Unlocking Multiplier on Venice Cores?

Lukano

Limp Gawd
Is it possible? Is it a bad idea? Should I forget about it already and just keep living with the x9 on my 3000+?

I had just thought of it, in reference to past attempts to overclock but wasn't entirely sure if it was even possible anymore.

You can only set the multiplier lower. Its impossible to set it higher, and AFAIK, theres is no mod at all to get higehr multipliers. So no, you cant do that (this is why many people recommend the 3200+ over the 3000+, for the extra multiplier).

Damn - wish I had thought of that before buying the 3000+. I would have rather skimped on my video and gotten the better chip.

Ahh well, maybe someday. In the meantime I'll work with what I have.

I am thinking of going 3800 (I think thats the one) for this reason..multiplier.

regarding the 3800+, the 3700+ SD is cheaper and has 1mb of cache as opposed to 512kb. You might want to get that instead.

DFI NF4 boards can easily do 300Mhz HTT Bus... That translates to 2.7Ghz. I've gotten mine stable at 316x9 for 2844Mhz on AIR COOLING.

The Multiplier onthe 3000+ is NOT a hindrence when overclocking. Especially on an Ultra D. Just use a Ram Divider.... THe DFI's have Plenty of options there.

I do not want to go SLI, though...ANy boards that are AGP that can do 300?

Production samples of the DFI NF3/939/AGP boards are starting to show up.... Shouldnt be long now. I'll be picking one up for my X2 rig since I have an extra X800XT-PE AGP right now.

Impaqt said:
DFI NF4 boards can easily do 300Mhz HTT Bus... That translates to 2.7Ghz. I've gotten mine stable at 316x9 for 2844Mhz on AIR COOLING.

The Multiplier onthe 3000+ is NOT a hindrence when overclocking. Especially on an Ultra D. Just use a Ram Divider.... THe DFI's have Plenty of options there.

My only arguement to this point is the fact that when dealing with "less than flexible" ram, a higher cpu multiplier would potentially be helpful.

My current roadblock is getting over 290fsb without having to drop my ram to 1:2 and/or clock the settings even lower.

Back