Unknown USB adapter

LM3

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an USB wireless mouse adapter that I do not know what mouse it will work with.

Is there any way to determine what mouse it is supposed to work with?

It shows up as a HID-compliant mouse in Win 7 Device manager.

Last edited:
if its just usb to ps/2 then it should work with any. but why? there is zero advantage to adapting it and I haven't seen a ps/2 mouse in yeeaarrsss!

if its just usb to ps/2 then it should work with any. but why? there is zero advantage to adapting it and I haven't seen a ps/2 mouse in yeeaarrsss!
Sorry about that. I forgot "wireless".

then idk. but it will only work with the mouse it belongs too(or another exact same mouse). is there any type of identifying marks on the dongle? it could be any brand and just using the generic MS HID mouse drivers. how did you end up with a dongle but no mouse or do you have a bunch of dongles and mice kickin around?

Post up a pic of it with some numbers showing and maybe it will make it easier to ID.

Oh. One of those little tiny bastards. Grrr.

Go into the advanced properties of it in the device manager and look for the device ID numbers and google them. Maybe something will pop up there.

ummmm yeh its not Logitech I can tell by the design, prob not hp or ms either. nothing on the other side, mine has numbers and info on the metal. other than that yeah you can get the hardware id from device manger and google that to see if it comes up with anything. but as I asked before why only a dongle and no mouse or do you have a bunch mixed up or something?!

Back