Unicomp Tenkeyless (IBM SSK) Preorder

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
Oh that's nice.. considering that the originals I have seen on eBay are put up for an asking price of 2-4x that much.

mlcarson

Limp Gawd
I'm getting one of these. I have one of the spacesaver model M's but really prefer the tenkeyless which haven't been available until now.

LightsOut41

Limp Gawd
Thanks for posting. I've always wanted a Model M SSK so this fits the bill. Pre-ordered today.

Panel

Limp Gawd
I have an actual Model M SSK, but only 4 lower modifier keys isn’t enough, which makes me want to pick this up. It doesn’t look like it’ll be making the March timeline, though.

LightsOut41

Limp Gawd
Another delay. From Unicomp's FB page:

Just a quick update on the Mini M development progress. I had forecast we would be shipping by the end of June but unfortunately, we are not going to make it. The good news is I'm typing this update on the first functional model. The firmware is buggy still and not full function, i.e. no embedded numpad among other things, but we're making reasonable progress. There are lots of "distractions" which tend to syphon time away Mini M development, like paying customers that want a New Model M in a European language or Mac version. Or dealing with the latest COVID-19 driven change to the assembly floor and assembly process among all the normal production related challenges. Given the progress made over the last two months, I think we are at least two months away from first production. I hope you can hang in there with us. We appreciate your patience.