Unreal Tournament 4/2015

Whatever guys,

The true fans will play and enjoy/make this game. All you wannabes or hasbeens can stick with your casual friendly COD / BF garbage. You wouldn't last a second in the Arena with any of us Unreal Tournament / Quake guys anyways.

:D Hear Hear!

Whatever guys,

The true fans will play and enjoy/make this game. All you wannabes or hasbeens can stick with your casual friendly COD / BF garbage. You wouldn't last a second in the Arena with any of us Unreal Tournament / Quake guys anyways.

0jTf3S1.png

Whatever guys,

Hey man, if it turns out being awesome, I'll be right there with you fragging bitches. Just a number of factors, including Epic's track record, the history of "free/F2P" games, and my gut instinct are telling me that there has to be catch somewhere, or they're going to try this model and it will fail because no one wants to pay for user-created mods.

I'm a HUGE UT fan so I'd love to see this succeed. I just don't have ultimate faith in Epic to make that happen at this point.

Please let this be a franchise reboot with strong inspiration from the original Unreal Tournament and not some browser/mobile game.

How I look at that is, say I was going to spend 60 dollars on the base game. Getting it for free allows me to spend that 60 dollars on mods that I want (or even creating my own), making my own custom game. I am sure that there will be a TON of mods out for the game. People still make mods for UT99. Finding content will not be a problem.

The only thing I really wish, is that they don't make a far fetched storyline. Just stick with the basics. Liandri Corporation Tournament.

What the fuck are you talking about? "Finding content", "storyline"... wow. This is a MP only FPS ffs.

A f2p sound are real good idea. I like the system of buying stuff and this is maybe going to bring a lot of players.

Talk about completely missing the point of MULTIPLAYER games. Both of you.

That whole idea turned TF2 into a bs fest, like it wasn't before that. But while it didn't destroy TF2, this is UT. The difference is UT is supposed to be a competitive game.

Please let this be a franchise reboot with strong inspiration from the original Unreal Tournament and not some browser/mobile game.
Considering the only announced platforms are Windows, OS X and Linux, I don't see how it could be a mobile game.

What the fuck are you talking about? "Finding content", "storyline"... wow. This is a MP only FPS ffs.

Judging by this comment you so eloquently left for me. I am not sure if you have played any of the Unreal Tournament games. You do know that every single Unreal Tournament game for the PC has had a Single player campaign right? If you don't, now you do :)

Judging by this comment you so eloquently left for me. I am not sure if you have played any of the Unreal Tournament games. You do know that every single Unreal Tournament game for the PC has had a Single player campaign right? If you don't, now you do :)

Oh my, you're one of those crazies that insisted UT had better single playet than Quake 3...

ha-ha-nelson-haha-nelson.jpg

Nice! Coming from a hexagon. All of your angles are obtuse. :D

Considering the only announced platforms are Windows, OS X and Linux, I don't see how it could be a mobile game.

I actually didn't read the announcement until a little while ago. Been on a vacation and just got back. Not sure I am digging the approach they are taking, but we shall see.

What has my hopes up is a development team is in the process of taking the game and making it more UT99 like. So we shall see.

As long as the right people are doing the right tasks, I don't see why there would be any major issues with how they've chosen to do this. Keep the engine guys from Epic on that stuff, let the more skilled community people design maps (some of my favorite maps in the older ones were community-made,) and let the other potential engine devs out there fill in the gaps. If I were them, I'd have used an existing platform like Steam to release it though. I have a hard time wanting to use other services since everything I have is already in one place. Otherwise, it sounds like it could work.

Unreal Tournament does not have a "single player campaign" as you like to call it. They have a single player tournament mode. That is hardly a story. Unreal and Unreal II are the single player campaign games, the Tournament games are just that. Multiplayer tournaments.

Oh my, you're one of those crazies that insisted UT had better single playet than Quake 3...

Your words not mine.

Unreal Tournament does not have a "single player campaign" as you like to call it. They have a single player tournament mode. That is hardly a story. Unreal and Unreal II are the single player campaign games, the Tournament games are just that. Multiplayer tournaments.

Yep, like it or not UT had a single player campaign. You should probably wash that Battlefield out of your eyes and read these if you're not familiar with them:
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/UT_Single_Player

Single Player for UT2004
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/UT2004_Single_Player

Also , Shacknews likes to called it a "Single Player Campaign" too. They must be wrong as well.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/49784/unreal-tournament-3-single-player

Last edited:

The word campaign doesn't exclusively encompass single player experiences with storybased progression.

Yeah, like I said. It's hardly a story. Just a tournament ladder. Unreal and Unreal II are stories.

Granted there are single player mods for UT such as Operation Na Pali and Monster Hunt is like mini single player maps, but those are community created mods.

That is only because there is no other way to word it really. It's a single player, multiplayer game.

As quoted from Shacknews. "Each mission is basically a multiplayer game, with AI-controlled bots serving as the opposing team members as well as any friendly slots not occupied by human players."

The single player "campaign" in the Tournament games are just multiplayer games played with AI.

Hardly a story but a story none the less. Have you even played them?

lol... yes I have played them. I'm more involved with the UT community than anyone on this site. I can promise you that.

The story is that it's a corporate-sponsored tournament.

Exactly.

The SP in UT, UT2k4 and UT3 are lame. They're just practice modes for online play really. Unreal and Unreal II are the real campaigns.

Yep, like it or not UT had a single player campaign.
Yeah, it had a bot-match ladder with a thin pretense of a story, but you're arguing a pretty weak position here. The UT2k4 mothership assault map had more of a story than the three campaigns. I seriously doubt Epic wastes any significant time with lore for this game.

And I hopefully have a reason to upgrade my aging i7 finally.

This makes me happy, it cannot suck, it shall not suck, I demand it to no sucky.

There has been absolutely no mention of microtransactions. None. Don't spread false information.

They are funding this model by skimming off the profit of transactions for community content. I don't know what that constitutes in your mind, but for me that is a microtransaction model. So I will keep spreading whatever I want, you can keep ranting at everyone about whether UT should have an SP campaign. ;)

And I hopefully have a reason to upgrade my aging i7 finally.

This makes me happy, it cannot suck, it shall not suck, I demand it to no sucky.

Well after the UT3 abomination it can only go up! :cool:

Hey guys. Fragging clueless bots on regular maps is totally a single player experience! What makes it even better is the fact Epic tells you WHY you're fragging them. This is so cool, I am going to kill myself.

I am pretty sure most people played UT that way. Scared little fuckers.

I really hope you're being sarcastic. I like you but this thread makes me want to reconsider your status in my heart.

Hey guys. Fragging clueless bots on regular maps is totally a single player experience! What makes it even better is the fact Epic tells you WHY you're fragging them. This is so cool, I am going to kill myself.

I am pretty sure most people played UT that way. Scared little fuckers.

Oh you have some kind of mental problem. Ofcourse there can be a single player campaign just like the original game had one. It's easy to make and fits the game nicely, even if multiplayer part (obviously) is the meat of the game. Take your meds now?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/unrea...lunreal-tournament-music-composers-to-return/

Unreal Tournament fans, get ready for amazing news. The original composers of Unreal and Unreal Tournament will return to Epic’s upcoming remake. Michiel van den Bos has posted a new thread on Epic’s forum, expressing his desire to return and compose the music for this new UT title. And as you may have guessed, the development team is more than happy to have both Michiel and Alexander involved in this project.

As Michiel wrote two days ago on Epic’s forum:

“My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It’s been a while and my memory’s a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I’ve been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I’m writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I’m sure I can get Alex to join in too.“

Steven Polge, one of Unreal Engine’s developer, replied to Michiel’s request and confirmed that they’d be more than happy to have both him and Alex involved.

“Of course we would be thrilled to have you and Alex involved in this project! The music you guys made always invokes tremendous nostalgia for me – I’m always instantly transported back to playing UT.”

Alexander Brandon and Michiel Van der Boss were responsible for the music of both the first Unreal and the first Unreal Tournament.

Michiel expressed his desire to revisit some of his older tunes that were featured in Unreal Tournament, though he will compose new ones if Epic decides to let him – and Alex – score the game’s soundtrack.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more!

They just keep making me say it, FUCK YEAH!

Time to post your favorite UT level soundtracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSAgEhyUrjE

Back