Unable to overclock Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z

pectin232

n00b
I have the Asus Maximum IV Gene Z with a i7 2600k and Vengence Ram. I am unable to run at the state Speed of 3800mhz by using just the Load OC Profile. Other settings are:

Ai Overclock: Manual
BCLK/PCIEE Frequence: 100 [Default]
Turbo Ratio: All Cores
Max Turbo Ratio Setting: Auto
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Auto
Memory Bandwidth Booster: Disabled
Xtreme Tweaking: Disabled
iGPU Max Frequency: Auto
EPU Power Saving Mode: Disabled
Dram Timing Control: All Auto
CPU Performance Settings:
CPU Ration: Auto
Enhanced SpeedStep Technology: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
Maximum Power Enabled
CPU Core Cutrrent Limit: 1023.875
CPU I/O Current Limit: Auto

Advance
Current CPU Ratio: 34

CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Disabled
Hyperthreading: Enabled
Active Processsor Cores: All
Limit CPUID Maximun : Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled
Enhanced Speed Step Tech: Enabled

Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E: Disabled
CPU C3 Report: Disabled
CPU C6 Report: Disabled

Anti Surge Support: Enabled

Everything else is at default. Somehow I am unable to even use the XMP Profile of the memory I have... Vengence 1866 mhz 16GB 4 x 4GB Corsair. Everything is brand New. Suggestions anyone? I followed other settings like adjust indivually each core to 36-44 but it did not boot up. What did I miss?

Raja, is it true that Vt-d on this motherboard is a physical limiation and not just a BIOS implementation? Thanks.

Raja do you have a link to ROG forums as I am not sure where when .... I have working on this for 18 hrs but somehow I am not sure why. I even use the ASUS AI Suite to overclock it... it says it succesfully overclocked it to 4200+ghz but when I use CPUZ and Everest it still shows as 3.4ghz or so... advise?

Raja, is it true that Vt-d on this motherboard is a physical limiation and not just a BIOS implementation? Thanks.

Physical limitation per Intel. Q series chipsets are the only ones that will validate all 50 VT tests.

-Raja

Raja do you have a link to ROG forums as I am not sure where when .... I have working on this for 18 hrs but somehow I am not sure why. I even use the ASUS AI Suite to overclock it... it says it succesfully overclocked it to 4200+ghz but when I use CPUZ and Everest it still shows as 3.4ghz or so... advise?

Go to ROG forums and check the overclocking guide for this board where you made the post, my response is below.

Check you have the latest version of CPU-Z installed and monitor the CPU frequency when the system is under software load.

-Raja

im sorry for going off topic. but is it normal for this motherboard to have the 2500k at 1.2 v at idle?

Back