Unigine Needs Your Help Testing Out Their New Hardware Detection

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
For those who are unaware, Unigine is a cross-platform game engine that powers a number of tech demos included with the Phoronix Test Suite, an open-source benchmark for Linux and other systems. The company behind the engine is currently working on a new one called Superposition, and they are inviting users to try the latest version so the developers can confirm how well it works, particularly when it comes to identifying your hardware correctly.

Unigine Superposition was supposed to be released in Q4 but was pushed back to Q1. I've already run it internally and found it to be exquisite. Really beautiful and demanding benchmark, I am very excited for its GA release and at that time will be a ton of Linux GPU/driver benchmarks for this brand new test case. Anyhow, in gearing up for it to be released, Unigine Corp is seeking feedback from the community by running their new hardware detection script on your system. For both Windows and Linux they have rewritten their hardware detection algorithm. They want to make sure it's working well across a wide-range of systems. Thus if you have a few moments to spare on your Linux (or Windows) system, they are looking for your help to run their hardware detector script and email them the generated log files.

I wonder if it can identify my dual Xeon and and s7000 combo.... Runing on a kvm hypervisor...

I wonder if it can identify my dual Xeon and and s7000 combo.... Runing on a kvm hypervisor...

lol.

The dual Xeon and s7000 and Firepro card arent that unrealistic to get working eventually, but hypervisors can throw a wrench into things.

It seems to work pretty well, it got both GPU's (Intel and NVidia) on my Surface Book.

lol.

The dual Xeon and s7000 and Firepro card arent that unrealistic to get working eventually, but hypervisors can throw a wrench into things.

true but the s7000 is a strange card it acts like a normal w7000 because i flashed it but it seems to ba a very rare card in its normal form

How should we test it when it's not available for download yet? Any hidden way to participate?

How should we test it when it's not available for download yet? Any hidden way to participate?
Go to the linked facebook posting (you don't need an account) and it gives you instructions.

I had a problem running this on Win10 14986. I had to kill 'smartscreen.exe' to have the program finish.

It got my hardware right. i5-2500k, GTX Titan X, 12gb of ram

Go to the linked facebook posting (you don't need an account) and it gives you instructions.

I had a problem running this on Win10 14986. I had to kill 'smartscreen.exe' to have the program finish.

If you click the little "more info" then a "Run Anyway" button will show up.

why? in case you cant scroll up? I linked that in post #13 and you can see it in post 14...

Their leaderboard isn't up yet, found this for comparison: http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8134/unigine-superposition-benchmark-new-gpu-crusher/index.html

At max settings at 4k on my sig rig, slide show 7 - 9.5 FPS, but my numbers fall in line with these:

upload_2017-4-11_22-16-2.png

No SLI scaling it would appear, not surprising as I guess there's no profile assuming this is DX 11.

I've tried it with my aging work rig. I excepted worse.
Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_5132_1491984782.png

1080medium.png 1080 high.png 1080extreme.png 4koptimized.png 8koptimized.png

With rig in sig. Will be interesting comparing performance with future cards in 8k.

Back