Unbranded Geforce 680. Can someone Identify?

Oscar Meyer

Limp Gawd
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I believe they are unbranded NVIDIA cards so the only warranty is through Alienware and it's only like a year or possibly two. Alienware may need a receipt/original owner, I don't know how RMAs work.

I don't know who actually manufactured them but either way the warranty if there is any is alienware.

Why is the guy wearing gloves? XD

I believe they are unbranded NVIDIA cards so the only warranty is through Alienware and it's only like a year or possibly two. Alienware may need a receipt/original owner, I don't know how RMAs work.

I don't know who actually manufactured them but either way the warranty if there is any is alienware.

Think he runs a computer store cause I sorted through past items he has sold and seems he sells alot of these unbranded cards. And no complaints either, so its probably legit. I doubt there is any obtainable warranty on these, but I'm pulling the trigger. Anyone know what the purpose of that metal plate is?

cards like those are directly from nvidia
Yup P2002 it's just a stock nvidia geforce gtx 680, with the same pbc and cooler that nvidia would ship it to say asus or w.e who would just lap a sticker with it and shove some asus branded products with. You only later see varity of pbc and coolers weeks after a gpu's release and nvidia or amd says it's okay for places like asus to do so before then all the graphics cards are made by nvidia essentially.

I doubt selling alienware parts comes with any sort of support for replacements as they don't really sell individual parts if the whole PC was sold then there might be something.

maybe that metal thingy mounts to the alienware case so it doesn't snap from its own weight

im pretty sure that its for the ease of removing the graphics card from the case

Well, they're all sold out. Was able to snag one, now I hope I don't get a dud. It is Ebay after all. After 3 years of running red in my box, I'm back to the green.

Those metal things are typical of Dell computers.

The thing supports the GPU inside the case, and allows for placement inside the case.

It can be removed.

Yup, those are basic nvidia OEM cards that are contracted to nvidia specifics at release.
Any nvidia partner receives these initially at release and then slaps their branding stickers on them for resale.

Nvidia makes cards for reviews and OEM's, I had 580 GTX I bought from a reviewer and it ran like a champ. I have no clue how a warranty works though

Back