Unreal Tournament 2004 Goes Gold!

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
Sounds as though they're trying to compete with EA/Dice and Battlefield:Vietnam. Didn't they just announce BFV would be available one day earlier as well (15th)?

Doesn't make a difference to me though. I've already pre-ordered both. Just means I get to play both earlier. ;)

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Hehe, I'm happy they're competing, that means I can get two decently looking games a bit earlier. During LAN plan, UT2K4 was awesome, so I look forward to that. ;) Jeez, could I have anymore 1942 games? ;)

AoL_Is_My_EnEmY

[H]ard|Gawd
i plan on preordering ut2k4 from eb games, then using that 20 gift card to purchase battlefield vietnam, and ill use the headset for both games....i'm ingenious

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
Originally posted by AoL_Is_My_EnEmY
i plan on preordering ut2k4 from eb games, then using that 20 gift card to purchase battlefield vietnam, and ill use the headset for both games....i'm ingenious
I guarantee that headset will fall apart in less than a year

chr|stoph

Weaksauce
yea onslaught is pretty wildly awesome. except when u fire a sniper rifle while driving through a canyon, dont you expect the "smoke" released through the barrel to not stay in fron of your face for too long... yea know, cus the motion and all... ;)

Rehevkor

[H]ard|Gawd
The headset is made by Logitech, and all of their other products that I've used have worked beautifully and been very durable. I have a Logitech optical mouse that i have viciously beaten for years, and it still works perfectly. I see no reason to think that headset will be any different :)

And hooray for shipping a day early. All too rare in this age of constant delays :D

Xenomaniac

[H]ard|Gawd
I got to have this game.

I've always found Head sets useful but when ever I have a chance to use them, I completly forget I have them on my head. I'll tell everyone where the enemy is by typing and then after I send the message, I relize I have a head set on. Does everybody have to get us to them after a while?

_cashel

[H]ard|Gawd
I probably won't be using the headset for anything, it seems akward to me, and I'm on 56k still and I'm sure that it uses up what little bandwidth I already have.

Icewindius

Gawd
Cool, at least some good news after my crappy day today. Can't wait, new 1.5meg/896 DSL on monday, UT2k4 and Battlefied Veitnam and Far Cry. Its gonna be a sweet March baby!!! Glad I preordered cause there all out at my local Gamestop and Best Buy already.

mcryptic

[H]ard|Gawd
Originally posted by Xenomaniac
I got to have this game.

I've always found Head sets useful but when ever I have a chance to use them, I completly forget I have them on my head. I'll tell everyone where the enemy is by typing and then after I send the message, I relize I have a head set on. Does everybody have to get us to them after a while?
i tend to yell out stuff but forget to hit the key to start the voice chat.

Redmondian

n00b
It's good that UT2004 is coming on DVD :)

But I've got to play the demo before I decide if I really want it though. Might just use the money for something else. ;)

Torgo

2[H]4U
Who says that you need a headset to yell stuff? You should see me yell after I'm tagged. :p

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
Dang... My DVD ROM just kicked the bucket too. :( Is UT04 going to be available on CD as well? I'm assuming it is...

Maxxx-

Limp Gawd
UT2k4 will come out in DVD and in CD.

The DVD is 40 dollars and comes with 2 hrs of footage explaining the Development kit it comes with.

Comes with extra stuff to

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
Originally posted by Maxxx-
UT2k4 will come out in DVD and in CD.

The DVD is 40 dollars and comes with 2 hrs of footage explaining the Development kit it comes with.

Comes with extra stuff to
Uh, whoa. UT 2004 DVD comes with a SDK?

What other extras? :p As I explained to an Epox techie today, I live in a hole and don't get news until 2 weeks after it's mad public most of the time. ;)

figgie

Supreme [H]ardness
I was surprised that UT2k4 had intergrated Voice chat. That is great. I used to play lots of TDM and CTF on ladders.

HanD_Of_DetH was my handle :)

When calling out enemy position or spawn times. Headset is key.

I wonder if they built in a radom time for spawn of items. Like shield belt was 55 seconds on the nose ;) They should learn from Quake III but I don't think so from the demo.

schwank

Limp Gawd
Just pre-ordered UT 2k4 this eve at EB.

No $20 gift card at the store, but I ordered the special edition version(DVD) and they had the price listed as $40 for it.

The gamespy article and all other literature I have seen implies retail at $60 for the DVD version.

Any feedback, was the EB games guy wrong?

Torgo

2[H]4U
$60 is the suggested retail price. I promise you that some store will use it as a loss leader to get you into the store. Best Buy and Fry's are usually pretty good about it.

ZenOps

2[H]4U
Well, it looks like EBGames took the DVD Special Edition (supposedly 2 DVD's one with the game, and one with an instructional video in addition to the headset) off the list of available games. I preordered it a couple weeks ago.

Anyone else think that they sold off all their copies before it even hits the shelves? I still see it as available at Amazon in case anyone is still looking to buy it.

Also: Don't bet on your local mom and pop shop having the DVD special edition version on the shelf, it will probably be sold out long before then.

ser1al

n00b
I just ordered the SE off amazon. Its listed for 39.99 and the shipping is free.