Unreal Tournament 4/2015

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, May 2, 2014.

1. Ritorix

Ritorix [H]ard|Gawd

• We’ll eventually create a marketplace where developers, modders, artists and gamers can give away, buy and sell mods and content. Earnings from the marketplace will be split between the mod/content developer, and Epic. That’s how we plan to pay for the game.

2. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

GOD'SlittleSERVANT [H]ardness Supreme

Tried playing Unreal 3... nothing but bots in servers...

3. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

:D Hear Hear!

4. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

There has been absolutely no mention of microtransactions. None. Don't spread false information.

5. xnikx

xnikx [H]ard|Gawd

[​IMG]

6. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Hey man, if it turns out being awesome, I'll be right there with you fragging bitches. Just a number of factors, including Epic's track record, the history of "free/F2P" games, and my gut instinct are telling me that there has to be catch somewhere, or they're going to try this model and it will fail because no one wants to pay for user-created mods.

I'm a HUGE UT fan so I'd love to see this succeed. I just don't have ultimate faith in Epic to make that happen at this point.

7. Krenum

LOL :D

8. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

Please let this be a franchise reboot with strong inspiration from the original Unreal Tournament and not some browser/mobile game.

9. dgz

dgz [H]ardness Supreme

What the fuck are you talking about? "Finding content", "storyline"... wow. This is a MP only FPS ffs.

Talk about completely missing the point of MULTIPLAYER games. Both of you.

That whole idea turned TF2 into a bs fest, like it wasn't before that. But while it didn't destroy TF2, this is UT. The difference is UT is supposed to be a competitive game.

10. Benzino

Benzino [H]ard|Gawd

I want this. Badly. :D

11. wonderfield

wonderfield [H]ardness Supreme

Considering the only announced platforms are Windows, OS X and Linux, I don't see how it could be a mobile game.

12. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Laptops...

13. Krenum

Judging by this comment you so eloquently left for me. I am not sure if you have played any of the Unreal Tournament games. You do know that every single Unreal Tournament game for the PC has had a Single player campaign right? If you don't, now you do :)

14. wonderfield

Being obtuse is fun, I know.

15. dgz

dgz [H]ardness Supreme

Oh my, you're one of those crazies that insisted UT had better single playet than Quake 3...

[​IMG]

16. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

You'd have a little more fun, if you weren't so busy being acute all the time... :rolleyes:

17. Pringle

Pringle 2[H]4U

You damn triangles need to shut the hell up

18. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Nice! Coming from a hexagon. All of your angles are obtuse. :D

19. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

I actually didn't read the announcement until a little while ago. Been on a vacation and just got back. Not sure I am digging the approach they are taking, but we shall see.

What has my hopes up is a development team is in the process of taking the game and making it more UT99 like. So we shall see.

20. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

As long as the right people are doing the right tasks, I don't see why there would be any major issues with how they've chosen to do this. Keep the engine guys from Epic on that stuff, let the more skilled community people design maps (some of my favorite maps in the older ones were community-made,) and let the other potential engine devs out there fill in the gaps. If I were them, I'd have used an existing platform like Steam to release it though. I have a hard time wanting to use other services since everything I have is already in one place. Otherwise, it sounds like it could work.

21. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

Unreal Tournament does not have a "single player campaign" as you like to call it. They have a single player tournament mode. That is hardly a story. Unreal and Unreal II are the single player campaign games, the Tournament games are just that. Multiplayer tournaments.

22. Krenum

Your words not mine.

Yep, like it or not UT had a single player campaign. You should probably wash that Battlefield out of your eyes and read these if you're not familiar with them:
    http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/UT_Single_Player

Single Player for UT2004
    http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/UT2004_Single_Player

Also , Shacknews likes to called it a "Single Player Campaign" too. They must be wrong as well.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/49784/unreal-tournament-3-single-player

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  23. hfk

hfk Gawd

The word campaign doesn't exclusively encompass single player experiences with storybased progression.

24. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

Yeah, like I said. It's hardly a story. Just a tournament ladder. Unreal and Unreal II are stories.

Granted there are single player mods for UT such as Operation Na Pali and Monster Hunt is like mini single player maps, but those are community created mods.

25. Krenum

Hardly a story but a story none the less. Have you even played them?

26. wonderfield

The story is that it's a corporate-sponsored tournament.

27. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

That is only because there is no other way to word it really. It's a single player, multiplayer game.

As quoted from Shacknews. "Each mission is basically a multiplayer game, with AI-controlled bots serving as the opposing team members as well as any friendly slots not occupied by human players."

The single player "campaign" in the Tournament games are just multiplayer games played with AI.

28. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

lol... yes I have played them. I'm more involved with the UT community than anyone on this site. I can promise you that.

29. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

Exactly.

The SP in UT, UT2k4 and UT3 are lame. They're just practice modes for online play really. Unreal and Unreal II are the real campaigns.

30. drako

drako 2[H]4U

Yeah, it had a bot-match ladder with a thin pretense of a story, but you're arguing a pretty weak position here. The UT2k4 mothership assault map had more of a story than the three campaigns. I seriously doubt Epic wastes any significant time with lore for this game.

31. stiltner

stiltner [H]ardForum Junkie

And I hopefully have a reason to upgrade my aging i7 finally.

This makes me happy, it cannot suck, it shall not suck, I demand it to no sucky.

32. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

They are funding this model by skimming off the profit of transactions for community content. I don't know what that constitutes in your mind, but for me that is a microtransaction model. So I will keep spreading whatever I want, you can keep ranting at everyone about whether UT should have an SP campaign. ;)

33. Krenum

Well after the UT3 abomination it can only go up! :cool:

34. dgz

dgz [H]ardness Supreme

Hey guys. Fragging clueless bots on regular maps is totally a single player experience! What makes it even better is the fact Epic tells you WHY you're fragging them. This is so cool, I am going to kill myself.

I am pretty sure most people played UT that way. Scared little fuckers.

35. Krenum

Godlike Tamerlane says hi ;)

36. dgz

dgz [H]ardness Supreme

I really hope you're being sarcastic. I like you but this thread makes me want to reconsider your status in my heart.

37. hfk

hfk Gawd

Oh you have some kind of mental problem. Ofcourse there can be a single player campaign just like the original game had one. It's easy to make and fits the game nicely, even if multiplayer part (obviously) is the meat of the game. Take your meds now?

38. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

Mean while, Loque is laughing at you.

39. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/unrea...lunreal-tournament-music-composers-to-return/

They just keep making me say it, FUCK YEAH!

Time to post your favorite UT level soundtracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSAgEhyUrjE

40. WarriorX

WarriorX [H]ard|Gawd

Last edited: May 11, 2014