unraid and the SASLP-MV8 and port multiplier?

has anyone tried this? I'm wondering how hard a time unraid would have seeing this. as I am leaning towards it. Mainly because I get single drive redundancy, and easy to expandon the fly. plus I can upgrade older smaller drives as I see fit.

also. has anyone tried a port multiplier on the mv8 One cable going to 4 1-5 multipliers would let you hook up an entire norco 4020 case on a single cable?

But I'm not as experianced with multipliers.

WHS was a close call but. only offers cloning. and no drive replacement easily?

Or with WHS can I pull an old say 500 gig drive. and pop in a 2tb and it will rebuild?

Thanks

Shawn

has anyone tried this? I'm wondering how hard a time unraid would have seeing this. as I am leaning towards it. Mainly because I get single drive redundancy, and easy to expandon the fly. plus I can upgrade older smaller drives as I see fit.

also. has anyone tried a port multiplier on the mv8 One cable going to 4 1-5 multipliers would let you hook up an entire norco 4020 case on a single cable?

But I'm not as experianced with multipliers.

WHS was a close call but. only offers cloning. and no drive replacement easily?

Or with WHS can I pull an old say 500 gig drive. and pop in a 2tb and it will rebuild?

Thanks

Shawn

Your best bet is to ask this question on the unRAID forum.

If I am correct in the card you are thinking about you can use this in the newest build of unRAID (4.5.3). Support was just added for it so there are not a lot of people using it BUT limetech themselves is using the card in there newer builds. I don't know about the port multiplier part, but I do know that you can get 8 drives hooked up to this with the correct cables.

I have ordered an AOC-SASPL-MV8 and an HP SAS expander, so in a few days I will be able to confirm whether it works on linux or not.

Back