Underwhelming Newegg black friday?

triarii3

Gawd
http://promotions.newegg.com/black-friday/2011/11-3466/index.html

all promotions listed

what kind of black friday deals are these? I subscribe to their emails, it seems like these deal are worse than their normal eblasts??!

or did i make some kind of mistake? that these prices will change at midnight?

really underwhelming newegg....really.....

EDIT.

I guess when I first opened up the black friday link, the prices weren't updated for the Black Friday sale(apparently someone F**ked something up internally or their server update was delayed for hours.... . ) I just checked those prices they seemed to have dropped a good amount.
Like the:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card.
which was listed at 149.99 when I checked at 4PM ET. but now it's 89.99 which a actually a great price.

awesome job.

to newegg: someone in your emarketing department is a retarded and probably killed a lot of business for you lol

Last edited:
I've been watching Newegg go down the drain for the past 2 years.

Best deals are the ones that pop up randomly, sometimes Newegg, mostly Amazon, occasionally TigerDirect.

Agreed, they look like the everyday prices on worthless crap they are trying to get rid of.

I don't care for the way they think we're not very smart, raising prices and creating an artificial discount to get what is essentially the usual price. Wow what a deal!

It's like they're mimicking the brick and mortar Black Friday but online.

They don't have to do it again this year but last year they had a "secret" sale (in addition to this lame BF sale) at midnight PST that had the real deals.
The real deals were leaked to slick deals hours before midnight and there were alot speculation if they were real, SD even disabled the post but they were real with pretty good deals.

Well that was a waste of time, I was hoping for a good motherboard deal.

Knew I should have leapt on that P8P67 for 89 bux AR on Amazon from a couple of weeks back...

And yeah, there is a "secret" sale they pop up on the early morning of the 24th.

The 2600k is the same as the price was a few days ago, wouldn't really call that any kind of sale.

Their "deal" on that 6950 is atrocious.

I'm really hoping there's a good GPU deal somewhere this year.

Well the 5970 is a good deal at $300, assuming you do not need more than 1GB of RAM per GPU, care much about tessellation, or need to crossfire further as scaling was mediocre compared to current chips. A Sapphire 5970 is also what I re-learned how to overclock on back in 2010 after being out of the loop for many years; and overclocked was roughly as good as the GTX 580 I am using now.

Last edited:
Just about everything I googled on their BF sale is cheaper or similar priced elsewhere. Either EVERYONE is matching prices, or its old crap everyone is trying to get rid of, or more than likely NewEgg is pulling a NewEgg and comparing the savings vs MSRP which they never sell at anyways.

The 2600k is the same as the price was a few days ago, wouldn't really call that any kind of sale.

Checking camelegg, the 2600K had a $5 increase in price at the end of last month, so the chip is actually more expensive than in the past.

Newegg's Black Friday deals are as hot as a Black Friday in International Falls, MN. :rolleyes:

However I am tempted by the linksys wrt310n, n-router, gigabit ports.. $29.95 (NOT recertified)

Most of the prices I found were more expensive than Amazon:(
You guys beat me to it!

Well, at least they're giving away free jokes with every click of that link.

I got the corsair 16gb low profile vengeance kit. $60 for RAM that works with high end coolers is nice.

I got the corsair 16gb low profile vengeance kit. $60 for RAM that works with high end coolers is nice.

I've seen that RAM increase in price over the last few months from $40 to $45, then to $50, and up to $60. WTF, NE?

I've seen that RAM increase in price over the last few months from $40 to $45, then to $50, and up to $60. WTF, NE?

I checked slickdeals and I don't think it's been this inexpensive before. I found 8GB kits of it for $50, but not 16GB kits.

I think your thinking of an 8GB kit because I haven't seen any 16GB Corsair Vengeance for $40. This is the lowest price I've seen for a 16GB kit of DDR3 1600Mhz.

Well, prices should be going up due to all the crap going on in Asia. Thailand had a bunch of factories get flooded or something if I remember right.

That would mainly be flooded out Thai factories making mechanical hard drive factories leading to price increases. RAM still seems to be dropping, but unless you have either 4GB or 6GB or are building a new rig... why upgrade?

It's not the real black friday sale... they will shoot off an email hours in advance of the sale with a count down timer (normally 12:01 PST thanksgiving night) ... It's been done the same for the past couple years so I don't see why they would change that now

blackfriday.png

Last edited:
I think your thinking of an 8GB kit because I haven't seen any 16GB Corsair Vengeance for $40. This is the lowest price I've seen for a 16GB kit of DDR3 1600Mhz.

Oh sheesh... yes, I was thinking of the 8GB kit. $60 for low-pro 16GB is AMAZING!

Oh sheesh... yes, I was thinking of the 8GB kit. $60 for low-pro 16GB is AMAZING!

Well, I noticed something weird on this.

Newegg posted their list of 'deals' before the sale prices went into effect.

The 'sale' prices didn't show up on the items in the list until 3pm PST - which was more than an hour after they sent out the email.

So...that was weird.

But it's the "real deals", now (not counting, of course, the midnight on Friday stuff - whatever that will be).

Still, I find a couple nice bits in there. I've been about to pick up a 2600K for a while, now, even at the regular price...and the $20 Newegg gift card is as good as cash to me. And I picked up a Shuttle XPC for something like 25% off after rebate. So not too shabby, there.

I can honestly say I haven't shopped at the Egg for over a year. Amazon prices, plus free 2-day shipping, destroy the Egg's policies and Amazon's return policy and CS is far better.

To be fair, everybody's bf deals suck this year, at least from what I've seen. There isn't one thing I'm waiting to pounce one this time.

I looked over the 4 pages of junk that Newegg is hawking. With the economy headed directly into a spiral...I don't believe this is the end of what you're going to see for BF deals.

If it is, I'll be very surprised.

I don't just play a financial analyst on TV, I'm one in real life. We're already over the cliff.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Maybe I'm a bit too optimistic but I'm certain Newegg will have much better deals on Friday. Come on now, do you guys really think today (Wednesday) they would pull out all the big guns when nobody else is?

So, I just noticed that the deal on that 6950 updated. It was showing $269, $279 - something like that. It's now $229, which is at least a reasonable price for the card.

Not a great deal considering you can get a similar 6950 2GB for cheaper after rebate right now, but this one does have the firmware switch and no MIRs so it might be to somebody's liking. I'm still on the fence.

Back