Unlocked 290 with waterblock, Asus GTX 970 Strix

veedubfreak

2[H]4U
290s are sold.
970s are sold.

Items will be shipped out today and will send tracking numbers.

Last edited:
Unfortunately no, but I post under this same name multiple places, and at one point had 100% ebay feedback under the same name. Let the account go dormant and ended up having it deleted. Sold most of my old gear locally for the last few years and no longer wish to deal with shitheads on ebay.

E: Just went ahead and created a heatware under the same name. Might as well get started :)

Selling the 970s because it wasn't enough of an upgrade over the 290 on water and Tigerdirect screwed me over on returning them.

I was wondering about the black build up as well. What kind of coolant was run in it?

It's bare copper. It's not clogged or anything, just a bit of discoloration. I can get better pics later. I only ran distilled water with silver coils.

I still have 1 identical card and block in my machine and there is no restriction and temps never go over 45c.

Matter of fact I took it apart to double check because of the discoloration.

290s are spoken for atm. Will still post up a better shot just so people don't think I'm selling icky components :)

Last edited:

Better pic as promised, its just oxidation. Bare copper does that.

Nickel plated block just for reference. Both cards ran in the same loop for the same amount of time with the same coolant. After I looked at the picture its kind of nifty how you can tell where the water flowed in and back out.
DGfvLa0l.jpg

Last edited:
Back