Universal Gearing up for "Gears of War" Movie

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Does Gears of War really need a movie? Well, your opinion doesn’t matter, as they are already set on making it with a script by the guy who wrote the screenplays for all four of James Cameron’s upcoming Avatar sequels. The movie will reportedly involve a brand-new story, so who knows if we will see Fenix or RAAM in this.

Universal and Microsoft announced their collaboration on the game in late 2016. At the time, Rod Fergusson, head of Microsoft subsidiary The Coalition that develops new Gears Of War content and the franchise co-creator, said the film would not be based on any particular game but instead be a new story set in the universe. That universe is the fictional planet of Sera, where a squad of beefed-up commandos living in a bombed-out postapocalyptic society battle swarms of alien creatures called Locusts.

Could be good, if they follow the actual plot line and not a reinvented way of doing things. For example, I fully enjoyed the Wing Commander books and games but, the movie, not as much, since they totally butchered it and made totally out of context plot line changes.

Just make a movie with the best plot concepts from each of the games. Set it on Earth, in the future, like the game and it'll be a hit.

Hmmmm. Who to use for the actors?

I predict they'll make the move true to the game by being virtually impossible to finish.

Could be good, if they follow the actual plot line and not a reinvented way of doing things. For example, I fully enjoyed the Wing Commander books and games but, the movie, not as much, since they totally butchered it and made totally out of context plot line changes.

No video game movie will be good.

After 30 strait steaming piles of poo, you should see the statistical correlation

After 30 strait steaming piles of poo, you should see the statistical correlation
Your so full of it right ??
Lara Croft Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Warcraft
Assassin’s Creed
All good movies and there more

Your so full of it right ??
Lara Croft Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Warcraft
Assassin’s Creed
All good movies and there more

I wouldn't classify any of those movies as good.

I guess you could argue that they are getting better, but that isn't setting the bar very high.

I have hopes for the new Tomb Raider though. If they can craft an Indiana Jones style adventure movie I'll definitely go see it. My biggest fear is that they turn it into a generic action snooze fest.

Clearly you haven't seen the Super Mario Bros movie.

lol :p

You are not going to get a movie out of 4 games with 3h single player campaign, I am sorry.

For fleshing out the back story? Maybe, but there isn't enough content in the campaigns themselves to warrant movie

If you were a hardcore player/fan... sure

As a standalone piece, it's a pothole riddled piece of awful.

yea I enjoyed the movie as well, as it filled in many plot holes or ends/starts. But it did assume everyone watching the movie played WoW.

I hear Adam Sandler is bulking up for the lead role.

Back