Unidentified WinXP service: "sugo3 Status Monitor Service"

Nugget

Weaksauce
After installing the latest annoying Quicktime update, I went through the Apple-purging ritual, deleting the unrequested Quick Launch icon and disabling the qttask service. This time I noticed a new service I hadn't seen before:

servicesqu5.jpg

I ran Ad-Aware and AVG scans, neither picked up anything. Any ideas what "sugo3 Status Monitor Service" is?

virus or spy/adware. run HJT and remove the entry then delete the file c:/program.exe

Weird. I just did what I should've done from the start, which was to use Google Desktop to check for related files. It looks like the process is related to the new Samsung laser printer I just installed.

Thing is, HiJackThis reports that the service's owner is unknown (in contrast to, say, Zonealarm, Google Desktop, and AVG services, which all report the correct company), and I'd expect Samsung to be more responsible/competent than that.

Also, you were right about the Program.exe thing, but in weird way. The HJT log reports:

O23 - Service: sugo3 Status Monitor Service (SM_sugo3_FUService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program.exe (file missing)

Sure enough, there's no Program.exe in the root directory, so now I'm really confused.

thats usually because the service isn't running. but if it has something to do with your new printer then i would leave it alone.

Well, I think it is -- based solely on some filename associations. Is there some way to verify which file the process actually refers to? After all, if "C:\Program.exe" doesn't exist, it's got be executing from somewhere else.

when i googled it, the only things i found had to do with virus, spyware, adware help.

Back