::Unlock BATTLEFIELD 3 (PC) Early::

FYI for anyone using the VPN workaround. probably more of a scare-tactic than anything, but figured people should know:

For those using VPN techniques to gain early access to Battlefield 3. DICE has this to say. “We strongly advise you do not use VPN. You can compromise the security of your account.” When asked by some fans if it is indeed possible to have their accounts banned, DICE responded. “If your account is related in suspicious activity, quite possibly.” Daniel Matros weighs in as well saying that though “it isn’t illegal,” DICE highly advises “against doing it and [to] instead wait for the launch day of your territory.”

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/24/dice-to-possibly-ban-accounts-using-vpn-to-gain-early-access-to-bf3/

Much easier way:

HOW TO USE A PROXY TO UNLOCK BF3 (NO VPN NEEDED)

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Tick "Use a proxy for your LAN") -> Address: 210.107.100.251 Port: 8080

Much easier way:

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Tick "Use a proxy for your LAN") -> Address: 210.107.100.251 Port: 8080

works perfectly

Yeah, but what is that IP stealing from my computer in the process?

i changed my password before logged in. then i logged into orgin. then made the chagnes activated switched back. setback to default then changed my password. again.

Much easier way:

thats exactly what i show in the video, thanks for confirming it works for you! :D

Yeah, but what is that IP stealing from my computer in the process?

its just a proxy man, its like the ip address your isp assigns to you.

but were tricking it by using one from korea since the time is diferent there

Now I really don't know a lot about networking, but I'm pretty sure a proxy server works by your computer sending the proxy server the packets you want to send off to a final destination. The proxy server takes your packets and passes them off and then receives the responding packets and sends them back to you. So I'd imagine in that transaction of packets that the proxy's admin could easily intercept your origin data and get your username and password much like someone sniffing wifi packets.

But I just changed my password before connecting to the proxy activated, got off the proxy, and changed my password back.

What you don't seem to realize is that all the packets of data you are sending back and forth, could very well be logged by that proxy in Korea, sniffed out, and possible broken to steal information. On top of that, they get your IP address.

I tried it anyways, and it worked, but be careful.

What you don't seem to realize is that all the packets of data you are sending back and forth, could very well be logged by that proxy in Korea, sniffed out, and possible broken to steal information. On top of that, they get your IP address.

I tried it anyways, and it worked, but be careful.

Proxy sniffing isn't something that is easy. I have no clue how Origin transmits data so you are right in the Buyer Beware atmosphere, but your ISP does not assign a proxy.

Proxies are used to redirect internet traffic through a proxy server. Basically security.

did it, worked fine. Changed password beforehand and changed it back afterwards. Time to play! my inner need is going ape-shit.

Yo, yo da man. Worked perfectly. I just happend to see your post when you first made the thread. Much Respect

Proxy sniffing isn't something that is easy. I have no clue how Origin transmits data so you are right in the Buyer Beware atmosphere, but your ISP does not assign a proxy.

Proxies are used to redirect internet traffic through a proxy server. Basically security.

You underestimate the Koreans.

No way in hell I'd be doing this with my account. I'm going to laugh when all of you post about how your accounts have been stolen.

On a side note, this isn't illegal? Hmm.. wonder how that works. So would it legal for me to go into the store and take a copy of a game that I've pre-ordered and paid for before it's released (but after it's in stock)? Don't think so; not sure how it's legal just because it's digital. Or has the game been released in Korea and you're just tricking it into thinking you're from Korea?

I tried this and the game unlocked but Battlelog keeps telling me my browser isn't supported and IE is giving me the popup about some content not being secure, "Show all content? yes/no"

I tried this and the game unlocked but Battlelog keeps telling me my browser isn't supported and IE is giving me the popup about some content not being secure, "Show all content? yes/no"

I ran into this problem with the Alpha and the Beta. I switched to Chrome and it works perfectly.

I am just going to wait a few more hours as it will be released here on the west coast/bay area in 3.5 hours. Perhaps I can just stroll down to EA Headquarters in Foster City and hop on their wireless and play :cool:

Back