Unfortunately it is time to go.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Righteous

2[H]4U
I swear, Ever since Kyle left this site has gone to sh*t.
Nobody has a sense of humor anymore and acts offended at everything.
There use to be civil discussions of politics and religion all the time but no more.
And you can't post anything now without someone pissing their pants.
I've been on this forum for 12 years and but I'm done. It has become a waste of time.

DogsofJune

2[H]4U
I give it two days and he'll be back. Dr. Righteous that is, I dunno about that Kyle fella..... But I sense Kyle may be nearer than we think.
It's probably going to be another complaint about censorship to the FCC. Of course Microsoft wasn't involved, or was it?

Vaya con dios Dr.

drklu

2[H]4U
I wouldn't worry too much about a warning. Maybe just rein in the politics to the sub forum they belong in. I've found [H]ard to have some really smart people who are willing to lend a hand for complete strangers and even at times donate money directly to people as well as advice for whatever. Good bunch of people and the reason I stick around here. 12 years is a long time and there are lots of people on this forum so don't let a few issues deter you unless its too late for that.

DogsofJune

2[H]4U
I wouldn't worry too much about a warning. Maybe just rein in the politics to the sub forum they belong in. I've found [H]ard to have some really smart people who are willing to lend a hand for complete strangers and even at times donate money directly to people as well as advice for whatever. Good bunch of people and the reason I stick around here. 12 years is a long time and there are lots of people on this forum so don't let a few issues deter you unless its too late for that.
This truly

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
From the rules...

[H]ard|Forum utilizes Xenforo's WARNING system. If you break a rule, you will receive a warning. Warning points are cumulative and last for a month. If three points overlap each other in those 30 days your account will be temporary banned till the oldest warning expires. Warnings expire after 30 days but remain part of your permanent record if that warning was assigned a point(s) to begin with. Only you and the mod/admin team can see the warnings in your profile.

If you receive a warning, your notification will state why. Warnings are based on the forum rules which are subject to change without notice. It is your responsibility to periodically review the rules and remain in compliance with them. Complaining or whining or throwing a temper tantrum about getting a warning, will likely result in you being banned from the forum for a time period totally up to the discretion of the mod or admin you are complaining to.

A warning isn't a huge deal, it just means you broke the rules or did something that was deemed worthy of being warned about by a mod or admin. Learn from it, don't do it again, and all will be fine. The #1 way for established members to be permabanned is by taking up too much administrative overhead by wanting to argue or discuss at length a warning. We simply do not have the time to manage with such granularity.

DogsofJune

2[H]4U
From the rules...

[H]ard|Forum utilizes Xenforo's WARNING system. If you break a rule, you will receive a warning. Warning points are cumulative and last for a month. If three points overlap each other in those 30 days your account will be temporary banned till the oldest warning expires. Warnings expire after 30 days but remain part of your permanent record if that warning was assigned a point(s) to begin with. Only you and the mod/admin team can see the warnings in your profile.

If you receive a warning, your notification will state why. Warnings are based on the forum rules which are subject to change without notice. It is your responsibility to periodically review the rules and remain in compliance with them. Complaining or whining or throwing a temper tantrum about getting a warning, will likely result in you being banned from the forum for a time period totally up to the discretion of the mod or admin you are complaining to.

A warning isn't a huge deal, it just means you broke the rules or did something that was deemed worthy of being warned about by a mod or admin. Learn from it, don't do it again, and all will be fine. The #1 way for established members to be permabanned is by taking up too much administrative overhead by wanting to argue or discuss at length a warning. We simply do not have the time to manage with such granularity.
That's because you never received one.... Sometimes words hurt

I kid, I deserved it

Derangel

[H]ard as it Gets
If he only knew how many warnings some of us have had lol:)
Indeed. Especially those of us that have a bad habit of not thinking before posting things.

Very much this. I’ve learned so much stuff here over the years and would never have become as much of a hardware enthusiast as I am without it. If my lack of filter gets me warnings, so be it. Take it in stride and move on. I probably deserved all the ones that I’ve gotten anyway.

Johnx64

My poof SuX
Are you leaving to go find him? Be our hero and bring him back this place is falling apart without that guy.

Puterguru

2[H]4U
From the rules...

I was banned recently for the first time ever (30 day banhammer) with no warning so. This is a nice improvement, although I have no plans on getting banned again.:)

schizrade

[H]ardness Supreme
Kyle yelled at me once like 15 years ago for something stupid I said. Cant remember what. lol

Susquehannock

2[H]4U
Personally, I have enjoyed reading through several great discussions recently that are totally absent of politics and religion. Soapbox too much perhaps? That place never interested me.

Kyle's not gone. He popped my warning cherry just the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.