Unreal Tournament 4/2015

Movement needs tweaked, speed a hair, looks good just very alpha. Its gotta have speed and quick movement or its UT3 all over again.

Why not a game mode that boosts the overall speed? I would think that might be popular.

If it's anything like any other Unreal based game then you can easily change the game speed by adjusting the INI. The value is GameSpeed=1.000000. For years I've always played UT at 1.55 game speed which is 155% faster than normal.

flack19Stealth.jpg

flack20.jpg

Looks really good. My only question is, would the shell actually fit in the clip? :D

I'm glad to see the flak shells still have a smiley face on them.

The last thing you see is :)

Very pretty but I hope they rough it up a bit to make it look like something used and not put away in a case never to be touched.

I don't know why you'd want all worn and scuffed, UT at it's best was kinda bright and shinny.

Now show me my shock rifle!

I tried to play the game just now on my laptop, but it was a no go. My laptop just isn't up to speed with what is required to play the game. Do note that my laptop is a business class laptop from ~2005 or so. So not exactly a gaming rig anyway.

With that being said, I did setup a dedicated server for the game this AM and while the game wasn't playable on my laptop, I could open the game and join the server without any issues.

192.111.155.210 if anyone wants to give it a go.

I like the clean more than the grungy, or about 50/50:

yjybMN6.jpg

I really hope they go the cleaner route and not turdify everything.

It's community driven. Sign up at their forums and speak your opinion.

I like the clean more than the grungy, or about 50/50:

yjybMN6.jpg

I really hope they go the cleaner route and not turdify everything.

Well, what I can say is the artist is listening to you, and your opinion matters.

The intention is that the game is going to be highly moddable, so in all likelihood people are going to be able to apply whatever skins they want to weapon and character models.

Well all the UT's have been highly moddable. Haha, but I get what you're saying. This one is being developed with heavy influence from the community. So join their forums and become part of the voice.

KazeoHin, love your grungified version.....the attention to detail is stunning. Is it your expectation that this level of detail will be reproduced in-game with the same fidelity?

KazeoHin, love your grungified version.....the attention to detail is stunning. Is it your expectation that this level of detail will be reproduced in-game with the same fidelity?

It's definitely possible, but the Epic devs will make their final changes to whatever we put up, wether they reduce texture resolution, increase it, change proportions whatnot. I plan on making every one of my pieces of art maintain 1-1 pixel detail and quality up to 4k. Wether Epic chooses to ship the art with that fidelity is up to them. I plan on making the argument to have everything hold up to this fidelity: if you guys want to voice your opinion to encourage this: sign up to the Epic Games forums. You'll have one contributor behind you: it's one advantage to having a hardware enthusiast as an artist.

So no maps?

I really need to get a better/newer laptop that can play the Alpha build of the game. I'm missing out. :(

Something I've really wanted to do is make assets for an environment. I really want to make an environment resembling the Neo Ark from Parasite Eve II, I've never seen another game do something like this, and I think UE4 would make an environment like that sing. Not to mention, the glass panelling could force simplistic geometric angles so that the detail does not get in the way of the gameplay.

Never played Parasite Eve II so I have no idea what kind of environment Neo Ark is.

IMHO, way to much going on in those screen shots.

Ha! 1990's pre-renders the idea is a sci-fi zoo. Maybe an alien animal sanctuary?

Or an abandoned regular "Earth" zoo on some distant planet the Liandri Corporation was once mining before Deathmatch became it's most profitable organization.

all I hope for is that whatever happens with artwork, the game is kept colorful.

please god no muted color grunge bullshit where everything has the texture of oily sandpaper ala UT3

Back