Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

DLSS Quality although DLSS off is 90fps anyway but with it on it's 180~ fps, framelocked to 120 in RTSS. A superb port, so smooth and excellent response from both mouse/keyboard and general mechanics. Visually stunning in many places too and the ragdoll and facial animations and details look quite incredible.

Also, DLSS Sharpness defaults to 65 or so, doesn't look bad like in other games (God of War) where if you move the camera slowly, the texture details shimmer slightly at a pixel level even if the DLSS sharpness is set to a value of 1. Pretty awesome stuff.

I played Uncharted from the 2014 PS3 days, glad I held off getting a PS4 to play the later games.

System utilisation and consistency is the same regardless of what is happening in-game, a sign of excellent optimisation. My E-core 1 is doing some things with background apps, whilst the P-Cores appear to not need to do much work at 3440x1440. This is Days Gone levels of optimisation

Stats.jpg

Glorious screenshots:

u4_2022_10_19_17_06_01_672.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_17_24_18_206.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_17_32_21_267.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_17_35_10_329.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_17_42_32_885.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_17_47_08_445.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_17_47_20_417.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_17_57_23_290.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_17_58_35_779.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_01_15_838.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_04_40_438.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_22_43_396.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_28_27_388.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_30_48_068.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_35_56_039.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_37_16_776.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_37_23_156.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_37_38_928.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_38_34_261.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_47_21_360.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_47_28_814.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_48_08_692.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_49_00_597.jpg

u4_2022_10_19_18_50_07_764.jpg

Commenting on the release of Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection for PC, developer Naughty Dog explains why they left out the first three games (now available as The Nathan Drake Collection package on PS4) as well as reflecting on the studio’s first PC launch, and why it’s such an important step forward for the studio...

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted_legacy_of_thieves_collection_pc_launch

Commenting on the release of Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection for PC, developer Naught Dog explained why they left out the first three games (now available as The Nathan Drake Collection package on PS4) as well as reflecting on the studio’s first PC launch, and why it’s such an important step forward for the studio...

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted_legacy_of_thieves_collection_pc_launch
I don't care how the games look, I just want to be able to play them on my PC...

I don't care how the games look, I just want to be able to play them on my PC...
This.
I've never been able to play them since I haven't owned a console since the PS1.
So I'm excited to see what all the hype is about.

The Nathan Drake Collection games look fine as-is on the PS4/PS5. Even a bare bones port that looks/runs no better would be well served on the PC. Wild guess, they probably looked at the effort that would require vs. the projected sales #'s and figured it wouldn't be worthwhile. Especially knowing PC gamers would complain that there was no 4K/120/HDR/RTX option.

Going from the above screen shots the game looks good, but you can see how it is dated when looking at those clearly flat and 2D looking trees. They put a lot of attention and detail to things that matter the most but you can see where it was designed around dated console hardware.

Yeah it still looks good but it is showing its age just a bit. It is funny that some of the better looking games on PC are just spruced up PS4 games.

Performance wise it is running pretty good but more demanding than I thought it would be. And I do wish there was a fullscreen mode so I could use DLDSR.

Last edited:
yeah the screenshots posted above don't really look all that different from how I remember the PS4 version looked when I played it...I'm sure there are higher-res textures and other graphical improvements but it doesn't look like a major difference...it sounds like an excellent port and well worth a purchase but mainly for those that never played the games...for everyone else it might be best to wait for a sale

Yeah it still looks good but it is showing its age just a bit. It is funny that some of the better looking games on PC are just spruced up PS4 games.

Performance wise it is running pretty good but more demanding than I thought it would be. And I do wish there was a fullscreen mode so I could use DLDSR.
It's baffling that there is no exclusive fullscreen mode. Iron Galaxy seems to be doing a poorer job at PC ports compared to Nixxes.

I got this for free with a CPU but I’m not sure if I should play it now or go play the other ones on PS5 first. If I need to play the other ones first I’ll get to this game in a year or two.

I got this for free with a CPU but I’m not sure if I should play it now or go play the other ones on PS5 first. If I need to play the other ones first I’ll get to this game in a year or two.

If you have access to the other ones on PS5 (I think the collection is one of the free PSN games all PS5 buyers get?), I'd play those first. This one is okay on its own, but there are plenty of callbacks and nods toward what happened in the earlier games. Plus, honestly, I still think Uncharted 4 is the least fun game in the series. The graphics, story, acting, etc. are top notch but you're essentially playing cut-scenes for 1/3 of this one.

you don't really need to play the other games first...the earlier games are the best games in the series but you don't need to have played them to understand or appreciate Uncharted 4 or Lost Legacy

All the games are pretty much a self-contained story. I think the only thing you can possibly miss are references to characters that the writers expect players to get from playing previous games. One thing I take issue with in 4 is the abundance of cut scenes. The gameplay sequences in parts of the game are broken up frequently with cutscenes. The first game isn't at all like that despite the premise always being close to a movie. The gameplay sequences in the first game are long and enjoyable.

Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection Sony's weakest PC launch

At the time of writing, the game's highest concurrent player peak (via SteamDB) is 10,851...in comparison, Horizon Zero Dawn peaked with 56,557 players, while Marvel's Spider-Man has a peak of 66,436 players and the PC release of God of War has a peak player count of 73,529

There are many theories as to why this release has been a little more subdued than others, the most common one being that, despite this being the series' first outing on PC, the collection only includes A Thief's End and The Lost Legacy...the first three Uncharted games are omitted completely from the collection, making this release less desirable for those not familiar with the series...

https://www.eurogamer.net/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection-sonys-weakest-pc-launch

There are many theories as to why this release has been a little more subdued than others, the most common one being that, despite this being the series' first outing on PC, the collection only includes A Thief's End and The Lost Legacy...the first three Uncharted games are omitted completely from the collection, making this release less desirable for those not familiar with the series...

https://www.eurogamer.net/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection-sonys-weakest-pc-launch
I really enjoyed 1 and 2 but by the time 3 rolled around it seemed like the devs just cared about putting in "cool" scenarios and it lost much of it's luster with me. I didn't play Lost Legacy but found A Thief's End to be the weakest of the mainline Uncharted games and didn't even bother finishing it.

I really enjoyed 1 and 2 but by the time 3 rolled around it seemed like the devs just cared about putting in "cool" scenarios and it lost much of it's luster with me. I didn't play Lost Legacy but found A Thief's End to be the weakest of the mainline Uncharted games and didn't even bother finishing it.

the games are just a series of action set pieces in a game wrapper...Uncharted 4 tried to change things up a bit by focusing more on the story and interpersonal relationships but I also thought it was the weakest entry (but the best in terms of visuals)

the games are just a series of action set pieces in a game wrapper...Uncharted 4 tried to change things up a bit by focusing more on the story and interpersonal relationships
Well 1 was almost a corridor shooter then 2 sprinkled in the big, "let's have the player climb a train hanging off the side of a mountain" style pieces. Once it got to three and you were constantly in such situations the seratonin hit was no longer there. Then 4 comes along and it's a lot of cut scenes with gameplay that wasn't memorable to me at all...

4's definitely my least favorite game of the bunch, but it seems to be beloved by a lot of people. I don't think the quality of that game is hurting sales. It's more that they totally whiffed on releasing this with the movie, they're starting with the 5th game in the series (yes, I count Golden Abyss), and there has been minimal promotion after initially acting like this game would be available 9 months ago. It's also still a 6 year old game at its core.

4's definitely my least favorite game of the bunch, but it seems to be beloved by a lot of people. I don't think the quality of that game is hurting sales. It's more that they totally whiffed on releasing this with the movie, they're starting with the 5th game in the series (yes, I count Golden Abyss), and there has been minimal promotion after initially acting like this game would be available 9 months ago. It's also still a 6 year old game at its core.

maybe Uncharted 4 was the first Uncharted game for a lot of players...that's the only explanation for why it got such high reviews compared to the previous games...it was easily the weakest in the series...I personally liked UC2 the best

at least the first 3 games were pretty close in quality and I could see people choosing any one of the three as their favorite but UC4 was clearly a step down...UC4 seemed like Naughty Dog's push to make Uncharted more like The Last of Us (in terms of the focus on the characters versus big action set pieces)

Last edited:
maybe Uncharted 4 was the first Uncharted game for a lot of players...that's the only explanation for why it got such high reviews compared to the previous games...it was easily the weakest in the series...I personally liked UC2 the best

at least the first 3 games were pretty close in quality and I could see people choosing any one of the three as their favorite but UC4 was clearly a step down and Naughty Dog's push to make Uncharted more like The Last of Us (in terms of the focus on the characters versus big action set pieces)
It's no coincidence when Uncharted 4 was made after Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog.

Patch 1.1 released

Aside from general performance and stability improvements, this first update also improves motion blur visibility, and updates the HDR option...in addition, it updates mouse control, and removes the frame rate dependency for mouse camera sensitivity...they are also working on a solution for users with older CPU’s that do not meet the necessary levels of AVX support...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1659420/discussions/0/3461605794223822403/

Patch 1.1 released

they are also working on a solution for users with older CPU’s that do not meet the necessary levels of AVX support...

I wish developers would stop trying to make their games compatible with 10 year old CPU's...having a CPU that supports AVX is not an unreasonable request...I'm not sure how far back AVX support goes but you don't need the absolute latest CPU's to get it...supporting these older CPU's prevents games from truly becoming next-gen showcases

I wish developers would stop trying to make their games compatible with 10 year old CPU's...having a CPU that supports AVX is not an unreasonable request...I'm not sure how far back AVX support goes but you don't need the absolute latest CPU's to get it...supporting these older CPU's prevents games from truly becoming next-gen showcases
Seriously. I is one of the main bitchfests on steam when people's 15 year old CPU is not supported. The rest of their system more then likely doesn't even meet the minimum requirements I bet. These people might as well just get a PS4.

Back to 2011, at least.

Patch 1.1 released

Aside from general performance and stability improvements, this first update also improves motion blur visibility, and updates the HDR option...in addition, it updates mouse control, and removes the frame rate dependency for mouse camera sensitivity...they are also working on a solution for users with older CPU’s that do not meet the necessary levels of AVX support...

According to the comments, that 2mb patch, broke a lot of working setups.
2 steps forward, 4 steps back.

Yeah their all gung ho about fixing AVX, but can't even give you a toggle for DOF or Chromatic Aberration?!?

So finally seen some DLSS shimmering in this now, similar to what I saw on water in some areas of Plague Tale 2:

DLSS_Shimmer_UNCHARTED--Legacy-of-Thieves-Collection-2022.11.10---22.23.gif

And came across an area that bumped up the CPU usage to around 44%, looks like when loads of foliage are blowing in the wind, the CPU is handling that computation, framerate dropped here to 100fps from the 120 cap. Quite pleased that the GPU is in the mid 70s and the GPU fans are spinning at mid rpms so not really too loud. Seems to be a nicely optimised engine for sure.

D--Legacy-of-Thieves-Collection-2022.11.10---22.32.gif

The lighting does something I didn't notice before, even though it's not raytraced, the GI and bounce is nice and dynamic, the way the torch light bouncing off a coloured surface creates illumination of that colour on surrounding walls is really cool. This is the kind of feature that Cyberpunk has but only with RT turned on. Quite the attention to detail has gone into this engine with things like this.

GI.gif

So finally seen some DLSS shimmering in this now, similar to what I saw on water in some areas of Plague Tale 2:

DLSS_Shimmer_UNCHARTED--Legacy-of-Thieves-Collection-2022.11.10---22.23.gif

And came across an area that bumped up the CPU usage to around 44%, looks like when loads of foliage are blowing in the wind, the CPU is handling that computation, framerate dropped here to 100fps from the 120 cap. Quite pleased that the GPU is in the mid 70s and the GPU fans are spinning at mid rpms so not really too loud. Seems to be a nicely optimised engine for sure.

View attachment 525885

The lighting does something I didn't notice before, even though it's not raytraced, the GI and bounce is nice and dynamic, the way the torch light bouncing off a coloured surface creates illumination of that colour on surrounding walls is really cool. This is the kind of feature that Cyberpunk has but only with RT turned on. Quite the attention to detail has gone into this engine with things like this.

View attachment 525886
Yes, games have started doing screen-space global illumination in the past few years. The effect does look pretty good when implemented properly, you just won't get the bounce from surfaces off-screen.

u4.exe Screenshot 2022.11.10 - 19.11.44.48.png

u4.exe Screenshot 2022.11.10 - 21.26.28.09.png
u4.exe Screenshot 2022.11.10 - 22.30.15.28.png
u4.exe Screenshot 2022.11.11 - 11.03.32.76.png
u4.exe Screenshot 2022.11.11 - 14.41.40.06.png

I enjoyed this game. Only played Uncharted 4. Will play the DLC campaign sometime down the line.

Not perfect, but fairly good. it is essentially like the rebooted Tomb Raider series.

I had a blast with both of these games. For what is now a 6–7-year-old game, the graphics blew me away. Yes, it essentially plays like the new tomb raider games. They are so similar in style/gameplay that they honestly feel as though they could be all part of the same game series.

The DLC campaign is worth it as well. It's a fairly full-fledged experience set in India and has some amazing visuals.

I had a blast with both of these games. For what is now a 6–7-year-old game, the graphics blew me away. Yes, it essentially plays like the new tomb raider games. They are so similar in style/gameplay that they honestly feel as though they could be all part of the same game series.

The DLC campaign is worth it as well. It's a fairly full-fledged experience set in India and has some amazing visuals.

You have it a bit backwards: The Tomb Raider games play like Uncharted. The TR reboots drew a lot from the Uncharted games. The first three Uncharted games had already released by the time the first rebooted TR game came out.

You have it a bit backwards: The Tomb Raider games play like Uncharted. The TR reboots drew a lot from the Uncharted games. The first three Uncharted games had already released by the time the first rebooted TR game came out.

I know the original TR games were more puzzle based but how different were they from the reboots?

I know the original TR games were more puzzle based but how different were they from the reboots?
The reboot trilogy has much more shooting. It was compared to Gears of War when it first came out. I don't know if that comparison is fair, though. The original games had a good amount of firefights, as well, but the shooting mechanics were not as polished as they are in the reboot. There is still plenty of platforming and exploration in the reboot trilogy, especially in the last two games. In the first game there is no denying that it took inspiration from Uncharted.

When people compare it to TR reboot it make me worry, is there the camping, crafting, RPG aspect, that for me just fill in the way of actually playing the game to make the game less short ? by the way is there a mod to skip all of it and simply go on with the TR games ?

Back