Uncle Sam to Strap Body Sensors to Hackers in Nuke Lab Security Study

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
The US Department of Defense is funding research into how hackers hack, with an interesting twist. It wants to wire them up with body monitoring equipment to measure how they react while hunting down and exploiting security flaws. I'm not really sure this will give the US any real insight into hackers, but the rest of the testing is interesting and should provide useful data regarding hacking.

Infosec professionals recruited for the research will each be given two days to participate in a standard capture-the-flag competition – in which hackers race to compromise secured systems – using Kali Linux laptops, as well as solving some puzzles and filling in questionnaires.

Last edited:
Ummm... why are my tax dollars being spent on this?

I'm not really sure this will give the US any real incite into hackers

And "incite" is the incorrect word. That is as in "inciting violence".

The correct word would have been "insight".

Ummm... why are my tax dollars being spent on this?

And "incite" is the incorrect word. That is as in "inciting violence".

The correct word would have been "insight".

Good catch. Thanks,

seems stupid, but not the worst waste of taxpayer dollars by any stretch

to determine which sort of supplementary drugs to give the gov hackers , of course.
and as a screen for recruiting the elites of the elites.
and to determine when to cycle personnel

What's that? Recording the bio-metrics and behavior patterns someone actively seeking to compromise a network? Sounds to me like they are looking for ways to spot when their employees are going rogue...

The US Gov. really doesn't trust its hackers, which by US law are criminals.

Entities that don't trust others, are usually entities doing questionable actions themselves.

Back