Unlockable quad, $37 shipped

Nice, but the SuperBiiz website is excruciating to navigate.

I'm fairly certain I've seen paint dry quicker than these pages transition.

<EDIT> 5 minutes, and I'm still waiting for the CART to load. Any page I click, within eWiz, just waits and waits. They must have a server issue.

it's an x2, not a phenom 2...these cannot be unlocked as there is nothing to unlock.

Nice, but the SuperBiiz website is excruciating to navigate.

I'm fairly certain I've seen paint dry quicker than these pages transition.

<EDIT> 5 minutes, and I'm still waiting for the CART to load. Any page I click, within eWiz, just waits and waits. They must have a server issue.
Ive never had that issue. I had my order finished in less then 2 minutes after I found the deal.
link is for a dual core, not quad core.

it's an x2, not a phenom 2...these cannot be unlocked as there is nothing to unlock.

Its a Deneb core, that can unlock the extra cores and cache. Its basically a Phenom II 940, but with the multi locked at 11x. Just about every board now a days can do at least 270HT, which puts it right around 3Ghz. The better boards can do 300-350 or so.

And to add to the deal, you can get a CM Hyper 212+ for $24 shipped with the same code.
https://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?nam...s-RR-B10-212P-G1-120mm-Sleeve-CPU-Cooler&c=CJ

Last edited:
what about the 6000+ on ewiz for a few bucks more? starts out with a higher clock with a higher multi.

Thinking about grabbing this along with this board which the OP of that deal on Slick says he used to unlock all the cores and the L3 cache, make a cheap HTPC out of it.

what about the 6000+ on ewiz for a few bucks more? starts out with a higher clock with a higher multi.
Its an old Windsor core Athlon 64 x2. Wont unlock.
Thinking about grabbing this along with this board which the OP of that deal on Slick says he used to unlock all the cores and the L3 cache, make a cheap HTPC out of it.

I got one of those for free from MicroCenter last night, and got this chip for that board.

Nice. I wonder if there's anyone who got one free and doesn't want it that would sell it to me on the cheap? :D

Hows the reliability of the site its not one ive heard of before. EDIT: Shit its ewiz why the hell does the banner say SuperBiiz, in for one for my HTPC!

They changed their name a few months ago.

In for one. Once I get one of the new 890FX mobo's I'll just use my current M4A785-M and this CPU in my HTPC and then I can sell off the old trusty E6300 and Intel Bad Axe.

Most likely a 50/50 chance of the unlock. Most of the later batch of these CPU's can unlock to at least 3 cores, just have to fiddle with the bios a little to get the right combination.

Grabbed 1. Bought 2 about a month back and did not have luck with either :( (1 would not post and the other would post with cores unlocked, but not boot into windows - tried on 2 different mobos). I could have bought a real Phenom II x4 for the money (already have a real one anyways) spent, but sometimes I just buy stuff for the fun of it.

Most likely a 50/50 chance of the unlock. Most of the later batch of these CPU's can unlock to at least 3 cores, just have to fiddle with the bios a little to get the right combination.

It's better than 50/50. More like a 2/3 or 3/4 chance.

is this cpu faster than say a e5200? overclock alot?

Clock for clock, this is slower. When you unlock it, though, it will be faster clock for clock. It will overclock as high as your motherboard can take it. The mobo will be your limiting factor. On a quality motherboard, you might top out at 3.1-3.2ghz.

Clock for clock, this is slower. When you unlock it, though, it will be faster clock for clock. It will overclock as high as your motherboard can take it. The mobo will be your limiting factor. On a quality motherboard, you might top out at 3.1-3.2ghz.

Try 3.5-3.8 for a TOP end mobo.
Most will get 3.2 pretty easy.
Entry boards should be able to get 2.8-3.0.

That board wont work. This is an AM2+ CPU, wont work in AM3 boards.

Id recomend the 790X-UD4P. Great board for less then $100. Took a Sempron 140 I had unlocked to 4Ghz easy.
Should have no trouble getting ~300FSB or so from this.

Man what a deal. Even if it doesn't unlock. Thanks for the heads up, yea get to play with a new toy.

oh it unlocks to 3 cores or 4 cores? that is really cool i didnt even think a 5000+ was close to what a 3 core or 4 core would be. after Opteron 165's ive only used 775 so never even looked at am2 since they where slower for the $$

That board wont work. This is an AM2+ CPU, wont work in AM3 boards.

Id recomend the 790X-UD4P. Great board for less then $100. Took a Sempron 140 I had unlocked to 4Ghz easy.
Should have no trouble getting ~300FSB or so from this.

Sorry...I forgot AM2+. I have AM3 on the brain as my board is kicking my ass :mad:.

Posting this message on one of these unlocked chips at the moment. Purchased last month for $45 shipped from superbiz/ewiz. All 4 cores unlock and run 2.8Ghz @ stock voltage. Running with cool'n'quiet enabled here without a problem.

It's a gamble whether you'll get a good chip that unlocks, but for the money it can't be beat.

BTW, went with a Biostar TA785GE-128M v6.1 motherboard (microatx). Total cost was roughly $115 for a quad core setup. Can't beat that with a stick.

BTW, went with a Biostar TA785GE-128M v6.1 motherboard (microatx). Total cost was roughly $115 for a quad core setup. Can't beat that with a stick.

You should add a quad core setup roughly equal to a q6600

Using the free 760G mobo from MicroCenter, and the stock 555 HSF (till my Hyper212+ comes) mine unlocked to a quad. 1.225v stock vcore, just pushed it to 1.3 to be safe.
Running Prime now, getting 58C load. Once the Hyper is on there, I should have some OC room.

Was a sweet deal. Grabbed this all for 290 shipped. Got 10 off from mwave, and 20 from superbiiz, with a 10 buck MIR from Gigabyte. Got free shipping from mwave, and SuperBiiz got me for 6 buck shipping on 10 and a half pounds.

Oem ver
Kingston ddr2 2 gig kit
Gigabyte ga-ma78lm-s2h
Artic cooling freezer rev2 (didn't read the reviews 1st bah hopefully a lap on this and hs will help)
Sony optairc dual layer sata drive
samsung spinpoint 500 gig sata 2 7200 16mb
coolmax cti-700b 700w
couple blue led 120 fans.

Like my case, seen decent ones for round 40, and couldn't quite afford a vid card this time round. Besides my 360 is my gaming platform. But I'll grab a vid card next month. All in all a new decent rig for 290 is just fine by me.

I'm a recording artist, so its just fine for Pro Tools, Reason, and Reason Record.

Back