Unifi Access Points - UAP Pro vs UAP-AC

BigBadAl

Limp Gawd
Morning all,

been mooching about at Unifi access points, what can I say, I like them!?

My original purchase was for a Unifi UAP-LR, then I acquired a Unifi UAP-Pro, looking at some more UAP-Pros but they are like £150 - £160 for a single but the UAP-AC's are like £20- £30 cheaper.

Question is, why? I am aware of the 'instability' or 'not-quite-ready-ness' of the AC's and the Pro I have has been rock solid, is this the reason for the difference in price?

Is there any real benefit of the AC over the Pro? both are 2.4 and 5Ghz, but some of the AC's boast upto 1700 -- 1900mb/sec throughput but obviously I'd need AC adapters in anything I'd want AC connectivity on.

Anyway, just wondering why the price difference, certainly here in the UK anyway.

Thanks

As you were!:D

I have the new UAP-AC-PRO... Loving it. I pre-ordered it in November, didn't get it until January.

Sadly I don't have any AC devices to test it, but it's been rock solid and easy to use.

I used to have a UniFi AP (the original n based one), that was always stable and easy to use too, I set that up at my dad's house now.

The old UAP PRO was riddled with flaws from what I hear, I would avoid it. It's more expensive, older, and I haven't heard anything good about it.

........The old UAP PRO was riddled with flaws from what I hear, I would avoid it. It's more expensive, older, and I haven't heard anything good about it.

Really!? I'm quite surprised, I have one and it has been rock solid, never a single hiccup since i installed it 18 months to 2 years ago....

It is beyond me though why they're more expensive though.

Ah well, such is life I suppose.

AC pro it is then I think...

Thanks

I used to have a UniFi AP (the original n based one), that was always stable and easy to use too, I set that up at my dad's house now.

The old UAP PRO was riddled with flaws from what I hear, I would avoid it. It's more expensive, older, and I haven't heard anything good about it.

I think you're thinking of the older gen AC units, AFAIK the LR/non-pro/pro have been the golden children and the AC units the snotty single kid that doesn't get along with anyone.

:cool:

The "UniFi AC" is what I was thinking of (the square one). If later revisions / firmware updates that may be possible, but I know at least initially they did not hold up to their N-based units at the time.

That's been fixed with their next series of AC-enabled units.

Back