Unlocked Blackberry Priv $449 Shipped

This is a lot of money for a phone that I've yet to see in anyone's hands.

Coworker is a blackberry nut and got one of these. The keyboard is near useless as there is so much weight to the screen. They tried to balance it, but its just still too heavy for regular use. Performance / Software wise its just yet another android device, except it has a few legacy crossover blackberry apps. His version was Verizon so of course it was bloated as hell with duplicate apps and "sign up for this premium service for just $X.99/mo" junk. Aside from the keyboard disappointment (cuz dammit I want I replacement to the droid slider), the hardware is extremely well built and feels solid. The wraparound display has a decent deadzone to avoid accidental touches, but since there is no "hard" corner, its easy to rub your fingers up to the point where you do accidentally touch the active area.

Had never seen one, but coincidentally, the person next to me on my commuter train was using one. Looks like a very solid phone, albeit thick kind of like a flattened Dell Venue Pro. Typing on the physical keyboard looked eminently faster than on-screen typing.

blackberry is no more especially now since they have back doors into their supposedly secure OS

So go from one dead end to another? Sorry but Windows Phone is also no more, and you'd have to be insane to spend $429 on one.

This phone runs Android, not BlackBerry's OS, seeing as you two weren't aware of that.

This phone runs Android, not BlackBerry's OS, seeing as you two weren't aware of that.

irrelevant to the point I made, thanks :)

So go from one dead end to another? Sorry but Windows Phone is also no more, and you'd have to be insane to spend $429 on one.

well out of all 3 it is has by FAR the best integration with my Windows PC

simple

since my PC and phone have the same login, when I am not near my phone and logged into my PC and I miss a call it is there, same for text messages. Also I can share my apps between the two devices easily...

simple

since my PC and phone have the same login, when I am not near my phone and logged into my PC and I miss a call it is there, same for text messages. Also I can share my apps between the two devices easily...

You mean the functionality that's been around via apps for android since 2.0? Neat. Also don't try and bullshit us about sharing apps the amount of apps that are actually cross platform for Windows phone is pathetic.

I bit and bought one. I was an avid bb user until I switched to my original Verizon Droid. This is the phone I always wanted and blackberry should have made 3-4 years ago to remain relevant, but I guess better late than never (for the consumer I mean, they basically committed suicide as a company)

I am an avid android user and currently use a nexus 6p as my phone. Ill post my experience with the phone after using it for a bit.

You mean the functionality that's been around via apps for android since 2.0? Neat. Also don't try and bullshit us about sharing apps the amount of apps that are actually cross platform for Windows phone is pathetic.
you have to install something to get it to work? I didn't

again you had to install it to get it to work that means more risk as you do not know if it is secure......

anyways my new phone is here and yeah, it just works as it should and once I signed in it was like I never changed the phone out.

again you had to install it to get it to work that means more risk as you do not know if it is secure......

anyways my new phone is here and yeah, it just works as it should and once I signed in it was like I never changed the phone out.

Secure... Microsoft...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Had the phone now for a week and well......it misses the mark

The phone itself is actually pretty fantastic and gives you an uncompromised android experience. However the key advantage the phone has over other android phone (Physical keyboard) is not practical. As someone mentioned above, it is not easy or convenient to use as the phone becomes way to top heavy. I found myself using the phone as any regular android phone, and avoiding using the physical keyboard. At this point there is no reason to use it instead of my Nexus 6p or another more modern phone.

In the end kudos to BB for actually putting together some great hardware. But with a physical keyboard that misses the mark, the phone is not a compelling option for the modern smartphone user.

Back