Unable to modify printer settings as Domain Admin logged into Windows print server

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Greetings,

REG-PRNTSRVR1\Administrators local security group contains DOMAIN\Domain Admins as a member.

The default 'Print Server Properties' security tab has 'Administrators (REG-PRNTSRVR1\Administrators)' with full blown permissions. Under Advanced Security Settings, there are two entries for this; one of them has 'View Server' and 'Manage Server' checkmarked applying to 'This server only', and the other for 'Print', 'Manage Printers', and 'Manage Documents' applying to 'Documents and printers only'.

I am RDP'd into REG-PRNTSRVR1 as my own credentials, a member of Domain Admins security group.

Why in the world do I not have the ability to modify these default permissions or modify the settings of printer queues? Even the 'Security' tab of printer queues say 'Administrators (REG-PRNTSRVR1\Administrators)' has full blown permissions ('Special Permissions' not checkmarked though).

Is domain admins added to the local Print Operators Group?

Is domain admins added to the local Print Operators Group?
no

I did this just now via 'control userpasswords2' --> Advanced --> Manage --> Groups --> added Domain Admins to Print Operators group. Then I logged off of the Windows print server, then logged back in. No change. Options to modify security permissions are still grayed out for me.

Back