Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

When people compare it to TR reboot it make me worry, is there the camping, crafting, RPG aspect, that for me just fill in the way of actually playing the game to make the game less short ? by the way is there a mod to skip all of it and simply go on with the TR games ?
Uncharted doesn't have the RPG-lite or Survival-lite mechanics that the Tomb Raider reboot does.

Uncharted and Tomb Raider are copycats of Pitfall? ;) ...anyone remember Pitfall from the Atari 2600? :D

When people compare it to TR reboot it make me worry, is there the camping, crafting, RPG aspect, that for me just fill in the way of actually playing the game to make the game less short ? by the way is there a mod to skip all of it and simply go on with the TR games ?
No, it has none of that. It's just more of the climbing/action/stealth aspects that feel very similar.

when people compare it to the Uncharted games they mean it's more cinematic...the TR reboot trilogy made the games feel more like a movie versus the originals

when people compare it to the Uncharted games they mean it's more cinematic...the TR reboot trilogy made the games feel more like a movie versus the originals
The gameplay is pretty similar between them, IMO. Uncharted 4 generally has more 'cinematic sequences' so to speak, but the player controlled sections are VERY similar between them. Meaning, the combat/stealth/climbing.

However, if I had to generally look at the three TR reboot games, and the Uncharted 4 games - I'd still rate Rise of the Tomb Raider #1, as I really appreciated the horror elements to it. I'd rate Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy after that.

Graphically, Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy are just amazing. There are some areas that just totally blow you away in terms of the scope and level of detail, even more so when you consider these games came out basically 6 years ago at this point.

I only played the recent Tomb Raider reboot games and Uncharted 4, not the Lost Legacy yet. Here is how those are similar:

- Combat
- Climbing
- Settings and exploration
- Theme and story similarities
- Exploration is limited
- Story focused
- Have old artifacts that you can pick up and inspect, but in Uncharted 4 there was no dialogue associated with it. Unless I somehow missed it on all the items I picked up

Where they differ:

- Tomb Raider has hub areas, Uncharted doesn't
- Uncharted has more and longer dialogue sections
- Uncharted has a stronger focus on side characters that are more detailed, Tomb Raider's side characters are forgettable. I actually forgot who Jonah was at the start of Shadow.
- Tomb Raider has a crafting and survival aspect, which isn't too overbearing
- Tomb Raider's puzzles are often more physically interactive and involve parkour. Uncharted 4 is more about figuring out a pattern in your journal and then aligning something with your hand.

The side cast in Uncharted 4 blows away what Tomb Raider had. I think the impact would have been a lot bigger if I played the previous games, but you still get a feel of who the people are and how they matter. They simply have more depth and screen time. Gameplay is similar, might give an edge to Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise. They're both 3rd person shooters so they're meh, but Uncharted's cover system is a bit sticky and the point of aim, impact and camera angle is poorly done. So sometimes the combat feels fairly bad.

Uncharted is very linear, while Tomb Raider has linear sections and then hub areas.

I liked both takes on the same formula. They're clearly very similar games but they have enough differences to standout.

Overall I'd probably rate them:

- Tomb Raider 2013
- Uncharted 4 / Rise
- Shadow

I only played the recent Tomb Raider reboot games and Uncharted 4, not the Lost Legacy yet. Here is how those are similar:

- Combat
- Climbing
- Settings and exploration
- Theme and story similarities
- Exploration is limited
- Story focused
- Have old artifacts that you can pick up and inspect, but in Uncharted 4 there was no dialogue associated with it. Unless I somehow missed it on all the items I picked up

Where they differ:

- Tomb Raider has hub areas, Uncharted doesn't
- Uncharted has more and longer dialogue sections
- Uncharted has a stronger focus on side characters that are more detailed, Tomb Raider's side characters are forgettable. I actually forgot who Jonah was at the start of Shadow.
- Tomb Raider has a crafting and survival aspect, which isn't too overbearing
- Tomb Raider's puzzles are often more physically interactive and involve parkour. Uncharted 4 is more about figuring out a pattern in your journal and then aligning something with your hand.

The side cast in Uncharted 4 blows away what Tomb Raider had. I think the impact would have been a lot bigger if I played the previous games, but you still get a feel of who the people are and how they matter. They simply have more depth and screen time. Gameplay is similar, might give an edge to Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise. They're both 3rd person shooters so they're meh, but Uncharted's cover system is a bit sticky and the point of aim, impact and camera angle is poorly done. So sometimes the combat feels fairly bad.

Uncharted is very linear, while Tomb Raider has linear sections and then hub areas.

I liked both takes on the same formula. They're clearly very similar games but they have enough differences to standout.

Overall I'd probably rate them:

- Tomb Raider 2013
- Uncharted 4 / Rise
- Shadow
You rated TR 2013 above Rise? That is an interesting take.

Better story, more character building, better support characters. I like the mix of more smaller hubs as well. Rise was still good though. Shadow, that was a let down.

Just finished Uncharted 4, and I gotta say what a game!
There is a whole bunch of Tomb Raider, a sprinkling of National Treasure and a little bit of a Michael Bay movie is this game.
Also, Nate has to have the slickest boots of all time. He just loves throwing himself face first into the dirt and mud, climbing up a hill. :LOL:

On to Lost Legacy. I hope it's as entertaining as 4 was.

There is a whole bunch of Tomb Raider, a sprinkling of National Treasure and a little bit of a Michael Bay movie is this game.
Also, Nate has to have the slickest boots of all time. He just loves throwing himself face first into the dirt and mud, climbing up a hill. :LOL:

Lost Legacy is closer to the older games in terms of gameplay to story balance. There aren't any extended "playable cutscene" sequences and the shooting/puzzle elements are more frequent. There is a large open area that's kinda unique for the series, though. I actually prefer it to 4, although it's way shorter.

have you played the first 3 Uncharted games?...if you never played any of them then I can understand calling UC4 the best...for me I enjoyed UC2 the best...UC4 had the best graphics but the gameplay wasn't as good

have you played the first 3 Uncharted games?...if you never played any of them then I can understand calling UC4 the best...for me I enjoyed UC2 the best...UC4 had the best graphics but the gameplay wasn't as good
Negative. This is the first Uncharted game for me.

The last tomb Raider was like a box opening simulator. I think it had 4 fights and 20 chapters of going around opening boxes lol.

I really liked Lost Legacy. The story was good, the graphics were amazing, the size of the game was the right one and I can listen to Chloe talk all day. Not many women will fall in that category.

I really liked Lost Legacy. The story was good, the graphics were amazing, the size of the game was the right one and I can listen to Chloe talk all day. Not many women will fall in that category.
I just started it today. I knew that Chloe was Claudia Black as soon as she opened her mouth!
I've seen enough of Farscape, Stargate SG1(the later seasons) and Pitch Black to know her voice anywhere!

I rated them about the same. TR2013 has better story, Rise has better gameplay and puzzles.
I had the unique experience of playing Lost Legacy just after I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, and I have to say Uncharted felt like a smaller, slightly worse ripoff of ROTTR.

I rated them about the same. TR2013 has better story, Rise has better gameplay and puzzles.
I had the unique experience of playing Lost Legacy just after I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, and I have to say Uncharted felt like a smaller, slightly worse ripoff of ROTTR.

I believe it is the other way around. The new TR games drew inspiration from Uncharted. I only ever played Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy and the last 3 TR games though so I can't confirm myself.

Uncharted 1 came out in 2007. The tomb raider reboot was 2013. So yea TR took a lot of inspirations from UC.

Uncharted 1 came out in 2007. The tomb raider reboot was 2013. So yea TR took a lot of inspirations from UC.

but if uncharted was a rip off of tomb raider.... ;)
i should give these a try some time. if theyre anything like the new tomb raiders id probably like them.

I'm not blaming anyone for copying the other. I think originality is overrated anyway. Nothing is original, something can be new to you, but it is always inspired by something else. Uncharted didn't just come out of nothing, neither did Tomb Raider in 1996.

I think the best a developer can do, is take an idea and make a better game based on it.

Even though Shadow really was a box opening simulator (15 hours of gathering gear for like 4 fights), the previous two games were good. I think the Uncharted and Tomb Raider games both borrowed from one another during that period. There's no reason you can't enjoy both franchises.

It's kinda sad that Uncharted 1-3 are unlikely to ever make it to the PC. At least assuming they don't go full-on "The Last of Us Part 1" and remaster the games a second time. That would probably be a lot of work for 3 full games, so I don't see it happening. I guess PS3 emulation is getting better every day?

I'm not blaming anyone for copying the other. I think originality is overrated anyway. Nothing is original, something can be new to you, but it is always inspired by something else. Uncharted didn't just come out of nothing, neither did Tomb Raider in 1996.

I think the best a developer can do, is take an idea and make a better game based on it.
Of course. You can accuse UC for stealing the climbing mechanics from the Assassin Creed games. Even tho AC came out only a week earlier!

Of course. You can accuse UC for stealing the climbing mechanics from the Assassin Creed games. Even tho AC came out only a week earlier!
My point was not about who copied who. I said it felt like a worse ripoff. Nuance matters. And regardless of the TR reboot coming after Uncharted that doesn't prevent Lost Legacy from taking ideas from Rise of the Tomb Raider, which came out 2 years earlier than it. But even if all tomb raider games came out after Uncharted 4, that doesn't change my opinion that Lost Legacy felt like a slightly worse copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

My point was not about who copied who. I said it felt like a worse ripoff. Nuance matters. And regardless of the TR reboot coming after Uncharted that doesn't prevent Lost Legacy from taking ideas from Rise of the Tomb Raider, which came out 2 years earlier than it. But even if all tomb raider games came out after Uncharted 4, that doesn't change my opinion that Lost Legacy felt like a slightly worse copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I think copy or knock off isn't the right term to use. At least for the base Uncharted 4 game. TR has a survival and crafting aspect that Uncharted doesn't have. Character interactions are much longer in Uncharted as well. And better. Uncharted 4 / Lost Legacy had weak puzzles that were hardly interactive. Tomb Raider puzzles were generally more grand in scale and interaction.

They're similar on the surface without a doubt but once you think about how they actually play out there are some fairly noteworthy differences. Lost Legacy was a bit more similar to TR because it was based around a hub area but the rest still stands.

The game is currently on sale on steam, so grab it if you want.
I bought it, so maybe I'll play when, say, the rtx 3080 comes at a low price, and that might be when the rtx 5000 series comes out.

It's 34.99 euros on Steam,ok price considering that the series is one of the best for playstation 4.

I am playing through it on a 1080ti, there are no graphical options which require an RTX enabled card unless you just want faster frames generally.

What is recommended to play first in Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection? Is A Thiefs end or a lost legacy?
I think someone already wrote that but I forgot,Thanks in advance

Surprised they actually fixed it lol, everyone thought it was abandoned, they fixed it on Last of Us and it seems this was left behind.

Back