and some of the newer maps were good. But the initial release was short on content and the UI, lack of graphic options and horrible server browser was very awkward.

I hope it will be more like 2004.

Back