Underpaid and Exhausted: The Human Cost of Your Kindle

I read somewhere Africa will be the next manufacturing nation once the Chinese open their eyes.
Africa is a continent not a nation. Can you be more specific? It wouldn't surprise me as I've read that Vietnam is already stealing business from China. Africa, though, has many places that are definetely to unstable to provide a safe environment to host a stable manufacturing environment.

Africa is a continent not a nation. Can you be more specific? It wouldn't surprise me as I've read that Vietnam is already stealing business from China. Africa, though, has many places that are definetely to unstable to provide a safe environment to host a stable manufacturing environment.

We all knew what Flybye meant. you can basically lump the entire continent, with the exception of a couple of countries such as South Africa and Egypt under the heading "underdeveloped candidates for exploitation of cheap labor".

The problem in Africa is the lack of infrastructure, the lack of stability and the rampant corruption that cripples efforts to fix the first two problems. A Likely solution is for China to make client states of some of these countries, preferably one with hard to obtain resources such as Lanthanum Cerium and Neodymium and move in substantial security forces to protect it's "investment".

The problem in Africa is the lack of infrastructure, the lack of stability and the rampant corruption that cripples efforts to fix the first two problems. A Likely solution is for China to make client states of some of these countries, preferably one with hard to obtain resources such as Lanthanum Cerium and Neodymium and move in substantial security forces to protect it's "investment".
Except now you will get the ire of the PC police if you say something like "God damn cheap African crap!"

We all knew what Flybye meant. you can basically lump the entire continent, with the exception of a couple of countries such as South Africa and Egypt under the heading "underdeveloped candidates for exploitation of cheap labor".

I didn't even think of that. China could, indeed, get involved in it's own never ending series of Vietnams. With 2 nuclear armed billion population countries on it's borders. A third with far superior weaponry. The again, with enough force, America would make a much better client state.
There are still lots of more stable countries with cheap labor for business to move in to.

If they don't get large orders from Amazon, they can probably shrug and sell them right in Asia. The conditions for workers didn't improve. People in India buy gadgets.

Entitled Americans? The article was from a British newspaper. Americans work an average of 47 hours per week.

The British don't work past dark, they are afraid of getting stabbed and then being arrested for littering.

Back