Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

Ed

2[H]4U
Here are the first links on Dell's site for the 2405FPW, showing up in the higher ed site of all places first:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/top...cs/en/infocenter?c=us&cs=RC956904&l=en&s=hied

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/top.../monitor_feature?c=us&cs=RC956904&l=en&s=hied

Same pages in the Dell Home/Home Office area:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/top...rs/topics/en/infocenter?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/top...pics/en/monitor_feature?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

And some specs for her enjoyment:

24" Viewable Image Size Largest available viewable image size in Dell's Flat Panel Monitor Portfolio

1920x1200 Native Resolution Provides gamers and graphics professionals with best in class image detail.

12ms (typ) Response Time Enables crisp clear images when using the display for fast motion video such as gaming or video editing.

Dual input support 3 Digital (DVI) or Analog connection allowing for max versatility.

CE Inputs S-video, composite and component inputs allow for CE connectivity.

P-I-P (Picture-in-Picture) Users can and view alternative source video from a CE device with a touch of single PiP (Picture-in-Picture) button. View both your PC content and alternative source video at the same time. The P/P (PIP, PBP) feature supports viewing of two content sources simultaneously, where PC Input is the primary source and any of the AV Inputs is the secondary source.

Easy to access 4 port USB Hub and 9-in-1 card reader allowing easy access for your favorite peripheral devices.

It hasnt shown up yet on the shopping pages, though it does say "COMING MARCH 2005"

It doesn't say anything about HD like the HP L2335 does. Does that mean the picture quality isn't going to be as high?

Its resolution of 1920x1200 means it can display HD anyway. It doesn't have to say "HD Ready" to display HD, although you will need a tuner. It has the requisite inputs, component and DVI.

No way I'll be getting this thing. No one to sell my 2005FPW (my dad bought my 2001FP so I could afford it). And with the backlight leakage no one else will want mine anyway :(

if this falls below $1k (which I doubt), I am definitely in for one.

just hope it doesn't have the whole QC problems the 2005fpw has with backlight/screendoor etc etc.

I'm in. Gotta start saving today. I bet I'd drink 1200 sodas by summer time, maybe if I put every dollar I'd spend on Diet Coke in a jar instead, I'd have enough for this monitor by... April? :)

Warborn said:
I'm in. Gotta start saving today. I bet I'd drink 1200 sodas by summer time, maybe if I put every dollar I'd spend on Diet Coke in a jar instead, I'd have enough for this monitor by... April? :)
Haha, wishfull thinking. I'd find a way to buy this if I wasn't saving for a car. I already have a 2005FPW, I need not get greedy. My birthday is in March though ;)

Good find jphat. Full quote:

Dell Broadens Flat Panel Display Portfolio with New, 24-Inch Wide-Screen Monitor

ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 14, 2005--Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), the worldwide leader in LCD monitor shipments(a), is giving customers an expanded multimedia experience with the introduction of its largest and most fully-featured flat panel display.

The UltraSharp(TM) 2405FPW will be on sale for $1,199 in the Americas and Europe on March 1, 2005. The wide-screen monitor is ideal for graphics professionals, computing enthusiasts and gamers. The native resolution of 1920x1200(b) helps ensure detailed images are crisp and clear and typical response times of 12ms(c) mean fast-moving content is displayed with minimal distortion.

The 24-inch display makes it easier and more affordable for customers to multitask by viewing spreadsheets and blueprints in their full sizes and positioning multiple applications or Web pages next to each other without losing content. It also reduces the need to scroll within large documents and toggle between application windows.

The 2405FPW includes a 9-in-1 memory card reader on the side of the panel for a convenient way to download files and photos. Four USB 2.0 ports make it easy to attach devices such as keyboards, secondary hard drives and printers without having to crawl under a desk to search for inputs on a computer system.

With S-Video, composite and component inputs, the 2405FPW can be hooked up to a video camera, gaming console, DVD player or cable box. Picture-in-picture (PIP) and picture-by-picture (PBP) modes(d), which can be enabled with the touch of a button, allow users to watch content from a video input and view their PC simultaneously, on a single display.

The 2405FPW features a height-adjustable stand, allowing the panel to swivel, tilt and pivot into portrait orientation. Its optional sound bar, which attaches to the bottom of the panel, is as space-saving as it is powerful, delivering 14 watts of audio output.

Technical specifications of the Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW include:
-- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA+) @ 60Hz(b)
-- Response Time (typical): 12ms grey-to-grey(c), 16ms
black-to-white
-- Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
-- Brightness (typical): 500 nits
-- Aspect Ratio: 16:10
-- Number of Colors: 16.7 Million
-- Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle (typical): +/-89 degrees
-- Lift distance: 3.5 inches
-- Tilt angle: -5 to +20 degrees
-- Swivel: 90 degrees (45 degrees left and right)
-- Memory Card Formats Supported: CompactFlash I/II, Secure
Digital (SD), Mini SD, MultiMedia Card, SmartMedia, Memory
Stick, Memory Stick Pro, IBM Microdrive
-- Inputs: Analog (VGA)/Digital
(DVI)(e)/S-Video/Composite/Component
-- Dimensions (HxWxD): 21.5" x 22.0" x 9.0"
-- Weight: 29.1 lb.

The Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW is available today in parts of Asia and will be available on March 1, 2005 in the Americas and Europe. Additional information and specifications can also be found on March 1 at www.dell.com/monitors. Hi-resolution images are located at www.dell.com/photos.

About Dell

Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL) is a trusted and diversified information-technology supplier and partner, and sells a comprehensive portfolio of products and services directly to customers worldwide. Dell designs, builds and delivers innovative, tailored systems that provide customers with exceptional value. Company revenue for the past year was $49.2 billion. For more information about Dell and its products and services, visit www.dell.com. -----------------

Pricing, specifications, availability, and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes, fees, and shipping and handling charges are extra, and vary. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

(a) DisplaySearch Quarterly Desktop Monitor Shipment and Forecast Report, "Top 10 WW LCD FPD Vendors," December 2004.

(b) Please note, some Dell video cards and integrated video will not support the 1680x1050 for the 2005FPW and 1920x1200 for the 2405FPW widescreen resolutions. To confirm support, please visit http://www1.us.dell.com/content/lea...nitors&~line=desktops&~lt=popup&~series=optix to see a list of supported video solutions. (Due to its length, this URL may need to be copied/pasted into your Internet browser's address field. Remove the extra space if one exists.) If you are ordering a Dell widescreen monitor to be used with a non-Dell system, please inquire with the system manufacturer to confirm 1680x1050 or 1920x1200 resolution support.

(c) 12ms (typical) is based on grey to grey response, typical of fast motion video used in gaming and DVD movies.

(d) The P/P (PIP, PBP) feature supports viewing of two content sources simultaneously, where PC Input is the primary source and any of the AV Inputs is the secondary source.

(e) To use the UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor DVI input, accompanying system must either be configured with a video card with DVI support or a DVI add-in card.

Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc.

Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.

Craporz!!! Memory card reader and composite inputs!!!! Dammit Dell, stop trying to take all my money!!!!!

$1,199 is actually pretty reasonable for all this.

and that is without the "incentives/specials". Can't wait until March 1st. Now, should I get two....hmmm!

$1200 - that's awesome. Should easily be under $1000 with a few dell specials. Can't wait. :D

ok, now somone has to find the best coupon deal from Dell on this.

Get to it... only two weeks away!

phas3d said:
and that is without the "incentives/specials". Can't wait until March 1st. Now, should I get two....hmmm!

A 24-inch 12ms WUXGA LCD (w/ high quality Samsung Panel) for only $900 after a 25% Dell Coupon sounds nice.

Danny_Ocean said:
A 24-inch 12ms WUXGA LCD (w/ high quality Samsung Panel) for only $900 after a 25% Dell Coupon sounds nice.

Yes, with tax it would be just under a grand for me.

the good: 12ms typ RT, component inputs, card reader, all for $1200!!

the bad: it's too high. I want the neck to go much lower. can you take the panel off and mount it on something else?

the ugly: the whole design is fugly.

Okay, samsung, let's see what YOU've got.

Considering the fact that I nearly bought the HP L2335 at $1300 refurbished, the $1200 price tag is awesome. If any dell people are reading this thread (and I'd bet money that they are), thank you very much :)

And I like the design dammit :-P

LxT said:
the good: 12ms typ RT, component inputs, card reader, all for $1200!!

the bad: it's too high. I want the neck to go much lower. can you take the panel off and mount it on something else?

the ugly: the whole design is fugly.

Okay, samsung, let's see what YOU've got.

I like the design, to each their own I guess. But to your first question, its VESA compatible so you can take it off the stand and mount it on any one of the VESA arms that are out there. Check out http://www.ergotron.com for loads of them.

Damn.....If I had the money I'd be all over it. Great features and specs, plus that's a very high resolution which is something not commonly seen in desktop LCD's. It looks like it has the potential to become one of the top LCD's out on the market. I'm curious to see what kind of reviews it gets when it finally comes out.

S-W-E-E-T!

That being said, I hope they don't face the same challenges that the current 2005fpw has. And yeah, I'd like to see what Samsung offers and how much they'll charge for it. I am willing to dish out an extra 200$ for better quality/features, though I doubt they can match the 2405's feats. That being said, the component input is just awesome.

Too bad Dell Canada isn't so generous in terms of deals. I hope I can get some 10-15% off of it.

Now where's my Venice/X800XL/SN25P?? :D

This monitor looks nice. My only concern is that it might sit higher then I would like according to the specs. Hopefully, it will sit a little lower then that, because I don't want to have to look up too high when I buy this bad boy! ;)

Probably geographic proximity. I might finally pull the trigger on a LCD, be nice too reclaim some deskspace, assuming no backlight problems.

hmm... that review sample came from Dell US. Wonder why they can't take orders till 3/1 here?

. . Now I Need Coupons . . .

Oooh, this looks very, very nice. I was considering investing in 2x2001FPs during Feb's monitor sale, but I might hold off and get one of these bad boys instead.

With the current very favourable US$/GBP exchange rate, I wonder what the price for this will be in the UK?

/me cynical : probably about 1200GBP :)

If this thing is as sweet as it sounds, just how many 2005fpw owners out there are going to be PISSED!!!?

I can't stop imagining 24 inches of CS:S

i wonder if it is worth selling my 2005fpw for it? maybe i should just wait and see how low that price can go...sub 1000$ possible anyone? if it does go below a g then sign me up..i'll probly wind up giving the 2005 to my mom

$1200!!!

So glad I was wrong with my ~1500-2000!

I just hope when they'll introduce it in europe they'll at least keep the dollar:euro 1:1 or as it should be like around 1000 euro.

Another two weeks and this baby is mine :D , as everybody with this baby I'll post some pictures ;)

Review Extremetech

One good thing: the bezel looks thinner than the Samsung 243T, which has both an inner and outer bevel. at least that's what it looks like from dell's pics.

Back