Uninstalled ULI SATA (Chipset?) entry from Add/Remove in Safe Mode. BSOD Now.

cide_

Limp Gawd
Unfortunatly the Nvidia Problem I was having last night caused me to do a potentially unwise last-resort troubleshooting step in order to make things work. I exchanged my GeForce 8800GTX today for the exact card, I will install it when I am off work in a few hours

However,

Before bed I uninstalled my Uli SATA Entry in Add/remove because it was reference to the ULI Chipset. I did this because I wanted to do a driver clean with the "ULI" filter to make sure it wasnt my board. (Eliminate all avenues)

It asked me to reboot ( I Uninstalled via safe mode ) when I restarted, I get Inaccessable Boot Device, Stop code 0x0000007B --- I have tried last known good, safe mode, etc.

I just got my OS finnally finished after getting my new board 2 weeks ago, it takes me that long to customize everything to my l337 liking.

I would rather spend a few hours troubleshooting or doing something advanced to make it work, Because I know my system was booting PERFECTLY before I uninstalled the ULI Thing. Now its a BSOD everytime, so it should be something relativly simple to fix, right?

I might have to post this as a new post if no one replies, Hopefully not though, I dont like posting so much, but I REALLY apprecaite the time, Thank you all for your input.

So far, I've talked to almost all of the other L2's here at Dell, they were clueless or suggested things like fixmbr, fixboot, and/or Repair install (I don't want to do that.)

I am wondering if I could make a expendable xp install on one of my spare drives via the removable bay and just boot from that, And once in, Install the drivers to the C drive rather then whatever letter the expendable XP install would be. I dont know though, if the driver/device is still registered to boot off (If it is, thats why it BSOD because the driver files were deleted via a potentially crappy uninstallation program.)

Please, any suggestions short of an OSRI / Repair install would be largely effective in conducing the amount of aggrivated agony I may experiance later on this evening.

Now is the chance to flex those braincells of yours, And it will do you good too. A more active brain leads to a healthier brain in later adulthood and old age, which means better vision control, as well as bodily control --- which for us, means the same enjoyment we've been having with computers, and technology, short of maybe the same enjoyment of games or sounds, but by the time we're old men we will have the technology to correct such impairments.
(Sorry for stringing off topic, but Its a good thought anyways..)

TO whomever decides to post to this, Thanks for taking the time. I'd do it for someone else in the future too.

Back