Unattended Windows Installation - automatically partitioning?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
OK, I'm trying to figure this one out, but at this point it's looking like the Windows installer simply cannot perform the funtion I want. I've gotten it to automatically partition the disk into one drive and format, and I've gotten it to ask me.

I want this answer file to automatically cut the disk into half. I want two partitions, each 50% of the drive space. Can it be done?

I'm just replying so it's in my subscribed list. This is something I'd like to know as well.

This guy here has some ideas involving a BartPE disc. Otherwise check out http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/ which has all the info about unattended installs. I'm still searching for way to multipartition within the windows setup while not being there, but I'm not sure it is possible. I think you will need to find another program or run a version or DOS and write a batch file or something to partition the disc. I'll get back to you if I find anything else.

blksun000 said:
This guy here has some ideas involving a BartPE disc. Otherwise check out http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/ which has all the info about unattended installs. I'm still searching for way to multipartition within the windows setup while not being there, but I'm not sure it is possible. I think you will need to find another program or run a version or DOS and write a batch file or something to partition the disc. I'll get back to you if I find anything else.

My Company does this with Win Workers, I am sure you could it with any imaging machine/software

A quick glance through ref.chm and other references to the command for the unattended answer file turned up nothing. I'm not sure this can be done. I think you will have to deal with only one if you intend to only use the windows setup. I think your best bet would be to look through what that guy in the link I posted before has to say about the BartPE disk and do some research concerning running some kind of DOS from a CD so you can run a partition program and write a batch file or something to tell it how to partition your drives to your specifications. I'm sure that you can then run the windows setup program from that same batch file. I think that you will want to make sure that DOF is not installed on teh harddrive and make sure it is run from the disc/mem like a floppy. If this is not to your liking, you could always redeem the unattended disc by putting a bunch of your favorite programs on it and creat your own OEM package that installs when Windows does. Good luck and repost here if you figure out how to make the partitioning unattended. I would be very interested in this, though I don't have the time myself to check it out.

Back