Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Looks like it is only Uncharted 4 and its standalone expansion, The Lost Legacy.

According to a PlayStation Blog post the Collection will be released in early 2022, though the PS5 version will be released first while the PC version will arrive “shortly after”...the PC version is in development by our partners at Iron Galaxy...

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection-coming-to-ps5-and-pc/

UC10.jpgUC11.jpg

According to a PlayStation Blog post the Collection will be released in early 2022, though the PS5 version will be released first while the PC version will arrive “shortly after”...the PC version is in development by our partners at Iron Galaxy...

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection-coming-to-ps5-and-pc/

View attachment 393541View attachment 393542
Iron Galaxy made the PC ports for Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, so it generally bodes well, though both have some very rare but serious bugs.

I am guessing no free upgrade for PS4 owners. Sony are being real douche bag by not offering free updates and pricing their exclusives at $70. Sony is going down the anti-consumer road again and will only get worst since they are more then likely going to win this generation again. The PS6 is going to be a shit show.

Not sure if I'm going to get this on PC or not. I have all the other games on the Playstation, so I might just snag this one on PS5 just to keep them all as a set. At the same time, I have to admit that I'm curious how the game will perform with details cranked and things like DLSS, ray tracing, and framerates over 60fps.

I still think it's the worst Uncharted game over the long haul BUT that first playthrough is pretty amazing. It's very story-focused and you barely even shoot at anything for the first half of the game. The latter sections are closer to the old games. Lost Legacy, too. In fact, Lost Legacy is probably a better game than U4 is. The plot is a throw-away, but the game itself is good and some of the puzzles and secrets are pretty damn challenging.

Not sure if I'm going to get this on PC or not. I have all the other games on the Playstation, so I might just snag this one on PS5 just to keep them all as a set. At the same time, I have to admit that I'm curious how the game will perform with details cranked and things like DLSS, ray tracing, and framerates over 60fps.

I still think it's the worst Uncharted game over the long haul BUT that first playthrough is pretty amazing. It's very story-focused and you barely even shoot at anything for the first half of the game. The latter sections are closer to the old games. Lost Legacy, too. In fact, Lost Legacy is probably a better game than U4 is. The plot is a throw-away, but the game itself is good and some of the puzzles and secrets are pretty damn challenging.

4 is my favorite of the games, though that is primarily due to the story. In terms of pure gameplay, I'd probably give it to 2, with 3 being a runner up. I own LL but have yet to play it.

To me 2 is far and away the best of the Uncharted games. It isn't perfect, but it's pretty close. Outside of that insta-fail stealth mission at the opening and the guardians at the end I love nearly everything about it. I'd probably even put it among my favorite games of the modern (aka. 3D hardware) era.

3 has some of the most amazing single scenarios, but the plot is straight-up ridiculous. The team even later admitted that they drew up individual areas and later shoehorned the plot around them. Some things never get explained and you end up basically stumbling upon the grand secret "treasure" by accident...which apparently nobody ever noticed before? There's also something weird with the aiming in that game. If you play 1, 2, and 3 in order it's immediately noticeable. They have "alternate" aiming in the menus, but that's still a little weird, too. It just isn't quite right and I find myself missing shots constantly in that game. The original TLOU has the same issue.

I actually still like the first game, but the shootouts are very much staged. The team does a brilliant job placing enemies in great places, but the shootouts nearly always go the same way as a result. The AI basically either hides/snipes or runs right at you. Still, the enemy placement is terrific and it really shines on the highest difficulties.

With 4, I feel like it has minimal replay value. I've replayed the first few games 7-8 times each. It's fun to replay the shootouts and I like the pacing. That one is a drag because it's 1/2 interactive story missions that you can't skip and you have to play them out. When you win the game it unlocks a way to only play the shootouts and it's kinda startling how few/short they are. I absolutely love the story, but the way you have to play through the plot sections kills my desire to play it for long stretches. The team that made that one apparently made 2 nearly totally separate games and we got an amalgamation of them.

Lost Legacy is like Uncharted 4 on steroids, but it's only about 60% as long. It's way more challenging and there's a terrific open world section, but the plot's really, really thin. Nadine and the main villain (Asav) are also about as exciting as sitting in traffic. Still, it's way more eventful than U4, which was more about a story than a game.

Hmmmm. They definitely stayed truthful to the source material. Quite a bit of the trailer is pulled straight from Uncharted 3 and 4. I still think it's horribly miscast, though. They went for big names, but actors that don't really represent the characters well. Sully, especially. Elena seems oddly absent, so they might've combined her with Chloe.

I still think it's horribly miscast, though. They went for big names, but actors that don't really represent the characters well. Sully, especially. Elena seems oddly absent, so they might've combined her with Chloe.

Mark Wahlberg as Sully is terrible casting...I like Tom Holland as Spider Man but he's not the right actor to play Nathan Drake

I am ok with Wahlberg as Sully. Holland as Nathan is a no. Wahlberg might of been a good Nathan if he was younger.

That's my thought, too. He would have actually been a decent Drake even now. Nate isn't exactly young in Uncharted 4 and Mark looks 10 years younger than he is. Sully's of retirement age at this point. Someone the age of Jeff Bridges or Kurt Russell. Not them necessarily, but someone who is at least 60 rather than a guy who's 50 and looks 40.

I didn't know what to expect going into the first one originally on PS3 and it ended up being one of the few games that I sat down and completed the same day I started it. 2 would have been the same way if it wasn't much longer than the first. 3 was rather forgetful as I honestly don't remember anything about it. But with 4 I never actually got around to finishing it.
This was my exact experience as well. The first and second games are absolutely superb, probably in my top 15-20 games of all time. Third was fun, but the story lost some steam. Fourth has all the constituent parts of a great game, but fell short -- I didn't finish it and hardly remember anything (apart from having to save your brother or something...)

The film trailer looks generic as heck. It's going to be real bad. Not 90s Mortal Combat bad, but still "I can't believe I just wasted two hours of my life" bad.

Last edited:
This was my exact experience as well. The first and second games are absolutely superb, probably in my top 15-20 games of all time. Third was fun, but the story lost some steam. Fourth has all the constituent parts of a great game, but fell short -- I didn't finish it and hardly remember anything (apart from having to save your brother or something...)

The film trailer looks generic as heck. It's going to be real bad. Not 90s Mortal Combat bad, but still "I can't believe I just wasted two hours of my life" bad.

I replayed 1 back when 4 first came out and it really doesn’t hold up as well as the second. Combat just doesn’t feel quite “right” and they don’t quite get the right balance between combat and exploration. I think 2 really nailed a lot of that, plus it had a better told story.

I still really like the first game. It's shootouts galore, but that makes me want to keep replaying it. The puzzles and plot revelations don't really have the same "oomph" after you've already experienced them once or maybe twice. With the first game, it's clear that they didn't have the same level of AI as the subsequent games. Enemies mostly either rush you or shoot at you from afar, but the devs did a great job positioning the different foes to make that challenging and fun. With the other games, they let the AI do a lot of the work. While that makes things more varied, it introduces a lot of uneven fights and more luck. Uncharted 3 with the difficulty cranked all the way up is a frustrating experience. You basically have to be psychic or lucky as hell not to die constantly in later sections. Especially with the weird aiming in that one. Uncharted 2 is a good mix of AI and pre-positioned enemies. Lost Legacy gets forgotten a little, but that game also has some really good shootouts once you get out of the open world section.

In spite of not loving Uncharted 4, I'll definitely end up buying the PC version to support future PC ports. Hopefully it comes sooner than later. The movie is due to release on 2/18, so I'm betting on a launch very close to that date.

I played Uncharted 4 but never played Lost Legacy so looking forward to it on PC

Lost Legacy actually balances out the "playable cutscene" aspect of Uncharted 4 nicely. It also has an open-world portion that's really well done. It actually feels like they were testing the waters for TLoU2's open world area.

Too bad the games are not available separately, I don't want to buy the lost legacy.

According to that trailer it is coming January 28 on PS5. No release date for PC. I wonder how long we'll have to wait.

According to that trailer it is coming January 28 on PS5. No release date for PC. I wonder how long we'll have to wait.

I’d imagine a couple-few months. God of War is coming in Jan, so perhaps March or April.

At this point I probably won't even get the PC version. The PS5 version is "good enough" and I'd almost forgotten how indifferent I am to Uncharted 4. The first half might as well be a Quantic Dream game. Things pick up in the second half, but I still don't think it's as good as 2 or 3.

At this point I probably won't even get the PC version. The PS5 version is "good enough" and I'd almost forgotten how indifferent I am to Uncharted 4. The first half might as well be a Quantic Dream game. Things pick up in the second half, but I still don't think it's as good as 2 or 3.

I also thought UC4 was the worst of the series...the main reason why I want this on PC is because I never played Lost Legacy (I had sold my PS4 by then)

I also thought UC4 was the worst of the series...the main reason why I want this on PC is because I never played Lost Legacy (I had sold my PS4 by then)

Lost Legacy is quite good IMO. While it's only about 60% the length of Uncharted 4, it feels much closer to the older games. The story and acting are forgettable by comparison, but it's more fun to actually play.

At least it's finally incoming. Glad PC gamers will finally get a crack at the series. With some luck, maybe they'll port the bundle that includes 1-3 someday.

EGS, ugh. Guess I can wait another year and then pick it up on a Steam sale.

Back