Unknown files, cant delete!

Yes_sir21

Weaksauce
Im stuck with 2 new folders in all of my hard disks. The folder are named $RECYCLE.BIN and System Volume Information. The System V. Information has log files and a folder called windows backup, probably from my old windows , and the $RECYCLE.BIN folder has a file called RECYCLE. When i delete them , they come back immediately.

Are they system folder ? If so, why are the visible in all my 5 other drives and not only on C ? Is there a way to delete them...
I didn't see them before so i find it weird to have unknown folders suddenly appearing in my drives.

Thanks.

I can't tell if you're being serious, or just a Troll - which is why no-one will probably answer you.

Try like the whole first page on a google search.:rolleyes:

Let's start off by making them visible, try deleting the $ in front of the names.

They're visible because you have "Hide protected operating system files" unchecked in the windows explorer Folder Options. This can be found in Windows Explorer by pressing Alt, click on Tools > Folder Options, and you'll see it in the View tab.

Last edited:
They're visible because you have "Hide protected operating system files" unchecked in the windows explorer Folder Options. This can be found in Windows Explorer by pressing Alt, click on Tools > Folder Options, and you'll see it in the View tab.

Thanks -PK- !! . That was the answer i was looking for.
I wasn't trolling , it was an honest question. Maybe the other people should refrain from trolling.

Come on guys, it even says 'noobie' under his name :p

But if you ever have a folder you can't delete, just navigate to the containing folder in the cmd line (making sure there's nothing else in it you need)... and do

del *.*

ha.....ha... , really funny guys. I almost laughed, almost.

Last edited:
Back