Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

This. Although I supposes it can be delayed until Q4 on Steam as it says 2022, or they can even change that completely. But so far it seems like Sony is trying to get games working well as most have some technical issues that they patch away later. It seems like they're trying hard to be as likeable as possible, putting it on Steam and not using Denuvo.

However, Sony does own part of Epic and Epic has been talking up the PS5 due to this including showing off UE5 on the PS5 initially. Maybe in the future this relationship will get closer. The possibility of Sony only putting their games on EGS in the future would not be a big shocker to me, but for the time being they're playing it safe which is a good thing.

This. Although I supposes it can be delayed until Q4 on Steam as it says 2022, or they can even change that completely. But so far it seems like Sony is trying to get games working well as most have some technical issues that they patch away later. It seems like they're trying hard to be as likeable as possible, putting it on Steam and not using Denuvo.

However, Sony does own part of Epic and Epic has been talking up the PS5 due to this including showing off UE5 on the PS5 initially. Maybe in the future this relationship will get closer. The possibility of Sony only putting their games on EGS in the future would not be a big shocker to me, but for the time being they're playing it safe which is a good thing.
Sony Corporate made the investments into Epic, and they are just for metaverse nonsense as far as I know. Nothing about video games, PC or otherwise, was mentioned in the press releases.

it doesn't say it'll be an Epic Store exclusive...
If that's so then my bad; work has the site blocked so I couldn't read the release or see the post attachment. EGS has a history of only announcing games if they're exclusive so I was making an assumption.

If that's so then my bad; work has the site blocked so I couldn't read the release or see the post attachment. EGS has a history of only announcing games if they're exclusive so I was making an assumption.
Epic didn't make any announcement. Somebody just noticed that the store page had a release date on it.

20220514_052739.jpg

Yeah they just installed that floor last month they sanded to the barebones put Epoxy on top.

The movie was shockingly decent compared to what I expected. Marky Mark was miscast, but everyone else did a solid job. It doesn't follow the story from the games exactly, but it captures the spirit of things. Most things were loosely borrowed from 3 and 4. It's worth a watch if you like the games at all. Well, unless you're a big fan of Elena...

The movie was shockingly decent compared to what I expected. Marky Mark was miscast, but everyone else did a solid job. It doesn't follow the story from the games exactly, but it captures the spirit of things. Most things were loosely borrowed from 3 and 4. It's worth a watch if you like the games at all. Well, unless you're a big fan of Elena...
Marky Mark would have been a more lore-friendly Drake. Nathan Fillion would have been even better though.

Tom Holland actually worked out just fine for Drake. Since they were going for the "young Drake" storyline, I don't think they could have found a better well-known actor for the role. I'm honestly a little surprised they didn't have him doing more climbing and jumping considering that's probably why they hired him.
With Mark Wahlberg, he felt more like Sam. In fact, that's basically the character he played instead of Sully. The movie version of Sam could have been left out and his clues could have been from literally anyone. Chloe was like a hybrid of the game version of Chloe and Elena and "Braddock" was just a version of Nadine they could kill off. The movie was a success, so it'll be interesting to see if they make a sequel or tweak the characters a little.

A leak on the Epic Games Store has revealed that the long-awaited Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is scheduled to arrive on October 18th...the store page was quickly taken down

Tom Holland actually worked out just fine for Drake. Since they were going for the "young Drake" storyline, I don't think they could have found a better well-known actor for the role. I'm honestly a little surprised they didn't have him doing more climbing and jumping considering that's probably why they hired him.
With Mark Wahlberg, he felt more like Sam. In fact, that's basically the character he played instead of Sully. The movie version of Sam could have been left out and his clues could have been from literally anyone. Chloe was like a hybrid of the game version of Chloe and Elena and "Braddock" was just a version of Nadine they could kill off. The movie was a success, so it'll be interesting to see if they make a sequel or tweak the characters a little.

The movie was typical Hollywood trash, it could have been any brain dead generic action/adventure with a different title and character names and you wouldn't know the difference.

The Critical Drinker did a good job dismantling it.

The movie was typical Hollywood trash, it could have been any brain dead generic action/adventure with a different title and character names and you wouldn't know the difference.

That is what I thought as well, even though I never played any of the games. First half is slow and boring. Characters aren't cast well, their interactions are flat. The guy playing Drake doesn't seem to be in character, but again I've only watched small bits of gameplay from Uncharted games. Still I think that is enough to know they miscast Drake greatly. End got a bit more amusing in a dumb action movie way otherwise I was about to fall asleep partway through. I wouldn't say it is horrible and worth a watch if you have nothing better to do.

I had fun watching it, but it's definitely not a great "Uncharted" movie. Holland could have been alright as Drake, but the script and the director did nothing to help. Wahlberg was horribly miscast as Sully, Sophia Ali was fine as Chloe but all suffered pretty hard under the script and directing. The rest of the cast was...There. Benderas was charming as he always is but had nothing to do. I liked Tati Gabrielle in Netflix's Sabrina series, but her character was ridiculously one-note and bland.

I hear the only redeeming thing about the Uncharted movie was the 4K Dolby Vision picture quality

the PS5 version received a new patch today which added VRR support so I'm sure an official confirmation of the October 18th PC release date is coming very soon...

It's about time they finally got this out the door. Make you wonder why it didn't come out 6 months ago when the franchise was peaking. Either way, I hope the PC version is terrific and it inspires them to port the Nathan Drake Collection, too. I still think Uncharted 4 is the worst game in the series even if the acting/story = the best.

Looking forward to this one. Kind of an odd release schedule. I assume Spider-Man Miles Morales is next later this year, and Last of Us Part 1 is early 2023.

Any mods for first person camera view for the PC version?
You couldn't pay me to play these games in first person. It's not built around that at all, and even if somebody were to mod it to work for it I wouldn't do it. Especially with the amount of sneaking in grass and using the environment you have to be aware of... it's just not doable in first person.

It's about time they finally got this out the door. Make you wonder why it didn't come out 6 months ago when the franchise was peaking. Either way, I hope the PC version is terrific and it inspires them to port the Nathan Drake Collection, too. I still think Uncharted 4 is the worst game in the series even if the acting/story = the best.

My guess is that the port wasn't shaping up to Sony's standards so they delayed it to give Iron Galaxy more time to iron out whatever issues they were having.

I already played the Nathan Drake Collection (remastered version of the first 3 games) and Uncharted 4 on PS4...never played Lost Legacy...if Naughty Dog had released all 4 UC games plus Lost Legacy in one package on PC I would have bought it but as it is now I'll wait for a nice sale

UC4 was also my least favorite UC game (even though it had the best visuals)...should look great on PC but at $49.99 I'll wait a bit (I'm surprised Sony is not charging $59.99)...same with Last of Us Part 1 PC which I also already played

Looking forward to this one. Kind of an odd release schedule. I assume Spider-Man Miles Morales is next later this year, and Last of Us Part 1 is early 2023.

Miles Morales has a Christmas/Winter setting so it makes sense to release it in November/December...I'm hoping Miles Morales comes out in November and Last of Us Part 1 in December but like you I think LoU is only coming in early 2023

as far as unannounced titles, I want to see Horizon Forbidden West in February 2023 (1 year after the console release), Demon's Souls and the Nathan Drake Collection...maybe the reason Sony didn't package all the Uncharted games on PC in 1 giant bundle is the price...they would most likely want to charge more than $69.99 for all 5 games

Last edited:
Miles Morales has a Christmas/Winter setting so it makes sense to release it in November/December...I'm hoping Miles Morales comes out in November and Last of Us Part 1 in December but like you I think LoU is only coming in early 2023

as far as unannounced titles, I want to see Horizon Forbidden West in February 2023 (1 year after the console release), Demon's Souls and the Nathan Drake Collection...maybe the reason Sony didn't package all the Uncharted games on PC in 1 giant bundle is the price...they would most likely want to charge more than $69.99 for all 5 games

I don't see them doing two games one month apart. Seems like it is two months. August for Spider-Man, October for Uncharted 4, December for Miles Morales.

For Horizon Forbidden West I assume that will come later, after all DLC is out. I would probably prefer that. Just roll it all together.

Naughty Dog Vice President Arne Meyer confirmed on the ResetEra forums that DLSS support will be available at launch...the lack of any official mention might be due to a marketing deal with AMD

Sony is not marketing this as much as the Spidey games...definitely going under the radar...I'm not sure I'm going to buy this at launch (will probably wait for a sale)...I already played UC4 on the PS4...maybe if the PC port gets amazing reviews I'll change my mind

Feels like it was forgotten due to delays. They had things rolling with the launch of the PS5 remaster (which recently got 120Hz and VRR, by the way) and the movie. At this point, those things are in the rear view mirror. Now they have Miles Morales and the new God of War occupying their attention, too.

Now they have Miles Morales and the new God of War occupying their attention, too.

yeah bad move by Sony sandwiching this release between the Spider-Man games (PC) and God of War: Ragnarok...it's totally getting overshadowed by those other games...plus this week Gotham Knights and Plague Tale: Requiem are also releasing

Back