uninstaller program?

I also use AppCleaner. AppZapper is no longer being developed, so don't waste your money on it

(nevermind, apparently they updated it for SL, but last I checked a couple of months ago, they didn't release updates since 2007 or so)

You don't need one. Just delete the app.

Uninstaller programs just remove .plist files that may have been left behind by the app. They're only a few KB, nothing that'll bog your system down.

If you're anal about it, get AppTrap. Whenever you delete an application, it'll automatically scan for any remaining associated files and ask you if you'd like to delete them as well.

You don't need one. Just delete the app.

Uninstaller programs just remove .plist files that may have been left behind by the app. They're only a few KB, nothing that'll bog your system down.

If you're anal about it, get AppTrap. Whenever you delete an application, it'll automatically scan for any remaining associated files and ask you if you'd like to delete them as well.
AppCleaner does the same, but you have to turn it on in options (an option called SafeCleaner or something).

They also remove left over folders and such. Some programs just love to leave a copy of the folder in the Documents folder or something. Can be irritating

I use CCleaner aka Crap Cleaner:eek:. Uninstallers always leave behind "stuff" in the registry. However, oft times that can be of no consequence & you would not need a utility as CCleaner ... but when you do .. you do.

I use CCleaner aka Crap Cleaner:eek:. Uninstallers always leave behind "stuff" in the registry. However, oft times that can be of no consequence & you would not need a utility as CCleaner ... but when you do .. you do.

This is Mac :p no CCleaner for Macs

AppCleaner does the same, but you have to turn it on in options (an option called SafeCleaner or something).

They also remove left over folders and such. Some programs just love to leave a copy of the folder in the Documents folder or something. Can be irritating

AppTrap does all of that without needing to launch an external program. You delete the app, AppTrap opens a window after scanning asking if you want to move the leftover files to the trash bin as well.

AppTrap does all of that without needing to launch an external program. You delete the app, AppTrap opens a window after scanning asking if you want to move the leftover files to the trash bin as well.

You don't need to launch AppCleaner either. It stays closed and does the same as AppTrap. You drag an app to the trash can and a message pops up asking if you want to delete the left overs.

I prefer AppCleaner simply because it gets updated fairly often. AppTrap hasn't been updated in a while

I fail to see what updates you might desire from AppTrap. What doesn't it do well enough for your taste?

Frankly I don't know :D I just feel better when a dev updates their apps frequently. Other than that they both seem to do the same job and I can't say one is better or worse at finding left over files

IMO unnecessary, just drag stuff to trash as normal & format the HDD once every 6 months.

Frankly I don't know :D I just feel better when a dev updates their apps frequently. Other than that they both seem to do the same job and I can't say one is better or worse at finding left over files

AppTrap seems more convenient to me. I don't fault you for going with AppCleaner, I just think AppTrap is a tad more convenient.

IMO unnecessary, just drag stuff to trash as normal & format the HDD once every 6 months.

Reformatting every 6 months is unnecessary, too.

Back