Uncharted 4 Goes Gold, Called “Most Visually Stunning Game Ever Created”

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If it is really the best looking game ever, then imagine how good it could have looked if it was on PC. Regardless, I guess now is a good time for me to get a PS4.

It's been a long road to release for Uncharted 4. The PS4-exclusive was first scheduled to launch in 2015, but was later moved to March 2016 and then again to April 2016 before its latest delay to May 2016. Uncharted 4 is the final entry in the series that Naughty Dog plans to develop and the last one to feature Nathan Drake in the lead role. However, the series may live on with another developer.

“Most Visually Stunning Game Ever Created”

Wake me when the most fun game ever created comes out.

I love the Uncharted series. This is gon be gud! I've been waiting for this game. :) It looks great (Naughty Dog never disappoints).

I respect that they are not going to milk this series forever, despite it being incredibly successful for them.

I could not get into Uncharted...found the gunplay tedious with bullet sponge enemies.

I bought the whole trilogy on hype so I guess I should try 2 and 3.

SNESbox.jpg

If it's for a console, then it can't be the most visually stunning per definition. We all know how weak these consoles are hardware wise.

Not a Ferrari or McLaren? Not a fast car, then, per definition.

Going by consoles, which is what we're comparing this to, it's visually stunning.

You almost feel bad for the devs and designers at Naughty Dog. They are obviously hugely talented to have squeezed those visuals out of what is effectively a mid-range gaming PC from 4 years ago, but imagine what they could do on a modern system.

Not a Ferrari or McLaren? Not a fast car, then, per definition.

Going by consoles, which is what we're comparing this to, it's visually stunning.

Your analogy is wrong.

It has 100bhp = it's not a fast car, that's what my meaning would translate to in the car world.

I prefer to think of it that "Damn! They were able to make this game look this good with such little resources." But I have enjoyed the Uncharted series. Very much awaiting this one. Also loved The Last of Us. Can't wait for that sequel.

Visually stunning is not just graphics horsepower and resolution. I can happily say that Windwaker (HD) and Okami (HD) are games I would definitely say were and with AA and updated resolution still are very visually stunning and pleasing games. Oh and Viva Piñata just popped into my mind as well. Beautiful older games from how they were designed and made.

Obviously this is all subjective, but to say "lolconsole cant luk better than Pc" just makes people sound ignorant. Obviously if Naughty Dog made this for PC, it would easily outclass the capabilities of the PS4, but they didn't so it is what it is and it's still a damn fine looking game.

it's definitely going to be the best looking game on any console...nothing on Xbox can touch it and it'll also be better then any other PS game ever released...this is the console exclusive that'll be worth the purchase of a PS4

If it's for a console, then it can't be the most visually stunning per definition. We all know how weak these consoles are hardware wise.

And yet, The Order 1886 isn't on PC.

Visually stunning is exactly what The Order is, it could have been done better on pc? of course, but it wasn't ;)

And yet, The Order 1886 isn't on PC.

Visually stunning is exactly what The Order is, it could have been done better on pc? of course, but it wasn't ;)

There is a difference between being visually stunning, and the most visually stunning ever created.

There is a difference between being visually stunning, and the most visually stunning ever created.
Yes, and there is a difference between most visually stunning created and most visually stunning possible.

The most visually stunning game ever created has already been created, because time is linear.
This could be the most visually stunning game created because it is not a necessary truth that despite having better hardware on PC it has been fully utilized.

I could not get into Uncharted...found the gunplay tedious with bullet sponge enemies.

I bought the whole trilogy on hype so I guess I should try 2 and 3.

You should really try 2. They greatly improved on every complaint about the first game.

They got their terminology all wrong, that's no game.

Yes, and there is a difference between most visually stunning created and most visually stunning possible.

The most visually stunning game ever created has already been created, because time is linear.
This could be the most visually stunning game created because it is not a necessary truth that despite having better hardware on PC it has been fully utilized.

The problem is that visually stunning is an undefined term. What do you consider stunning? Even older games look visually stunning when run in 4K. And since consoles can't run 4K they don't stand much of a chance to be the most visually stunning ever.

Ima hear griping about non 4k, and non 60fps, but there isn't another game that looks this good thats an AAA title on PC, bottom line. PC has been getting lame ports for years, someone needs to step up and push it. Sad days when a 6 year old computer just needs a vid card bump to keep up with todays PC games.

Currently existing games, The Order is unmatched even with Assassin's Creed on pc. And that is because it is what next gen AC and all the other PBR engines will be, you may think that it is cheating but that is just how it is, the console can be slower but being a static target you can be certain of what you can do with a exclusive title.

Of course that a game made specifically for a 980Ti with an i7 could be more stunning, and yet such game doesn't currently exist.

Visually stunning != graphically impressive...

All on a AMD CPU and GPU - Amazing stuff.

It is a good looking game (going from the video) but far from the greatest. Medium range textures at best, dated water, undetailed effects like bullets hitting the ground, some environmental areas look very plain. Looks roughly on par with MGSV on PC.

I love the Uncharted series. This is gon be gud! I've been waiting for this game. :) It looks great (Naughty Dog never disappoints).
3 was boring. I was not a great big fan of the first 2 but they were pretty good. 3 was just a snorefest, and it wasn't just me that thought it, my friends who loved 1 and 2 to death were disappointed.

Anyway, texture looks pretty meh.

the character models and animation were first rate in Uncharted 4 but textures were hit or miss...still might be the best looking console game ever released

I say definitely best looking console game with superb detail. If you have a fixed standard and can dedicate the team just around that standard - you can do some amazing stuff.

Back