Unlocked Core i3-7350K coming soon (coolaler.com)

-Sweeper_

Limp Gawd
Google Translate said:
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of the previous Intel Pentium, Pentium not locked will launch a special edition G3258, for overclocking bring a little new life, and now, according to disclose celebrities, Intel also introduced the Core i3 processor is not locked, it may be in the new generation Kaby Lake above.

intel_core_i3_k_1.jpg

But on Fengyun K Edition Core i3 processor is not locked and no other information, only know the default clock will reach 4.2GHz...

http://www.coolaler.com/content.php/7034

Right in time to undercut Zen? Or am I oversimplyfing this?

I mean, they're (i3) pretty highly clocked already. I have some 6300s at work and they're 3.8 GHz. And from what I see in you guys' sigs, they don't go a lot higher than that. What would be a moderate overclock for an i3? 4.5ish?

Reactions: spine
like this
Right in time to undercut Zen? Or am I oversimplyfing this?

I mean, they're (i3) pretty highly clocked already. I have some 6300s at work and they're 3.8 GHz. And from what I see in you guys' sigs, they don't go a lot higher than that. What would be a moderate overclock for an i3? 4.5ish?
i3s clock just like any Skylake chips: about 4.6 on average.

So from a layman's point of view, that unlocked i3 will look tempting if Zen fails to deliver clockspeed wise.
Anyone else think these two events are related?

A Pentium gets HT too. Its the preparation for Coffee Lake.

Cool, wonder how these will perform against an i5 2500k?

Cool, wonder how these will perform against an i5 2500k?
Unlocked dual core + HT vs quad core without HT? I'd think at expected overclocks that the i5 will be faster in most multi-threaded software*. For single-threaded performance, the Kaby Lake i3 with a relatively modest overclock will probably be faster than a typical 2500K overclock.

* code optimized for newer processors and heavily dependent on TSX and AVX2/FMA3 might close the gap somewhat vs the legacy path. Right now I don't think this represents any realistic desktop software in use, just benchmarks.

Where do you see 2-thread? We already have CPU-Z validations, it's a 4-thread part.

I gave you the link in my post. I'll make an image for you lazy :D

E7bwnd9.png

Just because CPU-z says it's 4-thread, doesn't mean they're right. It could be a bug in cpu-z, or a doctored screenshot.

There's nothing in the listing image you provided that says it has four threads either.

But I'd love to be wrong, and HT make it's way down in price :D

Last edited:
very tempting for my work rig a ASRock > Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX that has a 6100 that cant overclock since intel capped the bios. im in all the way for this

Back