Unreal Tournament 3: A duplicate login was detected

Z

Zinn

... and I get booted back to main menu every few minutes when I try to play online. It really sucks :( I have the steam version of the game and everything is up to date; I don't really see how someone could be pirating my CD key. Any ideas on how to get this problem to go away?

I am on Vista 64, specs in sig. I am in the process of trying to reinstall the game and took away my bridged internet connection to see if that will fix it. If anyone has any other suggestions, plz let me know.

Contact Steam support. They might be able to get you a new CD-key and disable the one you have right now.

I am on Vista 64, specs in sig. I am in the process of trying to reinstall the game and took away my bridged internet connection to see if that will fix it. If anyone has any other suggestions, plz let me know.
Good guess on the possible problem with a bridged connection. Steam might be thinking you've got two copies of the same game running.

I'd still contact Steam support as Einhanderkiller suggested. They might have a work around so you can use the bridged connection.

Don't bother with the steam version as it's not the most up to date (for whatever reason). Just patch it with the latest UT patch from Epic/wherever. It allows you to bypass Steam to launch too (though you still need the CD key from Steam) and the various incompatibilities with Steam's servers. :D

Back